Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gamers and stereotypes

Anyone here the exact duplicate of the computer gamer stereotype? Fat, lazy, greasy hair, dirty clothes, and immature? I was talking to a few friends of mine and they all play mmoprgs like I do and none of us are like that. It's funny though how people are stereotypical about everything, being in highschool I experience this a lot. Doesn't really bother me, I just think its funny that people always put playing online games with being lazy, and overweight, and ugly, and has no life.

Just my input on things heh image

-http://www.aimoo.com/forum/freeboard.cfm?id=559646&NoCaches=Yes
^My board about my game idea...(updated)

Comments

• PlassonPlasson Member Posts: 79

Well.. almost :P

I'm Fat and lazy.. well not too fat.. Just got a few extra kg's. cause all I'm doing atm is sit around on my ass infront of the comp, as I'm waiting for a call about work..

Shower each day, so I wouldn't say I got greasy hair :) I do have certain clothes that I prefer to be in when just at home, and they don't get washed that often.. though I change If I'm going out somewhere(amongst people) No-one's calling me immature really.

• OmegaLetOmegaLet Member Posts: 588
    Well hey, i agree totally on the gotta be comfortable while being on the computer! most saturdays if I dont have my sports to go to, i just wake up and shower, or dont shower, but if i do shower i just leave my hair as it is so i look like i just woke up! lol but ya, like in school the other day i was talking to some people and they were like, you play games online? how come your not all fat and ugly looking? i was like wtf?! (i get mad at people sometimes...image) but ya im lazy like mad! but I'm in shape and stuff because I play basketball and soccer.

• FinweFinwe Member CommonPosts: 3,106
    I'm lazy, and i'm immature, but thats about it. Not really ugly, and definitely not fat, actually i'm trying to gain weight. Although actually I view the stereotype as stupid, lazy, skinny, greasy ol hair, dirty clothes, ugly, skinny. I mean when have computer geeks been fat? Pfeh! They are misinformed, skinny! Because we're too obsessed with games to eat!

"The greatest trick the devil played on humanity in the 20th century was convincing them that he didn't exist." (Paraphrasing) C.S. Lewis

"If a mother can kill her own child, what is left before I kill you and you kill me?" -Mother Teresa when talking about abortion after accepting the Nobel Peace Prize in 1979

ya true, well i guess where i live there are more fat gamers than skinny ones heh...but i know what ya mean

I bet peter jackson started the trend of geeky slobs being fat! CURSE HIM!

"The greatest trick the devil played on humanity in the 20th century was convincing them that he didn't exist." (Paraphrasing) C.S. Lewis

"If a mother can kill her own child, what is left before I kill you and you kill me?" -Mother Teresa when talking about abortion after accepting the Nobel Peace Prize in 1979

• SatansDiscipleSatansDisciple Member Posts: 2,782

well i prefer to call my hair "shimmering with beauty" ::::02::

seriously though. im fat, not as lazy as some people, i take walks and play sports/paintball everyday. my clothes are dirty... but thats just cuz im too lazy to wash them, heh. my hair is dandruff free thanks to head and shoulders *smile, holds bottle of h&s*. but i dont style it or anything. and then i wish i was less mature... i worry to much about things. the way i see it, if everyone in the world were immature wed be alot happier, more carefree.

--------------------------------------

Laziness is the only way to live life to the fullest i think! :) its so relaxing!! I've been known to be the laziest person around, i used to pay people to buy my lunch at school, when the line was only a few feet away from my table image its fun being immature sometimes though but i know when to be mature!

Styling? Wth? You are a chick right?

No, i know some guys that style their hair. I mainly just get outa the shower and either comb it down or use my hand and put it all down (and my hair is long) so i then use a towel and mess it all up then it looks good! imageimagehaha

• ianubisiianubisi Member Posts: 4,201

How about I suggest a novel idea:

Be who you are, and love who you are, whatever you are and however you are, regardless of what anyone else thinks about you.

Try that on for size. It may not fit, but it'll make you look damned good.

Ya I hate it when people go all psycho and change themselves because others don't like them like that, I could care less if someone doesnt like something i do or say or something of that sort! image

Originally posted by OmegaLet
    No, i know some guys that style their hair. I mainly just get outa the shower and either comb it down or use my hand and put it all down (and my hair is long) so i then use a towel and mess it all up then it looks good! imageimagehaha

Lemme guess, their role models are ryan seacrest? lol.

Hell ya! lol ryan is my idol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! jk

but some guys i guess just care about how they look, unlike most cool people! imageimageimage

Well see, the slobs are the ones that pick up the chicks, what chick really wants her boyfriend using her makeup? So the truth is, its cool to be nerdy! Booya! Now I just got to find some girl that actually thinks that...