Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why I hate this game

Comments

• FatamorganaFatamorgana Member Posts: 110

Originally posted by Nadril
    Fat, you realize the "best armors" are incredibly cheap to get right?... Elite skills are just about time realy.

Maybe but i still didn't got the motivation and maybe i was then already little bored to the game
    ::::19::

• gamerman98gamerman98 Member UncommonPosts: 807

the reason why everyone hates this game is because they wanted a free WoW....well i dont know them personally but seriously...if you hate this game then go complain somewhere else and quit ruining it for those who enjoy it!!!! Like cmon...seriously....this ranting and crying about why a game sux is older than all ur grandmothers.

• BentBent Member CommonPosts: 581
    Yeah, they hate this game and don't enjoy any other game really... Or they would be playing instead of complaining.  Some people don't have anything to do but just complain until some other game captures their interest.  Sadly, it is often these same people that buy a game without knowing anything about it really and end up complaining the game wasn't anything like they expected.  To such people I say, "Spend less time complaining and more time researching your future purchases."  Heck at least go to ign or gamespot and read the preview or review they do of games.  Though, the best place to look is the fansite forums.

Way too many people just look at screen shots and the rating and then buy.  Spend 5mins reading up on WoW and you'll know that as a new player you have hours and hours of end game raiding to look forward to.  Yet people are still buying the game and being "surprised."  Meh, their $50 not mine.

I laugh my butt off everytime someone says "GW sucks I quit!! it was 100% instanced!! You can even meet up with other people except in cities." Like that was a shocker if you read an FAQ before you bought the game.  Yet the month of release their must of been 1 post a day here saying that. 

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

I think a lot of people who haven't played GW or haven't played enough to know otherwise don't really understand a lot of the mechanisms of the game.

First off, the rarest/costliest items give no stats advantage over equipment that any character who has played through the game can not afford. The 1.5 K armors have the exact same stats as the 15K armors. The harder to obtain "skins" are all about looks and "status", not in game advantages.

Second, you only have to "farm and grind" if that's your thing or you want to be able to afford the "status" items. There are no repair costs, regents, potions, etc... Once you get your character set up the way you want them, there is no need to farm money, unless you want to.

Third, PvP. You can use your PvE character in PvP, or you can create a PvP Only character. The PvP only character is level 20, has access to armors with the best stats at no gold cost and max stat weapons as well. They also have access to all "unlocked" item upgrades and skills. Any upgrades or skills unlocked during your PvE career, on any character on your account, are unlocked for your PvP only characters. You can also unlock these things with faction points you earn playing PvP. It's possible to PvP with out any gold and with out ever using a PvE character to unlock anything, if you wish.

If you do decide to play PvP only and never touch PvE, there are some solid pre-built options to help you until you have earned enough faction to open up skills for your own custom builds. Faction and PvP titles are account wide, so you can delete a PvP Only character and "re-create them" with no penalty. You can even reuse the old name. Stuff you unlock with one character is unlocked for all your characters, so you are not in any way "starting over" when you do this.

To get the best entertainment value for your buck, it's best to play through the PvE content with at least one character before you PvP. It also allows you to learn the classes and how to play them and you will have more options when creating a new PvP only character, because you will have already unlocked a number of skills. However, it is very possible to play only PvP from the start if you wish.

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• beaverboy123beaverboy123 Member Posts: 85
    i think dis game sucks (no offence). mb its not the game for me. for example, wen i first played, i entered the game and i had no idea wat to do. the community is literally dead. i asked arun wat im spose to do cuz i had no idea. everyone jus said haahah wat a noobie to me. for example take wow. wow wen u join u hav a basic idea of wat to do, quests. the quests are set out in a way it guides u to the another place wen u r high lvl enuf. i dunno if GW is gd in later game  though.
  • Vertex1980Vertex1980 Member Posts: 951
    I love when people from other countries try to speak bad english with slang and shorthand and just slaughter it even more. 

Originally posted by beaverboy123
    i think dis game sucks (no offence). mb its not the game for me. for example, wen i first played, i entered the game and i had no idea wat to do. the community is literally dead. i asked arun wat im spose to do cuz i had no idea. everyone jus said haahah wat a noobie to me. for example take wow. wow wen u join u hav a basic idea of wat to do, quests. the quests are set out in a way it guides u to the another place wen u r high lvl enuf. i dunno if GW is gd in later game though.

No offence but in GW you know what to do if you read the quest logs

• PraorPraor Member Posts: 519
    Change your dam avatar !!

Waiting on Guild Wars 2

• BentBent Member CommonPosts: 581

I found a few people who hit lvl 15+ that didn't know you could put attribute points into your skills.  In fact the person posted here saying... GWs sucks... I did alright at the begining of the game but the mobs are stronger now and I'm still only doing 1-3 a hit..

What such a person really means to say is... "I'm a dolt..."

Originally posted by Praor
    Change your dam avatar !!

To who you're so angry about avatars?

