Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why I hate this game

13»

Comments

• FatamorganaFatamorgana Member Posts: 110

Originally posted by Homieslice
    This game is actually not that good. Do you know what this game is? Its almost as good as COH/COV, WoW, EVE, Saga of Ryzom. But the trump card is THE NO MONTHLEY FUCKING FEEE!!!!! WOOT........... This game will probably be as good as TMO, SWG, or DAOC if there was a monthley fee. Its better than all those crappy free mmorpgs but not as good as the big boy mmorpgs. Nobody will play this game if there was  a monthley fee, it isn't worth it. This game doeson't make you paranoid if your not playing it, because therse no monthley fee. So all you people that are complimenting this game and flaming me, check yourself out, and ask yourself, "If this game had a monthley fee will I still play it". That's all I ask.

But if this game is "almost" as good as COH/COV,WOW,EVE and Saga of ryzom this game very good and better when you don't need to pay monthly fees ::::19::

• BentBent Member CommonPosts: 581

Well IMO I don't think WoW is worth it compared to DAoC.  I paid to play DAoC for 4 years, it populations died  once WoW came out.  I moved to WoW, it had horrible downtime, log in lines, bugs, and it's PvP system was a joke, with balance issues etc etc. The only reason I think WoW made it through it's horrible launch was because all the newb MMO players didn't know any better. 

I refused to continue to pay the same amount I was paying for DAoC to play a game that was vastly less stable and IMO not better in any way at release.  I said this following statement a lot.  It would like like if Ruby Tuesday's $7-8 hamburgs were compared vs Burger King and if Burger kings hamburgers also cost $7-8.  I don't know about you, but burger king sell 2-6 dollar burger because that is all they are worth.  If they suddenly raised their prices to 7-8dollars I would laugh and eat at Ruby Tuesday's instead.  Get what I'm saying?  I was forced with the option to pay the same for what I considered an inferior product.  And at launch with all the bugs, downtime, and wait time just to log on I doubt anyone would say WoW was a superior MMO..

For better or worse every boxed MMO charges the same monthly fee.  ~$15  I guess they feel if they charged $10 from the begining people would think their game is inferior to $15/month games.  Well this is the reason D&DOnline died.  If they only charged $5 a month they probably would of had a game the lasted 6mo-1year instead of one that last about 1month.

Things may indeed be different now.  But I still have my doubts aside from population number that WoW is a better MMO than EQII or DAoC.

Which it likely isn't since both of thoses games are beating it on the charts here.

IMO
    EQII is worth $15
    DAoC if it had population would be worth $15, without population $10
    WoW is worth $12
    GW doesn't charge a monthly fee because Anet knows it isn't worth a monthly fee.  $50 equals 20-40 hours of play time.  That is all you get out of the PvE part of GWs really before you hit repetitive content.  They can't charge more then that.

I like GW marketing style, if very simply states - "If you are still happy and enjoying our product buy the next xpac".  If you don't enjoy Guild Wars you instantly can stop playing and never pay another dime. Or continue to play forever and never pay another dime.  Yet, I know lots of people that aren't "happy" with Pay 2 Play MMOs, yet they still play and are addicted to them.  How many threads pop up on the WoW forums saying "put your money where your mouth is, cancel you account until they fix XXX."  The companies know it is a bluff.  The know whether you are happy or not majority of people are going to renew the day before their account would become unplayable.  You might not be happy your uber mage is now completely gimped, but are you willing to let your acount expire and NEVER see your mage again?  If you aren't quite happy you either keep playing and pay again or get your access taken away.  And even uphappy people still want to be able to play sometimes so they pay.

With GWs system.  They have to make sure their costermers are truely happy before a new product comes out or that product won't sell.  If you aren't happy with GWs you don't have to spend another penny until you are, yet you can still play all your old content.

Pay to Play MMOs are blackmail in a manner.
    "I think WoW is going downhill"
    "THEN STOP PLAYING"
    "But I don't want to stop playing, I just wish they are fix the stuff"
    "THEN KEEP PAYING"

With GWs it is like
    "I think GWs is going downhill"
    "THEN DON'T BUY THE NEXT XPAC AND JUST KEEP PLAYING THE OLD STUFF UNTIL YOU QUIT or LIKE IT"
    "Alright, hopefully they will get things fixed"

Now, if WoW can do a near flawless release of their upcoming expansion, then maybe my tune will change.  Myabe all the other MMOrpgs readers will change their mind too.  Because as we all know rate now WoW isn't even on the top 10.  The question is simple why would you pay the same amount to play a 10-20 game when you could play a 1-10 ranked game instead.  You would think the 3 million + WoW subscribers it they really liked their game would be able to get together and push WoW up to the top 10 again.  But it hasn't happened yet.

