Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Aion PvP Video

Dudeman7475Dudeman7475 Member Posts: 78

I found this video on a korean website....there servers were unrealalistly SLOW. it took me about 2 hours to download this video from the site and then it took another 30min to upload it. So i hope you all enjoy this video since i know i put my time in, in getting it so that we can all enjoy it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eutI4dSRLCM

Tell me what u think.

Comments

• Vertex1980Vertex1980 Member Posts: 951

Looks boreing.  Especially the first fight where all that mage did was run, root, run, root, run, root,...

Talk about boreing.

• atlaznboiatlaznboi Member Posts: 100
    well i thought it was pretty koo. at the 5:05 that odd looking char must be a demon race. and its koo how u can see the chars movement in the character window.
  • DisturbingDisturbing Member Posts: 25

Very good video, Yes you can see the mage hit root hit root, but its all about strategy.  Later in the video (If you watched it) The same mage and warrior go at it and all it took was a three hit combo to take him down.  That mage better hit root hit root and not mess up one but or he'd be dead.

VERY Good video because it introduces a lot of concepts in the game if you looked deep into it.

1. Notice how when you die it zooms into your character and when your nocked down to the ground u can't see your character.

2.  When the archer was shooting he was actually running at the same time!  Very realistic, hopefully effecting accuracy.  But when he uses skills he was standing still.

3.  In the pvp video, not sure if its just a test  portion, but you can see the health of your opponent.

Great contributation, Thanks!

~DisTurBinG

• albinofreakalbinofreak Member Posts: 449

The things I liked:

• The look of those demon things, or what I assume are demons.
    • The huuuuge leaps the characters were making.
    • The melee combat looked sweet, especially the dude with two swords.
    • The area looked lovely.
    • Those scorpions looked pretty fine.
    • The pace of it.

Things I didnt like:

• The animations on the mage's spells. They look cool at first, but I get they get annoying quickly.
    • The run/root/shoot/root/shoot/run looks semi-lame
    • Would've been nice if there were more characters fighting one another. I think 2v2 (I think it was 2 on 2 at least... could be wrong) isnt alot to judge anything yet.

Anyway, overall I thought it looked sweet especially since it just got announced. I cant wait for them to flesh it out some more and then I can wait to get my hands on it.

EDIT: Oh, and thanks for uploading that. I hope it was worth all that effort for you.

• tvalentinetvalentine Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,216
    SLOOWWWWW is all i can say, i've seen faster PvP in SWG (Pre-CU) and the old UO. and just about every other game ive played ...... Hell L2 was faster.

Playing: EVE Online
    Favorite MMOs: WoW, SWG Pre-cu, Lineage 2, UO, EQ, EVE online
    Looking forward to: Archeage, Kingdom Under Fire 2
    KUF2's Official Website - http://www.kufii.com/ENG/ -

• VEG5000VEG5000 Member Posts: 45

I realy dont mind slow PVP it gives the people more time to react to what you would like to do instead of getting reamed by someone and no time to see if you can do anything. I like PVP if its done right if not then it basically ruines the game in my opinon .. I never like playing an MMO with out PVP thats a waste as well hehe

• EaldormanEaldorman Member Posts: 67

Originally posted by tvalentine
    SLOOWWWWW is all i can say, i've seen faster PvP in SWG (Pre-CU) and the old UO. and just about every other game ive played ...... Hell L2 was faster.

Since the game isnt due for another 6 months, im guessing things will improve.

to Op:

It looks promising.

----------------------------------------

If you dont understand what i write, ask a damn question instead of going into autoflaming-mode.
    And dont read in stuff between the lines, i say what i mean.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002

I really liked this.. thank you for your effort.

I prefer the slower pvp because it allows for the players to use more choices. Not just some knee jerk reactions where you hope you 2 shot your opponent before they 2 shot you.

I just hope that battles get larger. I really love the L2 Sieges and would love to have something similiar here.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • Synyster777Synyster777 Member Posts: 301

Originally posted by Vertex1980

Looks boreing.  Especially the first fight where all that mage did was run, root, run, root, run, root,...
    Talk about boreing.

vertex vertex vertex I noticed you harshly payed out someones spelling in a thread I was reading not too long ago yet you can't even spell the word boring?!?!?! here's a nice quote from you ** I think it reflects their intelligence.  Or he's super lazy.  Plus his music of choice sucks, and he's probably emo too. ** Have fun 

Lend a hand and break the chains of regularity you lean so closely upon

• lol2dinfamoulol2dinfamou Member UncommonPosts: 4

Originally posted by Disturbing
    3.  In the pvp video, not sure if its just a test  portion, but you can see the health of your opponent.

in lineage 2 you could see your opponents health bar just not the numbers so i dont know how thier going to do it in this but we'll find out sooner or later.

the pvp looked kinda slow but fun. the skills they were using looked awsome. the archer and the dual swords looked crazy. the graphics were nice and clean.
  • IdesofMarchIdesofMarch Member Posts: 1,164

Talk about boreing.

