Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Soloing

I love to grouping don't get me wrong, though now and then I have come to understand for me I that I like to solo, sometimes I can not find a group or something or other. I was wondering how bad is soloing in this game?

Comments

• Sidius604Sidius604 Member Posts: 7
    Soloing in FFXI is possible for some jobs and impossible for others ... it depends on patience, strategy (ie: subjobs and mobs you fight) and how much gil you have to use on items etc. if you wanna solo in FFXI then lvl SMN, BST or PUP .. or have fun with quite an impossible grind

-------------------------------------------------

Final Fantasy XI Bio:
    Server: Pandemonium
    Character name: Sidius
    Main Jobs/lvl: 64 RNG, 61 RDM, 58 SMN, 39 THF

SMN = Summoner

BST = Beastmaster

PUP = Puppetmaster

Jobs that have pets so they can tank for you is the rough idea.

Final Fantasy XI Bio:

• cush2187cush2187 Member Posts: 5
    Still very hard to solo even with the pets.  I'd say after lvl 20 soloing is almost near impossible and not really efficient.  You could fight a mob for 5-10 minutes and almost die in the process and only get like 25 xp out of it.  I like grouping though its fun to fight mobs together :)

Soloing actually gets better as you get higher. My 58SMN/29WHM solos quite well with the right gear and I have seen people pull in 7k per hour exp doing it. It just depends on whether you wanna take the time to learn what mobs to fight and why.

Example - Fighting bomb mobs or doll mobs solo is great because they self destruct and you get full exp while your pet takes a major hit or dies. If you fight IT++ mobs you get the same exp as if you were in a pt.

I have to agree though I enjoy a good pt because it feels good when the party make up is good and everyone does their jobs right.

Final Fantasy XI Bio:

• MilkdudMilkdud Member UncommonPosts: 10
    It's not worth it to solo in FFXI. And you'll be lucky to get a group.

Originally posted by Milkdud

I'd have to say that you either know nothing about it or are just bitter about the game. Soloing exp can be as good as a good party if you read up on how to do it correctly. I have seen and can post screenshots of a BST friend that was getting chain 5 as lvl 74 solo.

Final Fantasy XI Bio:

• NinixNinix Member Posts: 190

mhmmm.... si this game worth paying for? or is it an uber grind feast? i dunno wich ever i should by the game... ur not? or if i should start wow'ing again.... dunno.. is this game good?

• VoodudeVoodude Member Posts: 98

Amen to this. What you guys seems to forget is that you have to somehow grind to 30 before you can Possibly get to these easy soloing classes. I signed up for FFXi 2 months ago and recently canceled my ID's I could NOT find a group, I could not start a group and I got fed up with trying to solo my Redmage or my warrior. FFXI=BYOG (bring your own group/guild)
  • yomomma233yomomma233 Member Posts: 32

Originally posted by Voodude

Amen to this. What you guys seems to forget is that you have to somehow grind to 30 before you can Possibly get to these easy soloing classes. I signed up for FFXi 2 months ago and recently canceled my ID's I could NOT find a group, I could not start a group and I got fed up with trying to solo my Redmage or my warrior. FFXI=BYOG (bring your own group/guild)

This is because you are probably a noob 2 months and no party? thats bull shit {Turn your party flag on} or turn off /anon or even dont go war/whm and expect a party  -_-

About solo Nin is another job that can kick ass solo and beast is the king of solo, getting to 30 can be hard but after that you shoot up especially on bombs in garlige which blow up easy and give you 250 exp a pop :P

• sly220sly220 Member UncommonPosts: 606

Originally posted by Ninix

mhmmm.... si this game worth paying for? or is it an uber grind feast? i dunno wich ever i should by the game... ur not? or if i should start wow'ing again.... dunno.. is this game good?

i played this game for years and its just a grind feast if you can get a group which usually u just sit around for hrs n hrs waiting for a group.... unless you can get with a japanese group in the morning they will take most anyone seeing how they dont really need you just an extra dmg dealer there bad ass at this game... americans we sux at it  there is almost NO SOLO content so you wait and wait for groups thats the game

