Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is SWG really dead?

2»

Comments

• jayheld90jayheld90 Member UncommonPosts: 1,726
    its a dead horse, kick a few more times while its dead.

• KerbouchardKerbouchard Member Posts: 106
    SOE - Yes Bobby, i had to shoot her.

VETS - Why Soe??

SOE - lassie(SWG) was a good dog, but she got rabbies

VETS - no she didn't

SOE - shhhhh.

• ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261

Originally posted by dgenem

Originally posted by Obraik
    The game isn't dead or dying
        This is the deadest I've ever seen it yet. Last two days on Ahazi have been so quiet, I've hardly seen anybody. Very little activity even in the hotspots.

I'm not trying to slander the NGE or take sides or anything. But the number of players online has got to be at it's lowest around now. I've been around since vehicles were first introduced. Back in those days, there were more people in a single cantina or starport than there is the entire server now during peak hours. This game isn't in good shape right now.

I can only speak for Chilastra, but I've been noticing the opposite :/  Hell, even Coronet had a truncated /who list the other night

• dgenemdgenem Member Posts: 47

This is the deadest I've ever seen it yet. Last two days on Ahazi have been so quiet, I've hardly seen anybody. Very little activity even in the hotspots.

I'm not trying to slander the NGE or take sides or anything. But the number of players online has got to be at it's lowest around now. I've been around since vehicles were first introduced. Back in those days, there were more people in a single cantina or starport than there is the entire server now during peak hours. This game isn't in good shape right now.

I can only speak for Chilastra, but I've been noticing the opposite :/  Hell, even Coronet had a truncated /who list the other night

Lol, I am calling you on this one. I am creating a toon on that server and I want to see it. I still have screenshots of pre-cu with close to a hundred players in one spot. If you can find a spot with two dozen players at the same time, I will be impressed. Because I tried that on Ahazi and Bria, no such luck.
  • ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261

Lol, I am calling you on this one. I am creating a toon on that server and I want to see it. I still have screenshots of pre-cu with close to a hundred players in one spot. If you can find a spot with two dozen players at the same time, I will be impressed. Because I tried that on Ahazi and Bria, no such luck.

If you're expecting to find Pre-cu type gatherings of people then you will be dissapointed.  It's been probably 2 years since such scenes could be seen.

• ShaydeShayde Member Posts: 4,529
    Yep

Shayde - SWG (dead)
    Proud member of the Cabal.

imageimage
    It sounds great, so great in fact, I pitty those who canceled :( - Some deluded SWG fanboi who pities me.
    I don't like it when you say things. - A Vanguard fan who does too.
    09f911029d74e35bd84156c5635688c0

• dgenemdgenem Member Posts: 47
      Then the game is still in a dying state. If it builds the numbers back up, then it can be considered alive. The NGE isn't the only thing killing it, lack of players are doing it too.

• drewdowndrewdown Member UncommonPosts: 65

Then the game is still in a dying state. If it builds the numbers back up, then it can be considered alive. The NGE isn't the only thing killing it, lack of players are doing it too.

I see a snake trying to eat it's tail........ 
  • ClackamasClackamas Member Posts: 776

If you're expecting to find Pre-cu type gatherings of people then you will be dissapointed.  It's been probably 2 years since such scenes could be seen.

And no significant player base has come and replace them.  The NGE is a failure.
  • ClackamasClackamas Member Posts: 776
    SWG:NGE is like a corpse in a Louisiana swamp: it ain't gone, but it is decaying rot.
  • CelestianCelestian Member UncommonPosts: 1,136

Originally posted by Wildcat84

Now we know who you are.

And I think I just found you!

Sorry couldn't resist.

Cheers!

• airborne519airborne519 Member Posts: 542

Originally posted by Wildcat84

Now we know who you are.

LMAO! now that was one of the funniest posts I've seen! 

And to answer the question... yes, it's very much dead.  Like you I wanted to see for myself.. what a mistake that was... save your money... unless you enjoy playing with the fanbois.