Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WHATS THE BEST PVP MMORPG?

i am guessing ultima online image tell me what game u think is best and why image

I am god!

Blah blah blah......

Comments

• BigPeelerBigPeeler Member Posts: 1,270

sorry i didnt read the title right, i thought the question was "what is the best FREE MMORPG"...

okay now that i know the question im going to have to vote Lineage 2... Lineage was the king of PvP and Lineage 2 simply takes that to another level

--------------------------------------

• ThoemseThoemse Member UncommonPosts: 457

Eve Online sice loosing really realyl hurts inthat game. Every other PvP in a MMORPG is not risky and therefore just boring quick.

Linage 2 will be great too i am sure.

• OmegaLetOmegaLet Member Posts: 588
    My favorite are shadowbane or asherons call 1 but thats just me!

-http://www.aimoo.com/forum/freeboard.cfm?id=559646&NoCaches=Yes
    ^My board about my game idea...(updated)

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993

Ultima Online, EVE Online, World War II Online and Planetside. Though the later 2 are more of a MMOFPS type thing. Kinda like Quake on a grand scale.

Also you can try Lineage II.

• FinweFinwe Member CommonPosts: 3,106
    Asherons Call 1, especially the earlier years on darktide. Had alot of interesting times.

"The greatest trick the devil played on humanity in the 20th century was convincing them that he didn't exist." (Paraphrasing) C.S. Lewis

"If a mother can kill her own child, what is left before I kill you and you kill me?" -Mother Teresa when talking about abortion after accepting the Nobel Peace Prize in 1979

• scars87scars87 Member Posts: 234

1st off i got to say.. THOEMSE YOUR MY HERO! Eve-online has the best PvP system. I can't wait for Pirates of the Burning Sea- It looks like its going to have the same PvP system. I havent played UO but i herd that game kicks butt is all aspects. So I think UO and Eve-online is the BEST games/pvp.

~dRe~

• Mud_MonsterMud_Monster Member UncommonPosts: 229
    Shadowbane is my personal favorite PvP game so far--too bad the non PvP part of the game is pretty boring though. I never really played UO though i hear it has good PvP from some friends of mine.  I hear DAoC is or was a good PvP game. I havent tried it though.  I am looking forward to Lineage 2 and Guild Wars.  Both look to be good PvP games.

• ViolentYViolentY Member Posts: 1,458

I'd have to say:

-Shadowbane (If they could only fix the lag, etc.)
    -Lineage 1
    -Lineage 2
    -Oldschool UO (From what I've heard--never got to play it myself, I was just starying my MMORPGs with Lineage at the time and never even heard of UO)

-Machiavelli

• LILLIPPA328LILLIPPA328 Member Posts: 331
    Hmmm,Dark Age of Camelot,Shadowbane,and coming up,Lineage 2,and Guild Wars.

If MMORPGs are addicting us,and keeping us 24/7,then why are we wasting our importing leveling time here?

**Like to talk about Video Games?Go to Veiwers Pick Forums...

http://viewerspick.proboards35.com/index.cgi?

• HemKhanHemKhan Member Posts: 231

Darkfall most likely when it is released.

Outkast Studios
    Mystic Online Community Forums

• higgsbosonhiggsboson Member Posts: 296

1) GUILD WARS

The Best approach to competitive MMORPG. Just read the skill description from the official page. You will get the idea.....  This game will be my way of kissing good-bye to Blizzard. Damn I'm gonna miss Starcraft and WC3.

2) LINEAGE 2

You don't talk about PvP in MMORPG without this game. Period.

• SubleakSubleak Member Posts: 9
    I'd definatly have to vote for Asheron's Call 1 as well.

• paradymeparadyme Member Posts: 238
    Meridian 59 is the best there is, the best there was and the best there ever will be when it comes to PvP.

• geldgeld Member Posts: 129

IMO Everquest PVP server Rallos Zek before they added level restrictions.