• NadrilNadril Member Posts: 1,276

i think dis game sucks (no offence). mb its not the game for me. for example, wen i first played, i entered the game and i had no idea wat to do. the community is literally dead. i asked arun wat im spose to do cuz i had no idea. everyone jus said haahah wat a noobie to me. for example take wow. wow wen u join u hav a basic idea of wat to do, quests. the quests are set out in a way it guides u to the another place wen u r high lvl enuf. i dunno if GW is gd in later game  though.

Sir, if you could not figure out what to do in GUILD WARS you my friend are an idiot. And, perhaps, even the largest dumbass i've seen in quite a few years, next to the OP of course.

Guild Wars is fairly laid out to you... Didn't think it could get much more "planned" than that.

Anyways, i'm playing it until something else comes around. I like the game, and its a lot of fun, but I'm just waiting for other stuff to come along. (although I did play starting GW beta for about 2 months)
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937

You really have to follow the quests. You will eventually get on "the main quest" and it just leads you through the game. Or, you can go directly into PvP characters and just do that type of arena fighting.

I think maybe the mistake is that you thought it was like a regular mmorpg, when in fact the gameplay is slightly different.

You meet people in the cities if you want to party with people. Otherwise there are npc party members you can invite.

there is a main quest that is Linear in nature so you can't get too lost. Maybe try again?
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • sherman8199sherman8199 Member Posts: 18

I started off playing WoW, and I tired GW during the open beta a year or so ago.  I wasn't impressed.  But then, I didn't research Guild Wars that much.  My fault!

I picked up Guild Wars, and thought it was interesting.  It kept getting hyped as an MMORPG, something to kill WoW, EQ, etc.  That's all I heard.  When I played the game, I was seriously dissappointed.  I was expecting something more along the lines of WoW.  I then let Guild Wars sit on my computer, but I didn't do much with it.

Now, that I've decided to take a break from WoW, I've had the hard task of something to fill up my MMO time.  Guild Wars has been doing fine for that now.  But this is after I have an understanding of the game, I've done my research.  And I still considered myself a 'Newbie', (i've never ever made it out of the starting Ascalon area).  But that is something that I soon wich to change.

With all due respect to the Op, he however is a n00b.  You are welcome to your opinion that Guild Wars may suck, but you're not going to get anyone else to even support you if your arguement can't hold a days worth of Southern California Rain (which isn't much, because we don't get that much :) )

I am enjoying my return the Guild Wars, and maybe even my return to WoW.  I appreciate both aspects of what these individual games provide.  Entertainment :)  And Op, if you parents can't afford it for you now, just wait until you get a job and pay for it yourself.

• zollenzollen Member Posts: 351

Here are some instructions for you:

1. Use both of your hands to open the GW game manual.

2. Read the index and search for "Game Play" section, your eyes must be opened at all time.

3. Use your right hand to flip through the pages until you see "Game Play" section.

4. Read the entire section with your eyes, dreaming is strictly prohibited.

I hope this helps.

• HomiesliceHomieslice Member Posts: 156
    I figured what to do in Guild Wars, but it didn't appeal to me

Ya heard

• XlaiRXlaiR Member Posts: 2

Originally posted by Homieslice
    Guild Wars is a good game, but that game is not for me. First of all, most of the game is instanced. It feels like a single player game (No offence). Theres no actual community because you can go thru the whole game saying 100 lines of words. The PvP is alright but you have to complete the game and unlock all the skills, thats okay but it seriously feels like a singe player game. The Level Cap is 20, i have no problem with this, because i like feeling equal to the other people in this game. Unlike WOW the lvl ranges from 1-70 which kind of makes me insecure lol. The problem is that most ppl in this game make 2 chars, one char to get money and the other char to reap the benefits. it Ruins the game for us noobies that are starting.

ya heard.............

Yeah, the single player feeling isn't good, i agree.
    The community isn't so big and there is not so much talking.
    The PVP is actually great, you can buy skills in PVP but you need some points that are hard to learn!
  • DarktaniaDarktania Member Posts: 805

I learned a cold hard lesson the other day. I learned to not trust the ratings of the games. I was looking for something fun to play so I referred to the rankings of the games here at this sight. With the exception of Guild Wars and Factions, I had tried all the top games on the list. So I went out and bought Guild Wars.

After a week of playing it, I have to admit that I'm really disappointed. There's nothing to do here but kill mobs. Thats it! Sure you can go on a quest but all the quest involves is killing more mobs.

If this game had any appeal at all with me, it was lost 5 minutes after I started playing. What a serious waste of $50.

• KesranKesran Member Posts: 88

Whereas my experience is almost the opposite of Darktania - I avoided playing Guild wars for ages because of the grubles I'd heard about instancing and stuff, then saw it last week in Game (UK) for £9.99 and decided to risk it and have loved every minute of it since :) The PvP game is fast paced and fun, and the co-operative 'quests' are a nice way of learning whats going on.

