Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SWG still good?

hey, i was kinda thining of playing swg again, cuz i heard they made a few changes and it looks really fun, so i was wondering if a few people who play it right now could give their input. I quit swg about 2 months after nge hit, and i tried a few other mmo's and i still had the most fun w/ swg. so ty very much

Comments

• SmurfMagicSmurfMagic Member Posts: 664

Originally posted by Chuckakong
    hey, i was kinda thining of playing swg again, cuz i heard they made a few changes and it looks really fun, so i was wondering if a few people who play it right now could give their input. I quit swg about 2 months after nge hit, and i tried a few other mmo's and i still had the most fun w/ swg. so ty very much

ok

• SpathotanSpathotan Member Posts: 3,928

Well I started messing with it a few days ago when I upgraded my EQ2 subscription to the Access Pass. I played from beta until the CU hit, then quit. I tried the NGE on test and 2 or 3 days on Live and I quit.

After playing it for the past few days I have to take back SOME of the negative things ive said. Combat isnt all that much different from Pre-cu once you setup the auto-fire, chase camera, strafing keys, and turn on "fire specials from toolbar" so you dont have to assign a special then use right click. Ive been playing an Officer and its preety decent, the suck-ass part is only BH and Jedi have the Specilization's right now.

Ive been playing on Shadowfire, my origional home, and its somewhat lively, espically in Mos Eisley infront of the starport, and inside and right outside the cantina. Went to Restuss earlier today, and I saw anywhere between 25-40 people running around. Ive checked the bazzar vendor search, whole galaxy. There appears to be every single craftable piece of armor and weapon on a vendor somewhere, one vendor on Dantooine had like 25 of each weapon, was like 35 pages or something.

"There's no star system Slave I can't reach, and there's no planet I can't find. There's nowhere in the Galaxy for you to run. Might as well give up now."
    — Boba Fett

• FreelancerA4FreelancerA4 Member Posts: 145

You know when you've got this thing going with a girl and, yeah, you've had a cool time but then she gets into club drugs and alcohol and gains a reputation as the village bycicle and you really do care about her but she's become overly shallow and completely out of whack emotionally and psychologically and you realize that its sometimes best if you let go and not let her drag you down with her? It's kinda like that.

• jrscottjrscott Member Posts: 1,252

Originally posted by Spathotan
    Ive checked the bazzar vendor search, whole galaxy. There appears to be every single craftable piece of armor and weapon on a vendor somewhere, one vendor on Dantooine had like 25 of each weapon, was like 35 pages or something.

To be expected on Shadowfire, it was always a crafter heavy server with a fabulous history of having numerous cities full of stocked vendors.  This would mean more to me if you said Ahazi or somewhere else.  Been on any other servers where this is true?  Just curious, not flaming.

I realize I said I quit. I never said it was forever :)

• ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261

Originally posted by jrscott

Ive checked the bazzar vendor search, whole galaxy. There appears to be every single craftable piece of armor and weapon on a vendor somewhere, one vendor on Dantooine had like 25 of each weapon, was like 35 pages or something.

To be expected on Shadowfire, it was always a crafter heavy server with a fabulous history of having numerous cities full of stocked vendors.  This would mean more to me if you said Ahazi or somewhere else.  Been on any other servers where this is true?  Just curious, not flaming.

It's true for Chilastra.

• BissrokBissrok Member Posts: 1,002
    The game sucks.

Sorry, I'm a little tired of ranting about this subject at the moment. See my other post for a more detailed description on what sucks and why:

Click Me

• BlazinBladesBlazinBlades Member Posts: 1,214

Originally posted by jrscott

I have a mate on Ahazi, he says it is more active then it has been. Bring it on down now.

Damn byotch dat aint no friggn moon fool, dat be a friggn space station byotch.

• ClackamasClackamas Member Posts: 776

Are you kidding?  Have you read the reviews?  The NGE gets like, 1.0 - 3.0 at best.
  • kavlikavli Member UncommonPosts: 82
    i hate it but still resubbing from time to time..cant relly live without it :(

image[/URL]

• BaronJuJuBaronJuJu Member UncommonPosts: 1,832

Best thing to do is sub for a month and give it a shot. You are going to get both ends of the spectrum here and very little middle goround. Jump on and see the changes and decide if it is good enough for you to continue paying for. You are your own best judge of things.