*Signature*The Pessimist says the cup is half empty. The Optimist says the cup is half full. The Pragmatist says the cup is half full of air. The Engineer says the cup is operating at 50% capacity. The Psychologist says the cup is your mother. The Punk Kid also says the cup is your mother. The Cricket Player says his cup is definately full. Everyone knows that Pamela Andersons cups are full. The Defendant says it was like that when he found it. Me, I just ask the waitress for a refill.

• 0Avatar00Avatar0 Member Posts: 49

I THINK I WILL TRY EVE THAT SEEMS TO B THE ONE THAT MOST PPL HAVE SAID TO HAVE THE BEST PVP SYSTEM  image

I am god!

Blah blah blah......

• FlamingBoiFlamingBoi Member Posts: 206

Originally posted by higgsboson

1) GUILD WARS
    The Best approach to competitive MMORPG. Just read the skill description from the official page. You will get the idea.....  This game will be my way of kissing good-bye to Blizzard. Damn I'm gonna miss Starcraft and WC3.
    2) LINEAGE 2
    You don't talk about PvP in MMORPG without this game. Period.

Number 1, i agree guild wars is gona be great.. but it ain't gona kick blizzard's ass.. it may not seem as great as u see now , and theres a slight chance it may be cancelled.. *POOF* .. just like mythica ;)..

SECOND,LINEAGE 2.. U CAN LEAVE OUT PVP IN THIS GAME.. IT'S SO STUPID.. the game isn't really meant for PvP.. u pk someone and what u get back is hella crap time.. trying to lower ur karma back to 0.. it's a pain in the ass.. and u get nothing at all!..

Lastly.. i say the best is helbreath, quite a old mmorpg.. it has a town vs town pvp system which i like ;)

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

Well since you mentioned pvp in a mmorpg I say DAoC.

However while planetisde is not a mmorpg but a mmofps it has the best pvp by a long mile.

But then again it is all about pvp in planetisde hehe.

• ViolentYViolentY Member Posts: 1,458

Originally posted by FlamingBoi

SECOND,LINEAGE 2.. U CAN LEAVE OUT PVP IN THIS GAME.. IT'S SO STUPID.. the game isn't really meant for PvP.. u pk someone and what u get back is hella crap time.. trying to lower ur karma back to 0.. it's a pain in the ass.. and u get nothing at all!..

You haven't played the game much at all, have you?

First off, it only takes 20-30 minutes to get your karma back if you know what you're doing.
    Second, I think the karma idea is a good one. It discourages lower-level PKs, but doesn't do something stupid like cap it at a level.
    Third, there are things called wars and siege zones, where you can PvP other guilds without having to go red/lose karma points.

-Machiavelli

• RamsieRamsie Member UncommonPosts: 51

Originally posted by ViolentY

Originally posted by FlamingBoi

You haven't played the game much at all, have you?

First off, it only takes 20-30 minutes to get your karma back if you know what you're doing.
    Second, I think the karma idea is a good one. It discourages lower-level PKs, but doesn't do something stupid like cap it at a level.
    Third, there are things called wars and siege zones, where you can PvP other guilds without having to go red/lose karma points.

Actually, the Karma system, as it is working in BETA, is crap. The game does not make "gankers" suffer as intended due to easy ways of removing the negative affects. PK all ya want, then go and die to guards for a few minutes to fix it...

I have yet to see a good method of allowing both PvP and non PvP to exist in a world where one doesnt adversly affect the other.

• TaskyZZTaskyZZ Member Posts: 1,476

Originally posted by geld
    IMO Everquest PVP server Rallos Zek before they added level restrictions.

I played Rallos Zek from the beginning, and I do not remember it having no level restrictions. It had full looting for a very little while before they went to the one item rule, but I do not remember there not being a 4 level cap.

• BKOOLBKOOL Member Posts: 67

In my opinion no games out right now have really good PvP.  If I have to choose though I would say Asherons Call 1. 

I am looking forward to the PvP in Dark and Light, and Knight Online.  From what I have read about both of them is that they will be incorporating castle raids to take over towns, and other types of large scale battles.  If this is true they get my vote for best PvP.