Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just what is there to do????

loxodromeloxodrome Member Posts: 12

Is there crafting of any sort, and if so how does it work?

Are there quests or is it straight PvP

What kind of economy is it, player driven, npc static, etc..

What about community? does the game try to generate interest in forming communities for reasons other then economic strength or a place to hang your sword?

Housing.. yes no?

What kind of rapid transit system is there...

What about death .. how does it work.

the avatars level based ala DnD, or skill/attribute based ?

I dont wanna buy another flop .. ive been burnt by SWG, AC 2, AO and countless others already.. Just need to get some base info before making any sort of purchase... Unless of course I can get a try before you buy beta pass .. <sigh

Comments

• HellscreamHellscream Member UncommonPosts: 98
    go here, and look at FAQ and all the other crap.. http://lineage2.universalrealms.com/default.asp

You fools dare get in my way? You'll be slaughtered like the rest! image

• BigPeelerBigPeeler Member Posts: 1,270

Originally posted by loxodrome

Is there crafting of any sort, and if so how does it work?
    Are there quests or is it straight PvP
    What kind of economy is it, player driven, npc static, etc..
    What about community? does the game try to generate interest in forming communities for reasons other then economic strength or a place to hang your sword?
    Housing.. yes no?
    What kind of rapid transit system is there...
    What about death .. how does it work.
    the avatars level based ala DnD, or skill/attribute based ?
    I dont wanna buy another flop .. ive been burnt by SWG, AC 2, AO and countless others already.. Just need to get some base info before making any sort of purchase... Unless of course I can get a try before you buy beta pass .. <sigh

okay i'll try to get as much of this as possible... i think u'll b pleasently suprised tho...

"is there any crafting" yes there is, the dwarf race has the ability to craft items and some of the best weapons/armor in game are craftable only, they also get a skill called spoil/sweeper which gives them more items from hunting monsters...

"are there any quests" yep theres alot of quests for each race/class u just gotta know where to find them... quests are alot of the time a very good way to get some descent weapons/armor/money

"what kind of economy is it" its a VERY player driven economy with everything from castle owners setting taxes to dwarves creating high end items and buying ingredients...

"what about community" after playing many many MANY games, Lineage still has the best comunity around, ppl are generally nice and helpful and greifing is very rare... also with the clan's, alliances and such, being nice and having many friends can really be handy

"housing.. yes no?" yes, there is player housing introduced in the "Chronical" update

"what kind of rapid transit system is there..." there's a boat to travel from the mainland to TI, there's teleportation NPC's but to encourage people walking/exploring the price is quite steep, and later in the game ridable dragons will be introduced... both land kind which act like a horse almost, and flying kind...

"what about death" upon death, u will lose a small amount of EXP (which can usually be gained back fairly qucikly) and there is a slight chance of dropping an item... this chance increases the more "chaotic" you get (from PK'ing and such)

"the avatars level based?" im not 100% sure what ur asking but if ur asking if this game is level or skill based the answer is level based... there is no "hard cap" on levl so you COULD reach level 1000 if you wanted, but there is a soft cap meaning after a certain level (like 60) the exp required for lvl up's will greatly increase, this usually happens again in another 10 lvl's or so... this stops power level'ers form getting WAY ahead of the crowd still allowing the casual gamer to stand a chance in a fight

"i dont want to buy a flop" well i wouldnt worry about that... Lineage 1 is and was the biggest, and most widely played MMORPG in the world and still holds records... Lineage 2 is still breaking records in Korea is expecting a huge fan base in North America... NCSoft is a very reliable company and seems to be all about quality... this game will be a huge hit ^^

--------------------------------------

• loxodromeloxodrome Member Posts: 12

Thanks for the update, that answered all my questions...

The only thing they need now is ... !Avatar Customization!. image

Other then that its sounds like a game i will more then likley buy.

• BigPeelerBigPeeler Member Posts: 1,270

ya the cahracter customization is actually quite limited and this is starting to throw some people off... i think its about 2 faces for every race/class (Human, Elf, Dwarf, Orc and Dark Elf), (Mage and Fighter), and 4 hair styles for every male and 6 for every female with 2 hair colors for each...

the lack of customization is for a reason though and thats because having too many mesh's loaded in a large scale siege of hundreds can greatly decrease the performance... so instead of bringing you down to 1fps in a siege just so you can see somebodies purple mohawk, its rather run at a descent FPS but not look so unique...

for the most part it doesnt bother too many people who are currently in game but there's already a few people who arent planning on playing simply because of this (funny seeing as these are most of the time the same people who say graphics doesnt matter, its all about gameplay)...

--------------------------------------

• loxodromeloxodrome Member Posts: 12

I think the answer there is.. The novilty has worn off and thier looking for that extra bit of love to keep them interested.

They being playing WAY to much are getting bored and are just now realizing that my char looks exactly like yours.. and what the hell is that all about. Or its because beta is not realy keeping the players interested, not that they have to be any means, its just that peeps are reaching for that extra bit of content that is not there, i dont know.. just speculation.. But what I do know that it will effect my enjoyment, there will not always be huge battles everyday that i need to attend, so what do i do in teh half time .. customization.. kool weapons, kool armour, questing with some buddies, or even crafting. If i do play i will prolly go Dwarf and do a bit of crafting, something that I have always enjoyed to some extent.... mabye that system will keep me interested.

• RaptorStormRaptorStorm Member Posts: 312

Everyone should at least try and hold out for the expansions that are due out. The nice thing about this game and NCsoft, is they are trying to make this a story book world handed to everyone by chapters or Chronicles. These expansions add to the game and expand the world but unlike SOE they cost nothing and are free for download by any subscriber. They are also placed in a set time frame, the first Chronicle is supposed to out for download when the game goes live, giving all the beta testers new content they have not yet seen and each Chronicle is planned in advance well before hand for more of a monthly or over few months thing, so it doesn't feel like an expansion at all, it just feels that the game world's story has flipped into the next chapter.

I thought this was good info.

Those are my views... seen through a broken glass.
    -Raptor

Smith & Wesson: The original point and click interface.
    -Raptor

• MistiMisti Member Posts: 724

I love character customization options as well but I don't really see the this game being that limiting.  Unlike say EQ where there was one leather, one chain, and one plate armor graphic for every person of a certain race there appears to be a much much larger selection of armor and clothing styles in this game.

Also though there are only 2 faces per race/sex the hair styles are really nice and make for quite a bit of variety when mixed with coloring, and clothing.  I rarely have a hard time telling who my friends are from small crowds and I play with all names turned off for a more immersive view.

Not to say they couldn't have done better and added a few more options but all in all the character models are still the best I have seen in a game and the choices you do get for customization are major differences not just the addition of another pony tail or single lock of hair like in some games.