And lemme guess, Age of Conan is the greatest game ever and is the most exciting thing since sliced bread.

As for the video, I liked what I saw for the most part. I do gotta say that the mage characters seemed rather lame, but I'm hoping that is the fault of the player behind the avatar and not the game's doing. But everything else in the video (the melee stuff especially) looked promising as others have said.

• AseenusAseenus Member UncommonPosts: 1,844
    nice man thanx for that

• SvytlanaSvytlana Member Posts: 2
    Originally posted by tvalentine

So a three hit combo isn't fast pace enough pvp?  What would be preferable?  You could always go play diablo2, where one hit kills anything and the first player to get a hit in wins.  Honestly the only thing that seemed a little slow was the wait time on melee attacks, and even then it was only for the two hand wielding character.

One thing that did seem strange to me was the near instantaneous resurection.  Two players killed one of the other team, and couldnt get down the second member before the first one was standing again.  Is this another korean titles that boasts free play yet allows $ to be spent on overpowered items such as instant ressurection elixirs and infinite full health potions?

Originally posted by Svytlana

One thing that did seem strange to me was the near instantaneous resurection.  Two players killed one of the other team, and couldnt get down the second member before the first one was standing again.  Is this another korean titles that boasts free play yet allows $ to be spent on overpowered items such as instant ressurection elixirs and infinite full health potions?

It's a Korean title, but this is being published by NCSoft who brought us another Korean port in Lineage 2. I'm farily certain you'll see the same payment method with Aion as you have with that. $50 for the game and then a monthly fee or gamecards.

• vagos12vagos12 Member Posts: 8
    It's slow and pathetic. If you want PvP action I think you need  to visit AoC site...

Originally posted by vagos12
    It's slow and pathetic. If you want PvP action I think you need  to visit AoC site...

Speaking of Age of Conan, I've heard that PvP in that game is going to be pretty carebear. Have fun with that.

• LaunvatarLaunvatar Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 127
    dude GRAPHICS ROCKS!

ROTFLTHTSASTCMMMWIATIHEPMASCTPATTMTMHAAOTIYFYSFPOSWYLJTMMLTMYB

Rolling On The Floor Laughing Too Hard To Stop And Scaring The Cat, Meanwhile My Mom Walked In And Thought I Had Eaten Poisonous Mushrooms And She Called The Paramedics And They Took Me Too Mad House And All Of This Is Your Fault You Stupid Fathead Piece Of **** With Your Lame Jokes That Make Me Laugh This Much You Bastard

• VEG5000VEG5000 Member Posts: 45
    OK AION will have the BEST and I mena the BEST Graphics of any MMO in the later part of 2006 and the 2007 year hands down looks to be followed by SUN the PVP shown in the video was great nice and BALENCED no fullllly over powered characters.. the down side to the video was the poor quallity to show the full detail of the game but just understand this picture FARCRY as a MMO thats the world graphics. there is no touching that engine in the MMO's out right now..NONE!!!!  I can say this I will be playing this game in beta to really get a feel for it.. ONE bonus is both KOREAN and AMERICAN MMO creator's are working on this game so this will be different feel but some simaler..ALSO yes people play characters different then other people. I did notice that they played them not to the full potential.
  • acidleakacidleak Member Posts: 33
    looks cool, only thing i didnt like was the 5sec cast times some of those spells seemed to take. also i want to see a pvp vid with like... o lets say 50 people?, this game looks like it would make some awesome FFA matches.

• tanminhtanminh Member Posts: 32

Talk about boreing.

ok whoever think a mage is gona tank while casting spell is a retarded. mage are suppose to hit and run, or else there wont be a point in partyin with any melee high def class. to tell u the truth, i havnt seen a single mmorpg where the mage stand still and tank while a monster or character hitting them.
  • tanminhtanminh Member Posts: 32

Originally posted by acidleak
    looks cool, only thing i didnt like was the 5sec cast times some of those spells seemed to take. also i want to see a pvp vid with like... o lets say 50 people?, this game looks like it would make some awesome FFA matches.

I know what u mean, but u notice, there were monsters  there. It couldve been beef those players have with one another during grinding. That would be kewl, being able to beat anyone up if they piss u off, of course would be nice to  restrict that to people around your lvl only to prevent PKing noob. I highly doubt that is the angel/devil/dragon war they were talkin about tho.
  • daramejadarameja Member Posts: 1
    What seems really nice to is is character plastics. They are moving so freely. Cool

Perfect enemy

• StellosStellos Member UncommonPosts: 1,491
    Didn't look as bad as what some of the above commentors are saying; however, it was kinda goofy.  It is hard to give a fair judgment in that link since it was a link of a video camera recording a monitor.  Kinda remined me of Alpha Streetfighter II. lol
  • KharmedKharmed Member Posts: 101
    It's a vid from E3 it's mearly a demo.

80% of the things we have seen will change.

• Ryder.ARyder.A Member Posts: 3

Cool Vid :) that warrior had some awsome moves......looks like to me thay were kinda teaming up at a time to take him down 1st

thanks for uploading =)