Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Possible Bad News for UXO

Electronic Art's Austin Unit Origin Systems to Shut Down
Game company Electronic Art's is expected to tell it's Austin employees this week that the company will be shutting down Origin Systems, its Austin operations, according to sources. Employees will be offered an opportunity to relocate to California or accept a severance package. Company officials could not be reached for comment. Austin is the # 3 location in the U.S. for game development with more than 50 companies making major contributions to the game industry, including game development, publishing, tools and middleware and chips and hardware.

http://uxo.stratics.com/

Comments

• ZoharZohar Member Posts: 673
    Aye, I've heard this elsewhere. We can only hope that the UXO development team is not affected by this.

-=MMORPG.COM Staff=-
    E-mail: [email protected]

• HellsbaneHellsbane Member Posts: 23
    I wouldn't concern myself overly much with this info. It doesn't mean UXO is history, just that they are shrinking their opperations. image

Death is but a dream. Welcome to your worst nightmare!!

• ZoharZohar Member Posts: 673
    On another forum, Cal stated that UXO will continue development. Other then that he cannot comment on how this will affect UXO. At least we can feel safe knowing the game will continue image.

-=MMORPG.COM Staff=-
    E-mail: [email protected]

• YordoYordo Member Posts: 831
    I doubt this will wreck UXO or they would not have done this.  Obviously they have enough development team already and don't need the other company.

• Calandryll_Calandryll_ DeveloperMember Posts: 43
    Aye. UXO's development will continue.

-Jonathan "Calandryll" Hanna
    Lead Designer, Ultima X: Odyssey

• HellsbaneHellsbane Member Posts: 23

Originally posted by Calandryll_
    Aye. UXO's development will continue.

Lead Designer, Ultima X: Odyssey

And there you have it, Ladies and Gentlemen. Confirmation from one of the mains. Let not yo'ur hearts be troubled. The great experiment goes forward.  image