Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Freeloaders VS. Landowners (A Player Vs. EverQuest issue)

It's been over 2 years since Sony Online Entertainment came out with their new Stormhammer (Legends) server for EverQuest. Currently it's the highest populated server in EQ boasting a wide range of better features than the typical server. Out of all the features that are interesting is the better customer service. Unfortunately it shouldn't be called better customer service, but just plain customer service because on a regular server, there is none anymore. I'll admit i haven't played every server to see if GM's are on at all, but I can bet that there hasn't been one in a long while. Tarew Marr (my server) hasn't had a GM on to answer petitions in over 2 months and even then it was for only 10 min. I use the analogy of the freeloader vs. the landowner becuase that's what SOE has portrayed regular server player's to be, a burden, something to be contents with. If SOE had it's way, all the server's would be Legends servers and we'd be paying $40 a month. Now for alot of people, that's ridiculous! Quite frankly, by pulling back customer support from the regular servers, they are causing unrest amongst the players and trying to force us to pay more money for the service. They know they'll lose a few to this customer support situation, but in the end, more will come because EverQuest is a game where every month there's at least 2 new subscribers (or at least someone buying a new account). So ya, contradict this, but quite frankly Sony didn't even have the guts to make their own MMORPG, they didn't know how to risk it, and quite frankly, they never have or will.

-Mike (One angry and almost unloyal follower of the cult obsession known as EQ)

P.S. : Damn it's 6:00pm PST already, gotta do my Pre-Algebra homework!

Comments

• ianubisiianubisi Member Posts: 4,201

Even before Stormhammer the "customer service" was terrible. I barely noticed a difference.

• neschrianeschria Member UncommonPosts: 1,406

Originally posted by Atolycus

(Snipped for brevity-- I hope it hasn't changed the context...-- neschria)
    I'll admit i haven't played every server to see if GM's are on at all, but I can bet that there hasn't been one in a long while. Tarew Marr (my server) hasn't had a GM on to answer petitions in over 2 months and even then it was for only 10 min. I use the analogy of the freeloader vs. the landowner becuase that's what SOE has portrayed regular server player's to be, a burden, something to be contents with. If SOE had it's way, all the server's would be Legends servers and we'd be paying $40 a month. Now for alot of people, that's ridiculous! Quite frankly, by pulling back customer support from the regular servers, they are causing unrest amongst the players and trying to force us to pay more money for the service.

Legends subscribers are paying for better CS, and CS on regular servers is sparse. If you think it is frustrating for YOU, imagine how it is for the GM who has several servers to handle, night after night. It's not that they aren't around; they just don't stay logged into one server-- your petition is put in a queue, and the GMs come around to your server when your ticket comes up in the queue. I am sure they [SOE] are looking at the salaries they don't have to pay out in having guides handle most of the low level "help, I am stuck under a rock!" problems and not having a GM for every server, or even every 2 servers. The downside (long waits, poor service) falls on the users. And I am sure the current system makes for some long nights for the CS/GM folks too.

Aside from needing a couple of guilds formed and having to wait for hours upon hours for that, I have had mostly positive experiences with GMs. Now, you want to talk about a stupid thing-- how much of a GMs time would be freed up if they had a more sensible way to form a guild that didn't involve an actual GM coming down from on high to form the guild?

I wouldn't pay for Legends. It's just not for me. I'd rather deal with crappy CS. For that kind of money, I could multibox all 3 of my (currently inactive) EQ accounts and be half a group all by myself. image

~*~
    neschria
    Bludgeoner of Bunnies

This is where I draw the line: __________________.

• AnofalyeAnofalye Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,433

First, you need to make a difference between a GM and a Guide.

There are plenty of Guides on my server, they cant handle most stuff, yet, they do help a lot.

Any serious issue I have on the Luclin server was always answered within 30 minutes.

Any non-serious issue I have took an incredible amount of time(getting a surname for my twink took 2 years, I admit my twink was logged less then my main, yet, that is like 50 times petitions that last from 2 hours to 10 hours as I dont petition when I didnt have plenty of time for such stuff).

Legends server is the BEST thing that happen to EQ!  I never play on the Legends server and will never.  But you must understand thoses things: 1- the fact they pay 4 times our monthle fee make it possible to have staff for that server alone. 2- the most competitives players that can afford it move there.  The day legends come live was the nicest day of my EQ life, most of the dumb train makers, lootwhorish bastards left!  Of course, we lost many nice fellows as well, nothing is 100% pure, but as a whole, it was the greatest thing for a LOT of peoples.  The flames and rants of the lessers guilds that could not have a chance on any mob because in fighting and they where are able to grow, after years of  not even been able to access a Kunark dragon, they where able to try anything because the hard mobilizers where mostly gones! 

There are only 2 reasons someone can complain about the Legends servers been *more uber* and *better*:  1- You dont understand the basics facts I explain above or 2- You should be playing on the Legends server since you are very very competitive but you lack the RL cash to afford it.  It draw 50% of the most hardcores players on 1 server alone, and even if I am kinda hellish hardcore myself(althought on group and solo PvE only, I dont enjoy raiding or PvP), I would rather pay $10 per month then have a free access to Legends and all!

Althought I despite 90% of the players on Legends, althought I actually hate the Legends server and would rather play Joust then play EQ on Legends, I would be the first person to defend it and it legemity, dont you even take into account that I might not be protecting them, I will with all my strenght, and this is an investment, as I will be trained, KS, crude and rude language a lot less, well worth investment! 

Do me a favor, when someone come back from Legends make a train rotation on their sorry **** unless they are very very kinds persons(which is usually not the case)!

- "Coercing? No no, I assure you, they are willing to bring my bags and pay public transportation just to help me, it is true!''

- "If I understand you well, you are telling me until next time. " - Ren

• OmolOmol Member Posts: 332

Tarew Marr is the arm pit of EQ. I know I came from that server.

All they really are doing is sucking more money out of the paying customer. Everything that came with Legends server should have been implemented on a regular server. They should never have released that server that way in my opinion.

----------------------------
    Omol da'Ox
    The Blooded

----------------------------
    Omol da'Ox

• ianubisiianubisi Member Posts: 4,201

I figured that must be the same Anofalye on Luclin!

You might remember me as Oniuan :)