Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A question about Guild Wars.

NicooNicoo Member UncommonPosts: 236
Do i have to buy the first guild wars and every expansion if i wanna play with all features?
Or can I buy the latest and just play with it and patch it up :S?

Comments

• VaterexVaterex Member UncommonPosts: 379

Each Guild Wars is different. You dont have to have the first Guild Wars to play the 2nd and soon 3rd Guild Wars. Just buy the newest Guild Wars and play with all the old characters and 2 new added classes. The 3rd Guild Wars will have all the old classes from the 1st and 2nd just with 2 newer classes.

{image
  • TankerFtwTankerFtw Member Posts: 15
    Yeah once you get guild wars prophecies you will probably feel the urge to get factions after your first lvl 20. I Did but i didnt actually buy factions thought it was a waste of money because i got bored of the original Guild wars anyways.

n00b 4 LyFe

• AnawielAnawiel Member Posts: 98
    I've heard that there is an area where you can play mit others regardless if you have the original gw or factions. 

• Vertex1980Vertex1980 Member Posts: 951

Originally posted by Justice87

Each Guild Wars is different. You dont have to have the first Guild Wars to play the 2nd and soon 3rd Guild Wars. Just buy the newest Guild Wars and play with all the old characters and 2 new added classes. The 3rd Guild Wars will have all the old classes from the 1st and 2nd just with 2 newer classes.

I'm pretty sure the 3rd will only have 2 classes, and not all three.  They do that so you can't just buy the 3rd and have all the classes.  You have to buy each expansion pack to get the two new classes.

• courtdogcourtdog Member Posts: 73
    I believe that to play then extra race classes you will need to have the, so called expansion, that ithey came on. A game with a lvl cap of 20 - 30 just doesn't interest me that much, but i'm not a pvper either, if you are this is a great game. At least that is what I hear. Graphics look good though!! 
  • DrakonusDrakonus Member Posts: 135

Originally posted by Anawiel
    I've heard that there is an area where you can play mit others regardless if you have the original gw or factions. 

That would be in the Arena Islands...PVP only.

• DrakonusDrakonus Member Posts: 135

Originally posted by Vertex1980

Originally posted by Justice87

I'm pretty sure the 3rd will only have 2 classes, and not all three.  They do that so you can't just buy the 3rd and have all the classes.  You have to buy each expansion pack to get the two new classes.

Every expansion/stand-a-lone will have the original core six classes plus the new classes being introduced.  Whichever games you buy you'll always have the option to tie them together via a quest.