Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Good interesting Anime

SerienSerien Member CommonPosts: 8,460

Evangelion was awesome...

i can't find another good one...

suggestions?

Comments

• RasukeRasuke Member Posts: 362
    I'd reccomend Blue Seed... I think it's something you'd like.  Oh but if you looking for length then go with Yu Yu Hakusho... if I'm not mistaken it has 220+ episodes... I remember the 6 case DvD set with 2 dvds to a case... and if I'm not mistaken there was 19 or 20 episodes to each one... anyway yeah, those two are good.

-------------------------------------------
    I'm back I think... get over it.

-------------------------------------------
    image image image

• MalkavianMalkavian Member UncommonPosts: 2,995

My votes with Murt image

Evangelion is the best Anime Series IMO to date.

I hate Pokemon image

- Malkavian image

"When you find yourself falling into madness... Dive." - Malkavian Proverb

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

"When you find yourself sinking into Madness, dive"

• thunderathundera Member Posts: 16

If your ok with subtitles then Nuruto is the best anime i have ever seen.

"In a concealed village, a young man hides within a bunch of leaves. His name is Uzumaki Naruto, a mischievous boy attending Ninja Academy.

Everyday, he does nothing but cause mischief and making Iruka-sensei mad. And above all, it's doubtful that he'll be able to graduate from the Academy. But Naruto has a dream... A dream that he'll become the head of the Ninja village, following Hokage and will become the best ninja around.

However, all the adults in the village give Naruto cold looks. The truth is, Naruto has a secret about his birth. 12 years ago, "Kyuubi no Youko" (Nine Tailed Fox - A kind of evil spirit who tormented the village, was sealed within Naruto's body who was, at the time, a baby. The head of the academy, Mizuki, uses Naruto to steal the "Fuujin Scrolls" and makes Naruto understand his past. Naruto is outraged.

Even with Iruka's help, Naruto just barely defeats Mizuki. Knowing Naruto's secret, Iruka knows Naruto will meet someone who'll help him and so, makes a decision. Naruto is allowed to graduate safely from Ninja Academy. Along with his classmates, Uchiwa Sasuke and Haruno Sakura together, they make their first step as Ninjas!"

Its not kids anime or anything like it might sound, it gets into some deep stuff. if your still interested you can get fansubs at http://www.animesuki.com  under series>nuruto  new fansubs are released every week a few days after it airs in japan.

• SerienSerien Member CommonPosts: 8,460

i hate dubbed animes

thanks guys!

• MrViceMrVice Member Posts: 197

The increddably iresponsiable captian tylor

The Slayer, Slayer Next, and Slayer Try (Don't bother with the movies they suck)

Boogie Pop Phantom

Please Save My Earth - (if you don't mind Shojo)

Tweleve Kingdoms

Last Exile (Oh my good is it good)

Hellsing

Cowboy Beebop- watch it in japanise if you've seen it in english it's a lot better that way.

Wings of Honyomese

Gaseraki

Nadesco

Wolf's Reing

Ok that ought to keep you busy for a while if you have any questions about any of these serries feel free to ask.

• SatansDiscipleSatansDisciple Member Posts: 2,782

the only anime ive watched all the way through is cowboy bebop, and its likely one of my favorite shows even out of real acotr shows. its just so stylish. its funny, dramatic, epic at times. just purely enjoyable. the movie is pretty damn kool too. princess mononoke was awesome as well, and thats the end of my anime knowledge.

--------------------------------------

where do you guys get your anime?

imesh isn't taht full of it

can't find ANY on imesh!

help!

• thunderathundera Member Posts: 16
    i get mine from animesuki.com

• GundamitGundamit Member Posts: 268

Hummmmm....lets see.

The Tweleve Kingdoms

Berserk

.Hack

S-CRY-ed

Chobits

Please! Teacher

Ai Yori Aoshi

Blue Gender

Record of Lodoss War

X

Armitage

Dual!

Tenchi Muyo

Ranma 1/2

Perfect Blue

Excel Saga

I'm I getting drunk?! Roll the dice to see if I'm getting drunk!
    Computer Specs:
    AMD Athlon 2200+ XP
    Asylum GeForce FX 5200 256MB
    1024MB SDRam
    Sound Blasters Audigy

wow thanks guys...

these are the current ones i have seen, from best to least liked

1. Evangelion
    2. .hack//sign
    3. Trigun
    4. Cowboy Beebop
    5. FLCL
    6. .hack//dusk

needa watch more!

• anti^socialanti^social Member Posts: 25
    the only anime i know something about is cowboy bebop. great show, got a lotta style. I havnt seen all the episodes yet though. They are currently shipping me the 5th DVD right now. image
  • GuurkGuurk Member Posts: 14

Check out Berserk or X-TV :)

http://animenewsnetwork.com  has alot of DVD reviews for a good source

• DekronDekron Member UncommonPosts: 7,359

you just looking for series or movies too?

Couple movies I like - Vampire Hunter X and Ghost in the Shell

--------------------------------------------

33.333333333333336% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?

• anti^socialanti^social Member Posts: 25
    whers a good place to download evangelion?
    i got all mien from imesh

kk im downloading Berserk right now

all 26 of emimage

sounds pretty good

• MistiMisti Member Posts: 724

I have seen so many I wouldnt even want to list them here, but these are some of my favorites.  Dual! Parallel

Witch Hunter Robin

Please Teacher

Vandread

Rahxephon

Chobits

Steel Angel Kurumi

12 kingdoms

Figure 17

Full Metal Panic

There are so many different types of anime that its hard to pick out certain titles without knowing what types of stories your interested in.  There are romances, robot action things, gritty shows, magic, fantasy, even horror.

