Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Well I enjoy the game

SlickinfinitSlickinfinit Member UncommonPosts: 1,094

I am having fun playing Roma Victor and its nothing like any other mmo I played! It has a ton of set backs atm but I still ike it because its open and complex, the only things that bug me are the rare client crash I get every few days or the ugly looking graphics but that I can deal with. I also hope to see more wildlife soon but I know it will be in soon.

This game is for mature, patient and people looking for a challenge because just learning all the things to craft and setting up a cities infrastructure is tough in this game. Devs dont hold our hands and lead us to the fun but instead give us an apple and a knife n say cya! I got my toon lost,hungry, thirsty and wounded almost where I had to commit suicide lol but I kept wondering and foraging and found food and found home).

Last night some Barbarian speared me in the face but before he could DB me he was killed in turn which was my first taste of PvP and full looting open PvP is my kinda place! I also like this form of twitch combat BUT they have to fix the small lag spikes to really make it shine.

I hope the game keeps getting better and the DEVS stay on track and if they can then ROma will suceed.

{(RIP)} SWG

Comments

• BuZZKilgoreBuZZKilgore Member Posts: 525

Why would someone have to be mature to play this game? lol
    When someone describes a game as mature and you need patience to play the meens it's boring. It's good that you enjoy it but c'mon don't get all elite on us, save that for the Eve fanbois.

• grinreapergrinreaper Member Posts: 507

Originally posted by BuZZKilgore
    When someone describes a game as mature and you need patience to play the meens it's boring. It's good that you enjoy it but c'mon don't get all elite on us, save that for the Eve fanbois.

let me break it down for you...mature=attention span long than a gerribls. It isnt elite...it is different from you, but it isnt elite...
  • KemarikKemarik Member Posts: 122

Buzz, I am baffled as to why you and others on this forum laugh at the idea that this game requires mature people.  Perhaps you have not played it much or at all?

Let me try to shed some light here with just one example and then I'm gonna log on and go play the game the rest of the evening :

I've recently been looking into smithing as something I want to try in the game to augment the skills I've gained already.  I guess I should NOT have been surprised but when I diagramed out the entire process from start to finish for making a simple hammer today, it was 19 individual crafting steps total involving a host of skills, tools, resources, and public installations.  I'm not personally familiar with the carpentry, pottery, smelting, and smithing techniques of people from 180 AD, but it really looks to me like RB has coded in every single step that would have been required in real life.  Amazing.  The crafting in this game is not for anybody with a short attention span nor is it for anybody lacking the social skills to be able to communicate and cooperate with other crafters in order to gain the needed resources and tools to complete the job.

Oh, and slickinfinit, glad you enjoy the game.  Look me up in Corst and we'll chat over an apple and an amphora of water or two.

• SlickinfinitSlickinfinit Member UncommonPosts: 1,094

Originally posted by Kemarik

Buzz, I am baffled as to why you and others on this forum laugh at the idea that this game requires mature people.  Perhaps you have not played it much or at all?

Let me try to shed some light here with just one example and then I'm gonna log on and go play the game the rest of the evening :

I've recently been looking into smithing as something I want to try in the game to augment the skills I've gained already.  I guess I should NOT have been surprised but when I diagramed out the entire process from start to finish for making a simple hammer today, it was 19 individual crafting steps total involving a host of skills, tools, resources, and public installations.  I'm not personally familiar with the carpentry, pottery, smelting, and smithing techniques of people from 180 AD, but it really looks to me like RB has coded in every single step that would have been required in real life.  Amazing.  The crafting in this game is not for anybody with a short attention span nor is it for anybody lacking the social skills to be able to communicate and cooperate with other crafters in order to gain the needed resources and tools to complete the job.

Oh, and slickinfinit, glad you enjoy the game.  Look me up in Corst and we'll chat over an apple and an amphora of water or two.

Ty, my IGN is Tyrenius and I recently joined the honored House of Cornelius so I will see you in town :) Looking forward to facing another barbarian bandit I got more combat skills n wont get incaped so easy lol.

{(RIP)} SWG

• VirtusVirtus Member Posts: 492

Originally posted by Slickinfinit

Originally posted by Kemarik

Ty, my IGN is Tyrenius and I recently joined the honored House of Cornelius so I will see you in town :) Looking forward to facing another barbarian bandit I got more combat skills n wont get incaped so easy lol.

HAIL CORNELIAN! May Minerva watch you upon your life's journey.