Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blair pushes for Palestinian Peace

Just found this on cnn.com http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/09/10/mideast.blair.ap/index.html

Basically British PM Tony Blair pushed the world to reopen ties with the Palestinians, as long as Hamas stops screaming Death to Israel and renounces violence. This would get money to start flowing back into Gaza and get the people out of the huge hole they're in right now.

Hamas rejected the proposal. What are everyone's thoughts on this?

And PLEASE, keep this thread clean of "Death to Israel," "Death to Zionism," "Death to Islam," "Death to the Palestinians," or any variations of the above. This is not a flame war about who should die and who's committing genocide against who. That's what the threads created by Zerogenum are for. (Sorry...but I had to).

Comments

• Bama1267Bama1267 Member UncommonPosts: 1,822

Originally posted by Zyke

Just found this on cnn.com http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/09/10/mideast.blair.ap/index.html
    Basically British PM Tony Blair pushed the world to reopen ties with the Palestinians, as long as Hamas stops screaming Death to Israel and renounces violence. This would get money to start flowing back into Gaza and get the people out of the huge hole they're in right now.
    And PLEASE, keep this thread clean of "Death to Israel," "Death to Zionism," "Death to Islam," "Death to the Palestinians," or any variations of the above. This is not a flame war about who should die and who's committing genocide against who. That's what the threads created by Zerogenum are for. (Sorry...but I had to).

Well I think the response is quite clear....death to Israel. They have and always will be agaist the total existense of Israel. Israel gives a little, they take a little , then continue to do what they did before. There will never be peace in the middle east till one side is whiped out....and that wont happen any time soon.

• TheAnomalyTheAnomaly Member Posts: 42
    Hamas won't stop until Israel is pushed into the sea.

• lardmouthlardmouth Member Posts: 701
    One side will have to pull out all the stops and fight a war so brutal that the enemy will have to decide between inevitable extermination, or peace.  Hate to say it, but at this point I truly believe it will take a war of that magnitude.
  • LostGraceLostGrace Member Posts: 380
    I cant believe these 2 people are killing so much just because they had a fued like 2000 years ago.

• baffbaff Member Posts: 9,457

Blair is a prat. No one in Palestine wants to talk to him.

For that matter no one in Britain wants to talk to him, which is why he is skulking round over there where at least the Israeli's are polite to him.

£5 says he finds an excuse to go to America next rather than come home and resign.

• ZerogenumZerogenum Member Posts: 391

You're saying what are everyones thoughts but you're laying down ground rules as to what thoughts we can say.

The world was so much better before political correctness.

Zerogenum - MixMatched BH Carbineer Template of the Gods, Kettemoor PRE CU SWG.

Heres a fox news analyst (Neil Cavuto) Discussing peace in palestine with a Rabbi.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RjnvQHWyLE

• kimosabekimosabe Member Posts: 516

Originally posted by Zerogenum

You're saying what are everyones thoughts but you're laying down ground rules as to what thoughts we can say.

I just think our pilot Zyke has a gun on his plane to stop all the hijacking, not restricting free speech. Congrats Zyke on the preempting, but I'm afraid it acted more like bait.

Of course Hamas will reject the proposal. Anything short of resurrecting Hitler, or the dissolving of Israel as a state will be unsatasfactory for him. Nobody has gotten the Palestinians and Israelis to stop fighting, and Tony Blair sure won't. Considering how hot the tensions have been all the way back since the '40s, I, unfortunately, doubt anything except an almost complete annihilation of either side will end the fighting.

Je mettrai l'amour sur dos de moi.

Originally posted by kimosabe

I just think our pilot Zyke has a gun on his plane to stop all the hijacking, not restricting free speech. Congrats Zyke on the preempting, but I'm afraid it acted more like bait.

Of course Hamas will reject the proposal. Anything short of resurrecting Hitler, or the dissolving of Israel as a state will be unsatasfactory for him. Nobody has gotten the Palestinians and Israelis to stop fighting, and Tony Blair sure won't. Considering how hot the tensions have been all the way back since the '40s, I, unfortunately, doubt anything except an almost complete annihilation of either side will end the fighting.

And what to guns do? Kill the opposition. Which in that case I agree that thats what the intent was.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RjnvQHWyLE

Thats a good debate on a peaceful solution to middle eastern war on Fox News strangely enough.

Originally posted by kimosabe

Hezbollah and Hamas werent even in existence when the Irgud Jewish Terrorists declared war on the british and arabs of palestine. They are the first aggressors. If hezbollah attacking is justification for war with lebanon then this i guess should be treated the same except history became lost.