Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Whens the release date exactly?

I try to find it i have to read a book and it still dont tell me can someone please tell everyone here?  Thanks alot

Comments

• solymnarsolymnar Member Posts: 85

"This winter" is the closest the devs will get.  This winter means it could be as late as March 2007. 

Additionally the devs also specifically said that it will release when it is ready and if it needs to be delayed it will be.

So the ultimate answer is, it will be released when the devs feel it is ready.  Just because they are shooting for this winter doesn't mean it will happen.

Now I'm curious, why do you ask?  According to your other posts you have no interest in VG since SOE will be partially responcible for publishing the game.  Nothing wrong with that, its your call.  But posting that and now this seems a bit contradictory?

• DKidDKid Member Posts: 76
    I wont buy it im just wondering when it will come out so i can watch the progress if it turns out awesome i might but I doubt it will if sony has anything to do with it im happy playing diablo 2 right now im a god there after one year.
  • ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194

Brad said Vanguard will be released EXACTLY the 24th of December 2006 at 00:01:01 AM Pacific Time in US.
    You need also to answer the following before being allowed to buy a copy:
    1) You need to know what s the last time Brad shaved his goaty beard and when he washed it last time.
    2) How many bottles of wine George Bush drinks before a public speech.
    3) Will Iran manage to nuke Israel before the US nukes Iran?

For the unlucky ones who are not able to get a copy in time for Xmas, Santa Claus will provide free delivery, providing you ve been a good boy

• Nitsu62Nitsu62 Member Posts: 97

they say this Winter as was stated above.

I think it will be realeased in Febuary or March... january if they work themselves to death.

The game just started beta 3 (the longest beta phase)  they have said they will be doing a beta 4 and a beta 5 (openish beta). Once those are done then the game will be launched.  I don't expect beta 5 to last too long (as most open betas don't) maybe 2 weeks to a month or so.

I think beta 3 will last 2-4 months, ending in november or most likely december.

Beta 4 will probably last 2 months decemer - febuary.

beta 5 will go from febuary to the end of febuary...

Yeah... probably a march release LoL.  I bet it will be March. 

Current MMO of interest: Vanguard: Saga of Heroes
    MMO background: EQ, UO, AO, SWG, PS, EQ2, L2,EQoA, WoW, WWIIO, and AC2

• TrandTrand Member UncommonPosts: 234
    When its ready 

DOAC is still the MMO I judge other games by, My first and still my favorite.

• ZippyZippy Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,412

Originally posted by DKid
    I try to find it i have to read a book and it still dont tell me can someone please tell everyone here?  Thanks alot

The latest quote from Brad was they hoped it would be out between January and March if everything goes well.  Most likely that means between spring and summer of next year.