Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

the game isnt any good

daemondaemon Member UncommonPosts: 680

Saw a coleague of mine playing at work. I stayed with him till after work a few hours and watched him play.

Graphics are ok but they still have to work on alot of places. its still beta so i guess no problem there.

the movement is terrible my friend concluded. he couldnt get used to it pretty much in a few days of play.

quests.. i saw just a few couldnt tell much about them.

skill system abit weird. alot of grinding to get some of ur skills up. cant tell much here i didnt ask.

my friend couldnt do much pvp. he got owned fast while he was lagging most of the time. server lag+ low fps no chance.

was funny when he was trying to hunt and mobs were running away from him but not nice cause .. chase mobs around ++more lost time.

when he went to higher level mobs he got killed a few times so he had to move to another area.

from what i saw i could only give this game a 4/10 hype. really not impressed but since it will be free im sure some people will play. although if u want any serious items to have a chance you will have to take your credit card out and use it.

Comments

• PowerDXPowerDX Member Posts: 27
    What you have posted is... simply interesting. Would you please tell me which version he has played and if he can understand that language?
    To tell the truth, many Vietnamese testers have given up on this game because they prefer something less complex, say SRO, so that they can become the pro among the noob. In 9D, however, there're five main stats and how you build your character will be the major key to determine your chance of winning in PvP. Besides, a smart player will know how to work in a party when training. If your build is right, fighting yellow mobs is really a breeze.

• ClaudiusXClaudiusX Member Posts: 11
    I dunno, but I seems to stay loyal to the asian myth
  • unklbozkounklbozko Member Posts: 5

yellow mobs are pretty standard yellow mobs lol

Movement is point and click, right click or arrows for camera movement.

I mastered the movement and basic mob fighting the first hour i played it. maybe your friend just sucks? or maybe on a laptop? i couldnt imagine using a touchpad mouse for this game.

Yes you need to use a skill to get better at it, not jsut put points into it. Makes sense, practise makes perfect. But on the whole your skills go up at a decent pace with your lvl. Havent gotten into any good PvP but it makes me think of old time DAoC.

Yea the build you make is really the deal breaker once your out of the starter areas.

As far as being complex....I dont want a game that any 9 yr old can enjoy toooo much, then you jsut get the same WoW mentality. Besides look at the #1 game rated here Eve-Online, thats on of the most complex games out there. And after 4 yrs its still running stronger than it did at 1 or 2 yrs.

you did what, to who's dog, for how many oreo cookies?

• ddoggddogg Member Posts: 16
    Which country version was he playing ?

I guess was the Korean on as I heard that was Free to Play - and it would make sense if you then had to buy items.

I presume the USA and Euro versions will be pay to play and items will all be gained from quests and drops ?

Originally posted by daemon

from what i saw i could only give this game a 4/10 hype. really not impressed but since it will be free im sure some people will play. although if u want any serious items to have a chance you will have to take your credit card out and use it.

Vane ~Knights of Shadow Clan

• BrynnBrynn Member Posts: 345
    There will be crafting.
  • unklbozkounklbozko Member Posts: 5
    not in the traditional grind sort of crafting

you did what, to who's dog, for how many oreo cookies?

• maxstonemaxstone Member Posts: 151

Originally posted by ddogg
    Which country version was he playing ?

I guess was the Korean on as I heard that was Free to Play - and it would make sense if you then had to buy items.

I presume the USA and Euro versions will be pay to play and items will all be gained from quests and drops ?

No, actually, that isn't quite right...the game will probably be F2P with an item mall like you see in most of the imports coming over now. However, most of the items in these malls aren't always the "best" weapons but things like multi-use healing items, special pets, costumes, and XP boosters. They make the game-grind easier but they usually are not required to play the game (at least as far as I've seen, and I've been hiting the crack-pipe pretty hard recently).

It all comes down to preference and because of the glut of games overseas. Most people play 6-7 different games to socialize with different people so they don't want to be tied down to a monthly fee but will gladly pay for "boosters" to keep in line with those same said friends who may spend more time in that game.

• Thekobe8Thekobe8 Member Posts: 57
    After playing it i can say that this game is much better then any other F2P games (Silkroad, Flyff, etc) it could easyli be a p2p game

• yomomma233yomomma233 Member Posts: 32

Saw a coleague of mine playing at work. I stayed with him till after work a few hours and watched him play.
    Graphics are ok but they still have to work on alot of places. its still beta so i guess no problem there.
    the movement is terrible my friend concluded. he couldnt get used to it pretty much in a few days of play.
    skill system abit weird. alot of grinding to get some of ur skills up. cant tell much here i didnt ask.
    my friend couldnt do much pvp. he got owned fast while he was lagging most of the time. server lag+ low fps no chance.
    was funny when he was trying to hunt and mobs were running away from him but not nice cause .. chase mobs around ++more lost time.
    when he went to higher level mobs he got killed a few times so he had to move to another area.

