Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMO on the HL2 Engine!

3ddyt3ddyt Member Posts: 20

Quest : The Lost Realm

My Brother Gaz has been dreaming of making one since he was 16, and started out with basic drawings. Now he is 22 and has a first degree in Game animation so hes gone big, attempting to make one on the HL2 engine. You should see the Graphics! He has made some exceleent models but has yet to update the site (which have the HL1 models). He is the leader of the team, and he has one MAIN programmer who is doing an excellent job, progress is at a huge pace at the moment. He is looking for more enthusiasts who can Programe C++ code. Any users who can use 3D max and milk shape models will help lots too. Contact me at [email protected] and i can give you site details, and a chat with the maker! (its going to be 100% free)

Love Your Homie Edd

Edward thomas

Comments

• theanimedudetheanimedude Member UncommonPosts: 1,610

Wheres the site? If you show me proof, I might believe you.

I have been working on a concept for an MMO in the Source engine for some time now. It's hard to have a persistent world across multiple servers though, because the default Source objects are not made to teleport between dynamic server locations. Either way, once I find a way to get around this bump, I have everything else done.

Maybe some proof of progress would be nice though, because he might have found a way around that I haven't. It's always nice to share ideas and findings.

PS
    Big annoying text doesn't make you seem smarter. Use the default text, it is a lot easier on the eyes. Thanks.

EDIT:
    Found this on google: http://quest.planethalflife.gamespy.com/

• PibblePibble Member Posts: 285
    Graphics look OK. Not very good, but still.