Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General Information. (Kind of long)

RilixRilix Member Posts: 21

I'm sure you guys get allot of posts like this, so I'm sorry if these get annoying. I'm just seeking some basic information on FFXI. This is so far the only new MMORPG I have not played yet.

I was never really much of a FF fan. Lately I have heard some good things about this one though, and on the website I really wasn't able to get the information I was seeking (maybe I just didn't look in the correct spots).

Basically all I want to know is, what is the gameplay like?

Can you compare the game-play to any other kind of online game so that I may get the picture abit better?

What kind of classes are there?

And what is the difference in each class?

Does it have a good battle system?

Is it fast-paced game-play/battling?

Or does it follow the former FF battle systems?

Is there PvP?

If so what is the PvP system like?

What kind of races are there to choose from?

Is there really much difference between each race? Example each race has its own special little ability/attributes, race signature.

I heard theres mounts in the game, how does this work? Do you tame them? Buy them?

Can you battle on mounts and such? Or are they just for transportation?

Does it have a trade-skill system?

If so could you give me a short description of how their trade-skill system works?

Is the world large? I mean large as if, without maps and such, you CAN get lost.

Is there player housing/player run shops and stuff of that sort?

Is there more to do besides hunting all the time? Or is it the type of game where everything revolves around killing killing killing?

How is character creation? Do you get a good variety of things to customize your character with?

And most importantly, I really want to know how character development works on FFXI. What happens when you progress in levels, etc, all the nifty stuff there is to know about that would be helpful.

Sorry for so many questions, but when it comes to a game that I am not really sure of I really like to know all the details before I buy it. If theres a fansite or something along those lines that can answer all these questions for me that'd be great too. Once again sorry for all the questions, and thanks to whoever helps me out with answers.

imageimageimageimageimage

In order to see the light, you must be in darkness

Comments

• k11keeperk11keeper Member UncommonPosts: 1,048

Well I  will try to help you out but you had a lot of questions and I will answer the ones I can.

The gameplay is awesome and the only thing people complain about is that it is almost impossible to solo but i hate soloing so that works for me.

The basic classes(or jobs) are: Warrior, Monk, White mage, black mage, red mage, and thief.

The advanced classes(jobs) are: Palidan, Dragoon, Summoner, Dark Knight, Bard, Beastmaster, Ranger, Ninja, and Samary.

If have questions about any just ask later.

The battle system is killer and has skillchains and exp chains which you use when you have enough TP and use Weapon skills in the right order with other party members, these do uber damage with magic bursts too.

I know this might be dissapointing but there is no PvP but that wont matter after you play. I have heard that there will be an expansion some time that will include pvp but who's really to know.

oh races there is only five: Hume, Mithra, TaruTaru, Galkas and Elvaan.

Humes= jack of all trades master of none

TaruTaru= great for magic bad for everthing else

Mithra= high evasion and a real mystery to me

Elvaan= NOT FOR MAGIC these are more like legolas from LOTR and are good knights and have lots of strength and good Hit points

Galkan= the biggest in the game they have the most Hit points and strenth but have almost no Magic POints

Oh ya Chocobos are really cool you have to do a quest to be able to use them and they are rented not buyed or tamed. The quest isn't available until level 20. Not sure if you can battle with them but im thinking no.

Oh yes the best thing about this game is the Auction House no more standing around waiting for hours for people to buy your stuff you can just put it up on the auction house and the money will be delivered to your mog house if it sells most item do too. you just pick a price and get the money also it is great to be able to just buy things of the AH and not have to wait for that either.

The world of Vana D'iel is not very large but if it was you would have a hard time finding a party so it is accuily nice having a map is nice to find you party members.

there is a lot more then just kill kill kill I think that the questing and missions in this game are better then any other MMORPG but to level it is faster to kill kill kill.

There really is not a lot of things to choose from in making your character like dyes and things like that dont even excist.

As you level you get Job abilities which help your character with all sorts of stuff, you get job traits which are passive and work all the time, and Weapon skills which do more damage and are used in skill chains.

Oh it was no problem answering your questions i want to get more stars and if you have any other questions just ask and i will answer them on this board. And if you decide to get FFXI i will be purchasing a world pass soon for a friend and if you want on my server i can get you in.

• thorn254thorn254 Member Posts: 37
    this is one of the best MMORPGs i've ever played, many will tell you different. I've played DAOC, UO, Everquest image and this beat all of those. Of course, if you plan on doing one MMORPG at a time, wait til world of warcraftimage

I like dogs, they taste good.

I like dogs, they taste good.