I'm not sue how you can say "this game isnt any good" seeing its in Alpha testing... not even reached closed beta yet as far as im aware .. and if it was the korean version or w/e its not the same is it -_-

EDIT: ok i was looking at the euro site not the american one , thinking they would be the same but noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo euro one is old my bad -__________-

Alpha testing is still alpha testing.

However, I have other concerns. I hate point and click movement, and no jumping. And yet, there must be jumping in the combat moves, so why not in the game. Wierd.

some skills have jumping animations but you can't jump freely. and what's the point of jumping in a mmorpg?

Many good reasons, too numerous to mention.
    well the only games where jumping has a reason are games that have real time combat (wow, Ryl) but in all the games that you just click and the fight starts jumping is useless. and this game is one of them

I was thinking more of other places than in combat.
  • ClaudiusXClaudiusX Member Posts: 11

lol, even if its in beta, you still cant judge it.  It's not yet final

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,167

Originally posted by Brynn

like off a building if the game really sux?
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• VistaanVistaan Member Posts: 7
    Jugde a game for the words of others or just seeing them play is unfair. U must take part in for at least a week and make sure ur feeling . U needn't make ur judge in ur first sight . Keep patient and playing more guy . I think u can make only an untrust hype exceptl u hit lv 40 or more .
  • TenshinchigiTenshinchigi Member Posts: 5

WHAT R U TALKING ABOUT!!!!

Omg dude ur crazy ...... this game is gonna b awesome

• blacknapolblacknapol Member Posts: 9
    The different of culture will be a factor that reduce enjoyment; though I heard Acclaim have made a new story for US version.
    Some offline games like Oblivion and Gothic have jumping implemented.
    However, there's not much use for that skill and it's really stupid to
    jump while hitting your enemies. Jumping away from your enemies is also
    useless because they can run toward you again.

It is the same in online games. We don't have much use for jumping.
    Even in places other than combat, there's no point in jumping because
    you can access any available areas by walking. In real life, when and
    how often do you need to jump?

In conclusion, unless you're one of those rabid rabbits, you don't need to jump in your game.

Originally posted by tillamook

Originally posted by Brynn
    like off a building if the game really sux?

That comment was really funny. Maybe someday, in addition to skills such as jumping, swimming or flying, people will demand the ability to commit suicide. People are freakin' hard to satisfy. -_-"
  • AshikaaAshikaa Member Posts: 4

was funny when he was trying to hunt and mobs were running away from
    him but not nice cause .. chase mobs around ++more lost time.
    from what i saw i could only give this game a 4/10 hype. really not
    impressed but since it will be free im sure some people will play.
    although if u want any serious items to have a chance you will have to
    take your credit card out and use it.

You friend is suck. That's it. I need some minutes to control well with camera. The skills system is good do not say it is weird when you did not discover by yourself and understand it. I have not had laggy much in VN Close Beta. You must know VN the facility is not good as other places in world.

Originally posted by PowerDX
    What you have posted is... simply interesting. Would you please
    tell me which version he has played and if he can understand that
    language?
    To tell the truth, many Vietnamese testers have given up
    on this game because they prefer something less complex, say SRO, so
    that they can become the pro among the noob. In 9D, however, there're
    five main stats and how you build your character will be the major key
    to determine your chance of winning in PvP. Besides, a smart player
    will know how to work in a party when training. If your build is right,
    fighting yellow mobs is really a breeze.

You are just a liar. There are many and many Vietnamese players are waiting for this game OB. They are hungry for it.

• agree............btw, the mob doesn't run away easily. so far i played. they chase u. they hardly run away from u. even monsters lower lvl than u. just wait till the real game is online.

Originally posted by Ashikaa

You are just a liar. There are many and many Vietnamese players are waiting for this game OB. They are hungry for it.

Ashikaa, I think it's rude to call people a liar directly... -_-"
    I believe you have a little misunderstanding. There were several flame wars on Vietnamese forum. And many people tried to bash the game just like how it was here a few weeks ago. I didn't say that few Vietnamese liked this game. What I meant was not everybody liked this game because of some silly reasons (I used the word "many" because very few people were chosen for the Close Beta). I found what daemon said interesting because I didn't think his friend could understand the language of the game he was playing. In my opinion, people bashing something they don't understand are silly.

• ivam24ivam24 Member Posts: 39
    guys.. be good.. and be cool... ok?
  • crazykid89crazykid89 Member Posts: 9

The game is in beta testing.  Don't say that it's bad just because of that.  There is no "perfect" game.  It's a free game, take advantage of it.  wanna play a "cool" game?  Spend 40 or 50 bucks on World of Warcraft of Guilds and start playing.

To me, 9Dragons seems really cool and when it comes out into Open Beta and then into Full Version, it will be even better.

Site Webmaster of:
    9Dragons HQ