Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Combat, first person and lazyness

StereoviewerStereoviewer Member Posts: 238
I post this because I´m to lazy to finding out by myself: Will I be able to play the game in first person view? Will the combat system be auto-attack style? And will they put more trees into the game (I think there are too few)?

Comments

• GeistGeist Member Posts: 79

Hi,

there is no real first person, just a view over close over the head that is first person like. The combat system is auto-attack. Just choose a mob, give attack command and wait till it's dead. You can do skills in combat, but dwarfs don't have any attack skills in the beginning (till lvl 20) so I can tell you that dwarfs are really boring.

Geist

I can't do anything but live my life

"Dumm ist nur der, der Dummes tut" ~ (Forest Gump)

• StereoviewerStereoviewer Member Posts: 238
    Can I see the head in the over the head view? An the skills in attack mode - are they special attacks?

• RaptorStormRaptorStorm Member Posts: 312

You can see the head, as Geist stated there is no first person view.

Yes the skills are special attacks.

Just beware that there is very little content in the game at the moment. I'm not saying you are one of them but to many people feel that playing the beta is more like a 'Free Trial Period' instead of understanding that all you are supposed to be doing is testing game mechanics, class balancing and system issues, not game content. When the game goes retail it comes with a whole new package that is intended to add in the game content, they call it Chronicle 1.

Those are my views... seen through a broken glass.
    -Raptor

Smith & Wesson: The original point and click interface.
    -Raptor

• FarFullFarFull Member Posts: 18

hmm... I think there's a bunch of content atm.

cuz you have to do a whole lot of quests to get any serious coin. The quest log doesn't work yet, but yeah, you still have to get quest items and junk

• MistiMisti Member Posts: 724

I dont know about dwarves but for dark elves the combat skills are vital to most fights and keep things exciting imo.  There also seem to be many more combat skills in this game then any other mmorpg I have tried.

Using your skills at the right times and with a little strategy can have a huge impact on how often and how long you have to spend resting after groups of fights if at all. 

I have to agree with Farfull, at least for the lower levels that I have played there seems to be plenty of content and they havent even added the chronical yet.

• RaptorStormRaptorStorm Member Posts: 312

Originally posted by FarFull
    hmm... I think there's a bunch of content atm.
    cuz you have to do a whole lot of quests to get any serious coin. The quest log doesn't work yet, but yeah, you still have to get quest items and junk

That's cool and I agree.

However it still doesn't change the fact that a lot of game content is still left out and will be added later on.

Those are my views... seen through a broken glass.
    -Raptor

Smith & Wesson: The original point and click interface.
    -Raptor