As for where to get it that depends on if your looking for it for free or buying dvd versions.  I buy most of my anime on dvd through www.animenation.com.  Even if you arent looking to buy you can browse their video library which shows covers with descriptions of the shows and has hundreds of titles.

• SilveroSilvero Member Posts: 10

[quote]Originally posted by dekron
    [b]you just looking for series or movies too?
    Couple movies I like - Vampire Hunter X and Ghost in the Shell[/quote]

Ghost in the shell is a classic that everyone heard about, even those who don't even usually watch anime.

Sure Cowboy Bebop is good, but it feels a little bit of old fashion these days (not that series with not so good animation/graphics are less good, it's just a bit old-fashinoned, that's all what I'm saying). Hellsing is also good, but the anime don't really follow through the whole show, it loses some of it's grip in the later episodes.

If you liked Full Metal Panic - then check out the more comic version of it: FMP Fumoffu.

Other great animes are Grappler Baki and Hajime No Ippo - both has main focus on fighting.

Great Teacher Onizuka works pretty good also, check it out now you little hentai-wannabe-lover ::::34::

Finally one anime movie tip - Porco Rosso (nice looking, impressive, good-story...yeah what else is there to say)

pai check, dude

• ArcasArcas Member Posts: 15

Guess I'll jump in this too.

On some of the ones mentioned before:

Great Teacher Onizuka - great choice.
    Chobits - (also see Love Hina... which is pretty much the same story)
    Ai Yori Aoshi - if you liked Chobits or Love Hina, jump aboard
    Record of Lodoss War - One of the series that got me into anime. They showed the first episode on the Sci-Fi channel years ago when they had "anime week" every year and I was hooked.
    Ghost in the Shell - if you liked it, definately check out the Stand Alone Complex series. They had a movie-like production effort for each episode and it shows.
    Princess Mononoke - If you watch nothing else....

Some others:

Naruto / One Piece: I put these two in the same category since theyre very similar. Naruto has been covered. One Piece is about a band of pirates trying to find a secret treasure. They go around doing "good pirate" stuff and repeatly have epic battles with the circus-freak evil pirate of the week. Both series have a main character trying to obtain some ambitious dream (that people tell them constantly is impossible). And both harp on just about every anime cliche you can imagine. The main problem with both of these series is their popularity (and odd thing to say). They both make so much money that the authors really have no need to end them anytime soon. Naruto is almost to its 72cd episode and the manga (right now) is probably 40-50 more episodes ahead. One Piece has been out even longer and has episodes in the 140s, the manga is way way ahead of this... both series don't look to end anytime soon. Both these series are really entertaining (hence their popularity), but if you only like series that end in 20-30 episodes or hate series that unnecessarily dragggggggggg the story out.... then stay far away from these two.

Prince of Tennis: Another really popular series, and another one that drags. It's past the 100 mark in episodes. I stick with it because I like tennis ::::09::. It started off strong for the first 30-40 episodes, but then the quality of the series starts to go down for a number of reasons.

Hikaru no Go: My favorite anime series, which is odd for me because in its 75 episodes, there isn't a single explosion, and no one dies a violent death (I tend to like epic battle anime). On top of that, the entire series centers around a board game (Go). At first I was taken in with "Hey, they actually made a show about a board game exciting." But the series just goes beyond a lot of others in a lot of ways. If you're at all interested, check it out.

Full Metal Alchemist: A fairly recent series about a teenager's quest to find secret alchemy techniques to replace his arm and leg (where he has robotic limbs now).... and the battles he fights with his magic/alchemy.

Chrono Crusade: Another really recent series best summed up with the phrase.... nuns with guns. For more gore/action see Hellsing/Vampire Hunter D. This is more of a Hellsing meets Slayers.

Iria: Zeiram the Animation: Six episodes, all outstanding (another one I first saw on the Sci Fi channel).

Battle Angel Alita: If for no other reason, check it out because it's being made into a live action movie directed by James Cameron (release date probably summer 2006).

Then of course there's the Gundams/Macross, Dragonball Zs, Akira, and Ninja Scroll that most people have seen.

You should really like Berserk. Most people have some issues with the end of episode 25 though. I don't want to spoil it, but right after you finish 25 go back and watch episode 1 again and things should make a bit more sense. ::::02::

-Arcas

My thoughts on MMORPG design:
    http://www.dragonfond.com/

-Arcas

My thoughts on MMORPG design:
    http://mmo-arcas.blogspot.com/

lol thanks a lot guys

lemme narrow down what i am looking for

action/fantasy

action

fantasy

lol

let's see what we get now...

• Hellsing
    .hack//sign
    FLCL

seen em all and a bit of hellsing...

didn't like hellsing though..

• ElliotElliot Member CommonPosts: 49

1. NARUTO

2. FMA(full metal alchemist)

these two r great anime's, although both r subtitled.  i dont mind subtitles myself but if u do keep away.

thaliadaniels
  • DashDash Member Posts: 25
    There are tons of good anime out there. Myself i have around 50 finsihed series. Evagalion is one of the best i agree. But i strongly recomend. ""Saishuuheiki Kanojo" This supasses Evagalion by being much more emotionally sturing and having really intense moments. It Gets so intense that at the end of episode 10 there is a warning that if you keep watching that its gonna be very intense from there on out. If you like evagalion youll love this.

Dash The Ryu

Dash The Ryu