Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Next UO Expansion Officially Announced!

BigTBigT Member UncommonPosts: 51
Press Release / Source: Electronic Arts
Electronic Arts Announces Development of Next Ultima Online Expansion Pack
Wednesday February 25, 8:08 pm ET

REDWOOD CITY, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Feb. 25, 2004--Electronic Arts (Nasdaq:ERTS - News), the world's leading interactive entertainment software company, today announced the development of the next expansion pack for the massively multiplayer online game, Ultima Online(TM) (UO). Expanding the world and advancing the franchise, the new title will give consumers considerable player vs. player capabilities, two additional professions and a vast new land to explore. The UO expansion pack is scheduled for release in Fall 2004. The game name has not been announced.

"We are constantly improving Ultima Online by paying attention to our players' wishes," said Anthony Castoro, Producer of UO Live. "Feedback from our large international player base helped us determine priorities for this expansion, including new world content and a unified player vs. player system."

Exploring a mysterious Asian environment, players can strive to master two new professions; one focusing on physical combat abilities, and the other on magical combat and stealth. In addition, players will have new house customization themes and decorations to use in designing and building homes from scratch or modifying their existing homes.

UO continues to be a leader in the online gaming space with 225,000 subscribers. The game is available in six languages and is played in over 100 countries located in every time zone.

In addition to development on UO, the team continues to develop Ultima X: Odyssey(TM) (UXO), a brand new next-generation massively multi-player online role-playing game (MMORPG). The game, scheduled to ship later this year, promises to take online adventuring to a whole new level.

Comments

• MurralsMurrals Member Posts: 3
    UO turned into a big pos after EA took over the game completely. I miss old UO. It was fine the way it was. EA is crap and I suggest never to buy EA funded games.

If every fool wore a crown we would all be kings.

If every fool wore a crown we would all be kings.

• Regal_TRRegal_TR Member Posts: 249
    sorry but if I didnt play EA funded games I wouldnt be able to play Battlefield, Nba live 2004, nor madden 2004, screw ur hate..

• CattBoyCattBoy Member UncommonPosts: 44
    the only way i would consider playing this game was if they changed it back to prior UO renassiance days ... the good times :)

Owned IRL!
    Lineage 2 is the gay!

-the one and only-

DarkFall Videos
    http://www.youtube.com/cattboy

• ianubisiianubisi Member Posts: 4,201

Originally posted by Murrals
    UO turned into a big pos after EA took over the game completely. I miss old UO. It was fine the way it was. EA is crap and I suggest never to buy EA funded games.

I'm guessing you're upset about the Renaissance expansion?

You do realize that that expansion was done by Origin, right?