Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG addicts ?

i am conducting a study into the effects of mmorpg's and the addictivity of these games.

i am looking for volunteers to fill out two questionnaires in an attempt to find out what factors lead to mmorpg addiction.

anyone who would like to take part in the questionnaires, can you please give me a note of your name and you email address. i will be very happy if you can help me out here.

if you have any comments on mmorpg addiction there are all welcome and will be included in my project.

prof TJ.... Cali Uni

Comments

• ramadinramadin Member Posts: 1,304

Might be better to give your email and have people email you.  I doubt everyone is going to want a thread full of personal emails.

"When you're in prison, dont be no ones bitch, its bad for you..."

The Offspring

-----------------Censored------------------

• TJtheAddictTJtheAddict Member Posts: 10

My email address is

[email protected]

if you could all then make the subject of the email MMORPG addict, then i can filter out all the rubbish i get. thanks

Prof TJ ......

• xDeadlinexxDeadlinex Member Posts: 83

Ok, email sent from PCGamer2099 ... I have always been curious on the subject of MMORPG addictiveness but never gotten to the point of asking... good idea, let us know what the outcome is!

Achiever 80%
    Socializer 46%
    Killer 40%
    Explorer 33%

i am a bit dissapointed at the lack of interest shown towards my post, it would be very helpful if there were some of you out there that would like to help.

so please just send me an email with the subject as MMORPG addiction and i will contact you with what needs to be done.

• OmolOmol Member Posts: 332
    You would prolly get a better response over the internet then mailing it to someone. My opinion anyways.

----------------------------
    Omol da'Ox
    The Blooded

----------------------------
    Omol da'Ox

• BigPeelerBigPeeler Member Posts: 1,270
    ya i wouldnt mind doin it if u had a direct link or something, but im not doin it this way

--------------------------------------

• ianubisiianubisi Member Posts: 4,201

Not sure why you're disappointed, except that I can only guess that your motives are not nearly as clear as you suggest they are.

• SatansDiscipleSatansDisciple Member Posts: 2,782

thats what i was thinking... thats why i only sent my 1st name... unless hes a haxor then were all screwed.

look at his used info:

The Dude
    E-Mail:
    [email protected]

yet at the bottom of his posts it says hes a professor in california... also i dont see some1 whos not hiding something not putting a real name.

--------------------------------------

• Sir-SvenSir-Sven Member Posts: 773
    I've been addicted to a few MMORPGs. It's very real. My e-mail should be in my user infor at the top right corner of this post.

Sir Sven

Cali Uni Is Glasgow Caledonian University in Glasgow Scotland, where i am a student there. i am not a professor that is just a signature that i usually use with my friends, so sorry if there was any confusion there. i am no hacker but there is no way i can convince you there.

the reason for my dissapointment in the responses is that in order for my results to be accurate, i need a lot of data to analyse.

if you are not happy with emailing me, then that is ok, you can just post a message to this topic to show some interest. i will be posting the questionnaire on the internet in the next week so i will write down the link in this topic discussion. so feel free to go to the link.

my name is Tim if anyone is interested, i did not put it in the info section as i am sure that most users of this discussion board, like me, are not willing to give their real name and details.

thanks anyway

• FinweFinwe Member CommonPosts: 3,106
    MMORPG most likely is more addictive then a good pot of crack because well, it usually stems from one of two things, we're a bunch of losers and we use an internet virtualized world to create our own life because lack thereof outside of it. Or two, you're sort of tired of your current life and you again, escape into a virtual one. But then again its that for alot of RPG's, but MMRPG's also have expanding content, usually alot more content, and other live beings.

"The greatest trick the devil played on humanity in the 20th century was convincing them that he didn't exist." (Paraphrasing) C.S. Lewis

"If a mother can kill her own child, what is left before I kill you and you kill me?" -Mother Teresa when talking about abortion after accepting the Nobel Peace Prize in 1979

Personal information a commodity, and even newcomers to the internet are aware of how badly misused it can be.

If you're going to solicit help from the public I suggest you learn better ways to earn their trust.

• vixenvixen Member Posts: 20

I agree, wholeheartedly, with the other respondants.
    If you're seeking help with your project & you're legit, then by all means, have the courtesy to supply us (your potential 'subjects') with a working link to your legitimate website; complete with your own bio, etc.
    You express disappointment over the lack of response to your post.
    Yet, you've received a good number of replies.
    Hmm, perhaps your disappointment is actually due to our lack of gullibility.::::01::
    This leads right back to many of the other replies.
    If you're on the level, 'Tim', then have the courtesy to provide more personal info about yourself, & working links to your project site, upfront. ::::39::

"I want you to tell me the tale that no one else will let you share; the story that whispers to you in your dreams...& haunts your every waking moment."~Vixen

• xDeadlinexxDeadlinex Member Posts: 83
    You guys worry too much... geez!

Achiever 80%
    Socializer 46%
    Killer 40%
    Explorer 33%

Originally posted by xDeadlinex
    You guys worry too much... geez!

Put your money where your mouth is and post your name and email address.

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

Originally posted by ianubisi
    Put your money where your mouth is and post your name and email address.

lol, Ianubisi....you seem a little "unnerved" these days like you're pissed at the world

It's gonna be ok image image

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

Originally posted by En1Gma
    lol, Ianubisi....you seem a little "unnerved" these days like you're pissed at the world
    It's gonna be ok

Not a bit unnerved, and everything is quite well really.

ianubisi, i have posted my name and email address.

and as i have said before i will be posting the link to the quesitonnaires, but as yet there is no link. i am in the process of writing the questions.