• ADM_ANADM_AN Member Posts: 23

Excuse me I'm new to this topic, but may I ask:

Homeslice, how old are you and have you even played GW for more then 5 minutes before?

No offense, but people here are making reasonable arguments to your seemingly childish comments about how you think GW suck and hate it.  I feel that this is your personal opinion and you should not try to force your will upon others who find the game enjoyable.

Frankly I don't care if GW is free or not, whether its instanced or not and other crap.  I play the game because its a lot less stressful then certain other games I've played before (where people openly treat eachother like asses).  I don't have to worry about people comming to kill steal or loot me, and players don't get into each other's way.  If I don't like what I am hearing on the chats, I can turn it off and ignore people.  I don't have to worry about trying to reach the highest level just to enjoy PvPs, GvGs and others.  In fact, I prefer to PvP GvG with my RP char then make a PvP char and I can stand my ground fairly against many opponents though I do not have all the best stuff and elite skills.  (I've played some MMOs before where most of the power was biased for certain builds and other builds had no chance what so ever).  I find this game to be one of the fairest games for any player and any build.

And think about this:

You pay like $15.00 per month for WoW and other similar games, for GW its a deal of pay $50.00 once and play, and you can take a break from the game without having to keep paying a monthly fee to keep your account active.  Imagine you wanting to take a break for 1 month because you have school or vacation, and you're playing WoW, it would be a $15.00 waste for that 1 month (of course since I have never played WoW I maybe wrong about how this works).  But I know there are games which are like this.

Of course there are other free games but GW has the quality of many P2P games like WoW and EVE and such, yet still almost as cheap as completely free games.   It has a nice balance of 'quality and quantity'.

• exanimoexanimo Member UncommonPosts: 1,301

im 31 years old , been playing with computers since ZXspectrum , i was 5 or 6 years old
    im sure i never played any other game for so long , i know i played UT2003 almost one year
    but guildwars broke that record

15 months and counting

• ADM_ANADM_AN Member Posts: 23

Oh yes, another thing I like about this game.  Unlike several other games out there (but not all), the quests and battles in this game require team work and strategy.  Sure in the early missions and quests you can win by shear numbers or using henchmen, but later on only teams which work together can finish a mission.

In GWP there is this one mission where in the end you have to defend a fort (I don't currently recall the name of that quest) from invading monsters and in the fort they give you seige weapons.  I've done that mission with several teams many times over just for the fun of it and I realized most of them didn't use those weapons and the enemy overwhelmed us.  Most of the time we believe just because we have a team with powerful players we can win, but I really like that idea that we have to sometimes also use what resources we have on the map in order to win.  Its quite challanging.

• exanimoexanimo Member UncommonPosts: 1,301

heh , thats really in the early missions , all i can tell you is , you aint seen nothing yet ::::02::

i really love the end game zones , Fow/Uw/Tomb/Sorrow/Elite Missions
    not just good team , but the puzles before you or anyone in the team knows how to do it , its just hard as hell
    before this zones came out , i use to do the so called last mission , hell of percipice just for the fun of it , like you said , now i do it in this areas , i cant get bored of it.

• zollenzollen Member Posts: 351

Originally posted by Homieslice
    This game is actually not that good. Do you know what this game is? Its almost as good as COH/COV, WoW, EVE, Saga of Ryzom. But the trump card is THE NO MONTHLEY FUCKING FEEE!!!!! WOOT........... This game will probably be as good as TMO, SWG, or DAOC if there was a monthley fee. Its better than all those crappy free mmorpgs but not as good as the big boy mmorpgs. Nobody will play this game if there was  a monthley fee, it isn't worth it. This game doeson't make you paranoid if your not playing it, because therse no monthley fee. So all you people that are complimenting this game and flaming me, check yourself out, and ask yourself, "If this game had a monthley fee will I still play it". That's all I ask.

Now Now Homies, first you attacked GW for not having as much subscripted players as WoW, then you attack GW for not having subscription fees.... So you do not like GW because it has less subscripted players than WoW and you do not like GW because it has no monthly fee?? 

Is that a jealous I am hearing from you????

Would you tell us (in detail) what you don't like about the "game play" of GW? Both PvE and PvP please?

• rockin_uforockin_ufo Member UncommonPosts: 378
    Homieslice ur confusing me, I a later post i read u said QUOTE: "I use to hate this game, now I love it since all my friends play it now" JUST GIVE US AN ANSWER TO U LIKE IT OR NOT!

Whenever i step outside, somebody claims to see the light
    It seems to me that all of us have lost our patience.
    'cause everyone thinks they're right,
    And nobody thinks that there just might
    Be more than one road to our final destination--