"If we don't attack them, they will attack us first. So we'd better retaliate before they have a chance to strike"

• CrueltylizerCrueltylizer Member UncommonPosts: 58

SWG is actually getting better and better with each of the new chapter updates.

I thought for sure that the game was dead and ready to be burried after the NGE, but suddenly they decided to implement some of the "features" from the past and completely new features, and now people are coming back.

The game has gotten more fun to play - The new expertise system is the way to step out of the crowd and personalize yourself (It works a lot like WoW) - Servers are becoming more populated - Graphics have been updated, so all models will eventuelly look a lot more realistic, though for now its only the Humans, Zabrak, and Twi'leks, but later on everybody will have new appereances which look great by the way - Smugglers can now be hunted down and killed by player Bounty Hunters.

And there is so much more coming in the next chapters which are getting published pretty quickly so if i where you i would go back and give the game a shot again. I just did and i am surprised.

And to those who Keep on complaining and writing unusefull comments like "The game sux" - Go find some place else to be a troll, because its getting so tiresom to read really and it doesn´t sound like you´ve even remotely touched the game in a long time.

SOE has admitted they have made mistakes and are now determined to correct them. Which they are doing. Maybe not in the greatest pace or maybe not they way you like it - But they are doing something about it!

• ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261
    I wouldn't say chapters are released pretty quickly :P  Although I don't know how the release time (month and a half in SWG) compares to other games out there...

• sleekjagsleekjag Member Posts: 21
    Been on test center checking out chapter 3.  I hate to say this but chapter 3 is the best publish by far in a long while.  Smuggler is looking awesome and smuggler's can also focus on melee which is cool been focusing on pike's my personal favorate type of melee weapon.  Player bases are being reactivated and the changes to radar and other ui stuff is nice.  Also heard officer expertise is nice but from what i know officer's enjoyed the class before and so just some additional love to them.  Haven't had a chance yet to try smuggler missions so won't comment on that and the new gcw stuff haven't done that yet either so can't comment on it as well.  Still though i think it's a solid publish.
  • CrueltylizerCrueltylizer Member UncommonPosts: 58
    Well considering the changes being made in each chapter, i would say its pretty quickly.. :)

But thats just me - But i think its equal to WoW!

Anyways at least something is being done to the game.. ;)

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

Good to hear this .If they can sort out the expertise system,fix more bugs and bring back crafting back to its glory days  i might actually give it a shot.

Tbh,if they can sort those things out it might be better then pre-CU even.At least one thing they did that i liked in nge was finally scale down the jedi .This is a mmorpg .In mmorpg the rule of balance says do not make superclasses .So took a while for SoE/LA to realise that.

• sleekjagsleekjag Member Posts: 21
    So true superclasses just make an elite group of people thinking they are better cause they have no life and can spend the time to make themselves elite. Although jedi doesn't really fit into the timeline.  But i'm not expert in smuggler but they look like a good class pvp wise and definatly good pve.  And i'm glad two more classes get expertise kind of water down the two class system that seems prevailent now.  I honestly can't wait for this to go live. But trader revamp is next and i have a trader maxed out on kettemoor so we'll see how they do with that.  Honestly for me the next chapter will be the one that decides the future of the game.
  • ShaydeShayde Member Posts: 4,529
    Nope

Shayde - SWG (dead)
    Proud member of the Cabal.

imageimage
    It sounds great, so great in fact, I pitty those who canceled :( - Some deluded SWG fanboi who pities me.
    I don't like it when you say things. - A Vanguard fan who does too.
    09f911029d74e35bd84156c5635688c0

• TrubadurenTrubaduren Member Posts: 575

I dont play anymore, i've seen the changes but i still dont like the game.

The howle swg concept isnt build to look like wow. And still they are trying to?

It just looks like shit, and It is Shit, It will alwyas be shit with the NGE.

SWG is shit.

for the 100 time i say this, Fuck swg.

Starwars Galaxies, An Empier Diveded, That's what it says on my box anyway.

• iskareotiskareot Member Posts: 2,143

Ask the company, the producers themselves what they think of the NGE.

Or just do some reading, or research.   You will find that answer from them...(Or what they think)