Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is it just me?

carpsycocarpsyco Member Posts: 95

Today when i was downloading the patch and starting the game. it was REALLY slow, its was at 15 kilobytes a second. Is it just my computer because every thiongs else loaded fast or the guild wars website?

cmc.mrx.ca/
Awesome Free Trading Card Game!

Comments

• hadzhadz Member Posts: 712

It's because everyone is using the download server at the same time, because the patch is brand-spanking and it's big. (I'd say this is all the Nightfall content going in)

• NFWolfDudeNFWolfDude Member Posts: 304

I didn't have any problems. The downloads went 150k to 250k for me and only took couple of minutes for the whole update.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    NFWolfDude

• BentBent Member CommonPosts: 581
    yeah depends on what time you tried... was fast this morning.

• NadrilNadril Member Posts: 1,276
    Nah it's just running slow.

Although, I was getting 5-10kbs on my connection the entire time. (i'm in a dorm so the download speed here sucks).

• BLaCKouTZzBLaCKouTZz Member Posts: 10
    lol ive just gotten the update and its was done, like always in less then 2-3mins  it just depends on the speed of ur connection and when u update, cuz when it's just out 'Please exit the game, there is a new build available'- autospam message you likely get a slower 'download' because everybody is getting it ;)

Then again im from Europe, and I hardly hear complains within my guild, friends group about slow speeds over here

• KorneliusKornelius Member Posts: 54

Originally posted by carpsyco
    Today when i was downloading the patch and starting the game. it was REALLY slow, its was at 15 kilobytes a second. Is it just my computer because every thiongs else loaded fast or the guild wars website?

It happened to me twice with a 2kbits/sec dl speed
    ::::04:: !
    lol

GW- Warrior lvl18 - Monk lvl4

• carpsycocarpsyco Member Posts: 95
    It takes such a long time to start playing is this supposed to happen(it toke me 5 minutes to get 1%!)?

cmc.mrx.ca/
    Awesome Free Trading Card Game!

• last_exilelast_exile Member Posts: 196
    Yea its ur connection speed mine took bout 30-45 not to bad but still :(