Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Open Beta

MoomoocrunchMoomoocrunch Member Posts: 12

Many people have been accepted into the closed beta according to other threads (I didn't get in ::::16::). Because I didn't get into the closed beta I just wanted to know: When will the open beta begin?

---------------------------------------------
I will eat you (maybe)

I will eat you (maybe)

Comments

• RaptorStormRaptorStorm Member Posts: 312

In the topic "From Lineage 2 main site" a GM states that they can not release the date open beta will begin. This is over course due to the fact that they need to iron out all the issues with closed beta first and may run into unexpected issues at the last minute.

Those are my views... seen through a broken glass.
    -Raptor

Smith & Wesson: The original point and click interface.
    -Raptor

• AltimitAltimit Member Posts: 82

Yea, I am in the closed beta and there are a lot of issues. The game suffers from quite a few text problems as the korean language doesn't have problems with words ending up like th
    is (choppsed in two by the end of a line). Hopfeully that will be fixed. PvP is hardly functional either, right now you can just run around attacking anyone outside of town, which is kind of fun but the stupid thing won't let you use spells/skills in pvp at this point, only normal attacks, so my poor elven mystic is screwed in pvp combat. You're not missing a whole lot at this point so just sit tight till the open beta starts and the game will really be worth playing.

Can you totally not use skills and spells or can you just not use them when PKing? In the other betas you could not use a Power Attack or spell unless both players where involved in combat and it wasn't until the other person was purple to be able to use spells and skills on them.

-Raptor

-Raptor

• ZaceZace Member Posts: 77

imageWell PvP is implemented...  You can go around the newbie lands and kill anyone you want.  Griefers all over the place (reminds me of the bad old days of UO).

All I hope is that they release a non PvP server on release.  The game is gorgeous to look at, quests are good.

Sure they have a lot of work to do - but its looking V nice.

PvP is by no means griefing. Random PKing is more griefing then anything.

It is not beneficial to be a PK'er in L2 and you will see them out there, it will not be a problem like a lot of people think it will be. A lot of people in the betas don't really care about their characters because they are playing for free and they just want to goof off, so random PKing is higher then it would be normally. During the TW OB it wasn't uncommon to have a PK'er griefing newbies but it wasn't constant and a simple shout for help always brought a flood of people that can't wait to kill a ganker.

-Raptor

-Raptor

• MoomoocrunchMoomoocrunch Member Posts: 12
    Well, too bad they aren't gonna tell us the open beta date.image I also am glad for PK killers (even though PK killers are PKers themselves it's different image). Only a couple months until the release and that's not very long image.

I will eat you (maybe)

I will eat you (maybe)

• AltimitAltimit Member Posts: 82
    I don't think PKing will be a problem, if somone has bad karma (gained by pking) there are various guardians out in the wilderness that will attack pkers so if somone tries to pk you, you just run untill you see one of them, then it'll be the pk'er who's crapping his pants :D

• FarFullFarFull Member Posts: 18

heh..

pk-ing IS a problem actually.. cuz when new people dont know better, a high lvl will come along.. hit'em once to challenge them. and if they hit back, well, then the high lvl can kill them without becoming red.

And I've also been seeing some people just becoming red at like, lvl 15, and then just whacking a bunch of lowbies for fun, killing them.. but not before they warehouse all their stuff... then just stay around the lowbie areas, dying and killing stuff to work off the karma. The funniest thing is when other higher lvls see the reds and just gang up on'em and kill'em.. I don't think they really plan for that.

Speaking of pk-ing, there was a dark elf that was in the orc newbie area.. and when he walked outside, 2 well armored orcs attacked him.. I know one guy was at least lvl 13.. but the dark elf just WASTED them. Don't know what lvl he was, but man, he killed'em good and fast

This will cool down in P2P, people don't care about there beta characters and want to test the game too.

-Raptor

-Raptor

• MistiMisti Member Posts: 724

Im not big on pvp myself and was worried about the possibility of getting random pked all the time and not enjoying the game but they really have done an amazing job with their system to discourage it.

Occasionally people wanting to pvp will ask if anyone wants to fight and then duel with them but others will just hit someone once then stop attacking to see if they attack back and if they do then they will fight, if not they leave them alone.

I saw someone trying this on people as they ran out of town hitting them once then stopping if they kept running by or didn't attack back.  He did it a few times then poof, he hit someone and one hit killed him (must have been really low health already or level 1 or something). 

The pker said something to the effect of "oh &^%$" now that he was red and would have to work off karma, then everyone standing around outside of town waiting for friends to go group or whatever turned and slaughtered him.  I believe he even dropped one of his items when he died.  It had to be one of the more humorous moments in my time playing mmorpgs.

• JutsuJutsu Member Posts: 264

Ya.. I agree with the pking idea.. Its geniously clever pk system.. Even "I" would think its very cool

1 hit... see if they want to boogy.. and then if someone dies from no reason at all... everyones after him I really agree with the style of Player-Vs-Player

Correct me if im wrong: Do they do this?

Opponent: Hits person once

Opponent 2: Fights back= A fair fight and they dont get any permenent stats if they both are fighting

**Illegal PvP**

Opponent: Attacks and murders opponent 2

Opponent 2: This person died and the murderer gets a stat that which if someone sees him.. the murderer gets his Butt kicked imageimageimageimageimage

THATS a really nice system.. if I'm wrong.. correct me..

I wish i could play this... BUT NO.. my requirements are low...

(o'.')--------oo----('.'o)

• YordoYordo Member Posts: 831
    Sweet, I just received my invite to the Lineage 2 closed beta today...so everyone watch your email image

• MistiMisti Member Posts: 724

It works like this Jutsu.

Everyone starts out with a white name and is a standard character.  If person A attacks person B, person A's name becomes purple.  If person B fights back, then that person becomes purple too.  When the fight is over both people return to white with no negative consequences (other then if someone died they will have lost a little exp).

If person B doesnt fight back and person A goes on to kill person B then person A's name turns red and he gains a certain amount of bad karma.  While a person is red anyone can attack him and kill him without worrying about gaining bad karma or turning red.

Everyone has a small chance to drop an item when they die but when your red that chance seems to increase quite a bit.  The fact many people will attack you and your more likely to drop your stuff, not to mention town guards will kill you on sight, make being red undesireable.

Hopefully that isnt too garbled to understand.  image

lol, there are 10k+ closed beta testers now, me being one of them.

-Raptor

-Raptor

• JutsuJutsu Member Posts: 264
    lol ya.. thanks for the little review :P

• ThoemseThoemse Member UncommonPosts: 457

Originally posted by Altimit
    Yea, I am in the closed beta and there are a lot of issues. The game suffers from quite a few text problems as the korean language doesn't have problems with words ending up like this (choppsed in two by the end of a line). Hopfeully that will be fixed. PvP is hardly functional either, right now you can just run around attacking anyone outside of town, which is kind of fun but the stupid thing won't let you use spells/skills in pvp at this point, only normal attacks, so my poor elven mystic is screwed in pvp combat. You're not missing a whole lot at this point so just sit tight till the open beta starts and the game will really be worth playing.
    Wow breaking the NDA doesn't bother you it seems?
    They could sue you you know?

-EDIT-
    My post wasn't very constructive, so I deleted it.
    -EDIT-

-Raptor

• FarFullFarFull Member Posts: 18

*shrugs*

I actually haven't found too many bugs... except for some tards that starting private stores wit !!&&##$$$ symbols of taht sort and crashing everyone that comes in their view.. I think they're doing it to be tards too