Originally posted by yomomma233

This is because you are probably a noob 2 months and no party? thats bull shit {Turn your party flag on} or turn off /anon or even dont go war/whm and expect a party  -_-

About solo Nin is another job that can kick ass solo and beast is the king of solo, getting to 30 can be hard but after that you shoot up especially on bombs in garlige which blow up easy and give you 250 exp a pop :P

Of course i was a Noob to FFXI but I had LFP up constantly thank you. I even turned on autogroup in my more desperate hours. I managed to get 3 characters to around lvl16 soloing before I gave up.Believe me or not its true. As Ive stated before It could have been just my server (Bahamut). I dont care anymore.
  • Little-NemoLittle-Nemo Member Posts: 110
    I think i will be skipping this game. Though I like to group and its part of why I play a MMO finding a group seems to be a bit of a pain from what I understand. I am not going to knock the game it seems like a great game, just not my game.
  • EffectEffect Member UncommonPosts: 949

Exactly. It isn't a bitter thing it's just a fact about the game. Those jobs (classes) that can solo are advance classes you and need to level the basic classes in order to reach the point to do the quest for the advance classes which in themselves aren't easy to do without other players helping you. Grouping is a gamble no matter how you look at it I feel an the times I've tried the game again it's always the same. The grind is intense, the wait time for a group unless you are playing with real people you know and plan to stay around the level is horrible. Pick up groups are a risk that just aren't worth it. You don't only have to deal with bad players but also there is the language barrier to deal with. While you have macro commands that translate things from english to japanese for players a LOT of people don't use it and it's a pain to even use due to the horrible user interface. So you get situations where players don't communicate because they actually can't. Or you are exluded from games because of the language barrier. That makes sense and I can't fault peopel for that. Who wants the frustration of trying to figure out how to talk to someone when you should be able to from the get go, especailly if you are paying money to play the game you already bought.

What FFXI has is the name Final Fantasy and some of it's elements as it's drawn. So many other MMORPGs are far more polished and sensible in their design. FFXI is frustrating when it doesn't need to be and but it was done this way on purpose for some reason. Some love the game and more power to them but I think a person should go into this game with both eyes wide open and fully understand just what type of game it is and how it's designed.

It's just annoying and no fair at all to people who ask questions only to be given certain answers giving a false sense of hope. The soloing question for example. I've seen these classes given as answers in several places but the person answering never seems to admit these are advance classes and or mention all the trouble one has to go through them to get them.

Originally posted by yomomma233

another reason to not play FFXi..to avoid people like yomomma233.
  • TelakiTelaki Member Posts: 361

another reason to not play FFXi..to avoid people like yomomma233.

Its more of a reason why you don't go to a third rate form for information, You meet People like Voodude who quit after the first month, and will always point out every defect even if they're not entirelly true.

Originally posted by Telaki
    Its more of a reason why you don't go to a third rate form for information, You meet People like Voodude who quit after the first month, and will always point out every defect even if they're not entirelly true.

What defect have I pointed out that isnt true? And I player 2 months before i quit and every post I have made about my FFXi experience has been true. Of course there is no way I can prove that to you but that doesnt matter These are my opinions and Im just as intitled to mine as you are yours.

Calling people noobs and telling them they must suck is this the "great community" spoken of by you Telaki?

What defect have I pointed out that isnt true? And I player 2 months before i quit and every post I have made about my FFXi experience has been true. Of course there is no way I can prove that to you but that doesnt matter These are my opinions and Im just as intitled to mine as you are yours.
    Calling people noobs and telling them they must suck is this the "great community" spoken of by you Telaki?

Did you miss the part where I mentioned "Third rate forum?" If you're looking for accurate information You wouldn't come to MMORPG.com. And those who do, meet people like yourself and everyone else Who are just here to flame the game. Everytime somone new comes to make a first post about this game, theres always a few people who give over exaggerated information. LIke the "I played 2 months and only got to lvl 9" guy or "I spend 5 hours a day sitting In Selbina waiting for a party and don't get anything" guy. (While, in odd cases that can happen, Its usually due to the timezone, and you should NEVER sit on your ass and do nothing).

