Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Death System

KeeganKeegan Member Posts: 53
Okay, i've read it but it must have flew over my head.... Shards? so if you die you become less and less afficent in the game. i don't know about the rest of you but i died alot in everquest when i was leveling up and if i understand this much i would have been a complete gimp in game because there was  days when i would die like 5+ times in a CR.

Comments

• KiamdeKiamde Member CommonPosts: 5,820

Its a pretty bad death system. I think there will be higher and higher levels of death shards and they will cost money. Alot of money. ::::05::

"Whoever controls the media controls the mind..-'Jim Morrison"

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out." ~Abbie Hoffman

• YordoYordo Member Posts: 831
    Maybe not money as much as really hard quests that give you them.  Or they will drop as loot from harder monsters....I like the idea, but hopefully they don't make these things too hard to get.

::Yordo::
    EQ2, UXO, Lineage 2, KO, Guild Wars, City of Heroes

• KeeganKeegan Member Posts: 53

Thank you, This could be a great death system it all depends on what you have to do to get those shards bad... i mean i know i wouldn't want to be killing mobs for exp and only get 50% of the exp for that mob.... its all depending on how youget the shards back.

Yep, and I'm sure that's something that they will never tell the public...so, once again, we must wait until the game comes out image

::Yordo::
    EQ2, UXO, Lineage 2, KO, Guild Wars, City of Heroes

well they did put in in public on EQ2vault.com in one of the Q&A i think its in the latest one.  And it seems like this system is going to be outstanding to say the least.

I like this death system a lot more than what other games have been doing recently.

Originally posted by Yordo
    I like this death system a lot more than what other games have been doing recently.

To me this death system is leaps and bounds ahead of what everyone else is doing it doesn't screw with your lvls so you won't unding but it makes death meaningfull and its possible to recover with out 2 much difficulty.

• IrdaIrda Member Posts: 6
    Death system sounds alot like it was on the ps version. It will make the tank think alot more.

Originally posted by Irda
    Death system sounds alot like it was on the ps version. It will make the tank think alot more.

Interesting point.  I agree with you.....I had never thought about it, but it will require the tank to not go charging head-on into battle and die every other time fighting.  I still like the idea though.

which is a great thing, a thinking tank is what i want not some auto and nap tank.