And in what MMORPG is the focus of the PvE game not killing mobs?? (OK in WoW,DAoC, CoV/CoH, AC, SWG, L2, EQ (all of which I have played and enjoyed to varying degrees) and so on you might also get 'fed-ex' missions, 'run here and give this to NPCx'...*yawn* )

----------------------------
    Hundreds of years from now, it will not matter what size my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove... But the world may be different because I did something so bafflingly crazy that my ruins become a tourist attraction.

• zollenzollen Member Posts: 351

Originally posted by Darktania

I learned a cold hard lesson the other day. I learned to not trust the ratings of the games. I was looking for something fun to play so I referred to the rankings of the games here at this sight. With the exception of Guild Wars and Factions, I had tried all the top games on the list. So I went out and bought Guild Wars.
      After a week of playing it, I have to admit that I'm really disappointed. There's nothing to do here but kill mobs. Thats it! Sure you can go on a quest but all the quest involves is killing more mobs.
      If this game had any appeal at all with me, it was lost 5 minutes after I started playing. What a serious waste of $50.

Have you tried PvP?

I got bored to silkroad so i decide to play GW with i hadn't paly in ages and it was almost covered with dust but now i'm playing it again with great pleasure ::::20:: and i disagree about the community,if you found a good guild you have a good community but if try to get good conversation in towns it's almost waste of time the normal chat is very often full of "WTB" and "WTS" comments ::::02:: oops my comment is very far from the topic, so what i just wanted to say this :P

• DookzDookz Member UncommonPosts: 562
    I used to play Guild Wars regularly since release, it is as fun as playing games I used to play that require monthly fees UO being a favorite and found GW to be more enjoyable to play when I log in less often only to find new stuff being added and events taking place.

Playing now: Cities: Skyline / Ori and the Blind Forest / Banished

• HomiesliceHomieslice Member Posts: 156
    This game is actually not that good. Do you know what this game is? Its almost as good as COH/COV, WoW, EVE, Saga of Ryzom. But the trump card is THE NO MONTHLEY FUCKING FEEE!!!!! WOOT........... This game will probably be as good as TMO, SWG, or DAOC if there was a monthley fee. Its better than all those crappy free mmorpgs but not as good as the big boy mmorpgs. Nobody will play this game if there was  a monthley fee, it isn't worth it. This game doeson't make you paranoid if your not playing it, because therse no monthley fee. So all you people that are complimenting this game and flaming me, check yourself out, and ask yourself, "If this game had a monthley fee will I still play it". That's all I ask.

Ya heard

This game is actually not that good. Do you know what this game is? Its almost as good as COH/COV, WoW, EVE, Saga of Ryzom. But the trump card is THE NO MONTHLEY FUCKING FEEE!!!!! WOOT........... This game will probably be as good as TMO, SWG, or DAOC if there was a monthley fee. Its better than all those crappy free mmorpgs but not as good as the big boy mmorpgs. Nobody will play this game if there was a monthley fee, it isn't worth it. This game doeson't make you paranoid if your not playing it, because therse no monthley fee. So all you people that are complimenting this game and flaming me, check yourself out, and ask yourself, "If this game had a monthley fee will I still play it". That's all I ask.

I'd like to say that i won't play any mmorpg if there's monthley fees so GW was the perfect choice for me and i haven't regretit that i bought GW and now that i have again started to paly GW i'm planning to buy factions and nightfall also::::20::

• KesranKesran Member Posts: 88

Sorry Homieslice, but I really don't understand what point you are trying to make. The game has no monthly fee because it's focus is different from other MMORPG's - more 'Planetside' than 'WoW' perhaps in as much as its centrally focussed on team-PvP(although obviously planetside is an FPS model and charges you to play every month!). It's not trying to compete with the 'big boy mmorpgs' - perhaps trying to make this comparison is why you are dissatisfied.

Levelling is fast and easy, your characters skills loadout for the PvP game are incredibly customisable...I don't really see whats not to like unless you are looking for a more in-depth PvE or role-playing environment.

Ultimately, if you don't like it, don't play it - after all, it's *not* costing you anything despite your hypothetical question

----------------------------
    Hundreds of years from now, it will not matter what size my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove... But the world may be different because I did something so bafflingly crazy that my ruins become a tourist attraction.

• DookzDookz Member UncommonPosts: 562

This game is actually not that good. Do you know what this game is? Its almost as good as COH/COV, WoW, EVE, Saga of Ryzom. But the trump card is THE NO MONTHLEY FUCKING FEEE!!!!! WOOT........... This game will probably be as good as TMO, SWG, or DAOC if there was a monthley fee. Its better than all those crappy free mmorpgs but not as good as the big boy mmorpgs. Nobody will play this game if there was  a monthley fee, it isn't worth it. This game doeson't make you paranoid if your not playing it, because therse no monthley fee. So all you people that are complimenting this game and flaming me, check yourself out, and ask yourself, "If this game had a monthley fee will I still play it". That's all I ask.

You can only imagine what things they would have added in the game  if monthly fees were required. I certainly will pay monthly fees on this basis.

Playing now: Cities: Skyline / Ori and the Blind Forest / Banished