And lastly, this forum is in no way an accurate example of the game community. And I can say that, on my prespective, on diabolos. On my newbie prespective from the 3 Diffrent characters I have lvled 50+. There will always be asshats, the game has enough of them. But even of them they enjoy the game, They're still playing it.

It sickens me to see how many of you bash the game, to the state where you exaggerate. And turn people away who may have liked the game. FFXI isn't dying, but is on a steady decline of new players. From people such as yourself turning new players away.

Did you miss the part where I mentioned "Third rate forum?" If you're looking for accurate information You wouldn't come to MMORPG.com. And those who do, meet people like yourself and everyone else Who are just here to flame the game. Everytime somone new comes to make a first post about this game, theres always a few people who give over exaggerated information. LIke the "I played 2 months and only got to lvl 9" guy or "I spend 5 hours a day sitting In Selbina waiting for a party and don't get anything" guy. (While, in odd cases that can happen, Its usually due to the timezone, and you should NEVER sit on your ass and do nothing).

And lastly, this forum is in no way an accurate example of the game community. And I can say that, on my prespective, on diabolos. On my newbie prespective from the 3 Diffrent characters I have lvled 50+. There will always be asshats, the game has enough of them. But even of them they enjoy the game, They're still playing it.

It sickens me to see how many of you bash the game, to the state where you exaggerate. And turn people away who may have liked the game. FFXI isn't dying, but is on a steady decline of new players. From people such as yourself turning new players away.

You are just full of it. I havent exaggertaed one bit and the games decline just proves it. If you had bothered to read my posts Ive stated many times that I like FFXI . Ill say again I played for 2 months had 3 characters 16 Warrior, 13 blackmage and a 15 redmage The first thing I did everytimes I logged on was turn on LFP, and in those 2 months I NEVER got a group not once. Everytime I tried to start a party anyone i found LFP would refuse to join If i didnt have a healer or a tank in group already. I cant prove my all this to you but you cant disprove it either. oh, and YOU suck!

You are just full of it. I havent exaggertaed one bit and the games decline just proves it. If you had bothered to read my posts Ive stated many times that I like FFXI . Ill say again I played for 2 months had 3 characters 16 Warrior, 13 blackmage and a 15 redmage The first thing I did everytimes I logged on was turn on LFP, and in those 2 months I NEVER got a group not once. Everytime I tried to start a party anyone i found LFP would refuse to join If i didnt have a healer or a tank in group already. I cant prove my all this to you but you cant disprove it either. oh, and YOU suck!

I guess I should've clearified, I didn't mean you as a person, I ment you as a group. Voodude, Your flames have been pretty mild, and you've been actually been helpful to some. You(Voodude) are not the troll(s) I was refering to.
  • MilkdudMilkdud Member UncommonPosts: 10

Originally posted by Sidius604

I'd have to say that you either know nothing about it or are just bitter about the game. Soloing exp can be as good as a good party if you read up on how to do it correctly. I have seen and can post screenshots of a BST friend that was getting chain 5 as lvl 74 solo.

I have 75 war, 73 SAM, and 67 nin all melee subs lvled. I have friends who are 70+ smn and bst, I see them chain 5, I know they can solo. It's just still slow paced. bst are better off subbing nin and meriting in the whitegate zones.
  • JadierJadier Member Posts: 15

I would say most jobs can solo, to a degree, it takes a lot of skill tho.. WHM, MNK, THF, RDM.. I've done it at times.. just kill easy mobs as fast as you can.. its great for your skills.

Some of the best times I had in the game was leveling BST solo.. why?
    You don't need to wait for a group. You don't need to worry about gear.
    You just go out and kill. The beginning monsters are boring but that
    changes.

I actually Duo'ed as a THF with a BLU the other day.. yeaaah weird I
    know. He asked me and I was thinking "Oh shit.. this will never work out.. but wtf I'm bored.. ok." Worked out fantastic, we were doing chain 4 on IT's. Sometimes
    you need to get away from the norm and experiment there are several
    ways to exp that don't involve parties.

I like the Milkdud guy. Hes so impatient and rude hes probably on everyone blacklist.