Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Addicted

outfctrloutfctrl Member UncommonPosts: 3,619

My name is outfctrl, and I am addicted to mmorpg's

mmorpg addiction help

I have 2-3 subscriptions to different games.  When a new game comes out, I have to buy it.

Games I have played:

A Tale in the Desert, Anarchy Online, Asheron's Call, Asherons Call 2,  Auto Assault, City of Heroes (Playing now), City of Villains (playing now), Dark Age of Camelot, EVE Online, EverQuest,  EverQuest II, Flyff, Graal Online, Guild Wars, Horizons, Irth Online, Jumpgate, Knight Online, Neocron, PlanetSide, Rise, Second Life, Shadowbane, Space Cowboy, Star Wars Galaxies, Matrix Online (beta), The Saga of Ryzom, The Sims Online, Toontown Online, Ultima Online(3 yrs), Vendetta Online, World of Warcraft (still playing), World War II Online, Earth and Beyond (played for 2 years) and There.

The ones highlghted above I beta tested too. 

Comments

• tigris67tigris67 Member UncommonPosts: 1,762

Well, I see that you're 55 years old on the user info...so with that said, I guess this can't hurt your life too much considering my parents are in their mid 50's(retired) and they just walk around the house bored and volunteer at the church because they have nothing to do once they quit their jobs. So if they were to play an MMO atleast that would give them something to do.

I am trying to say that if you were...lets say 12-30 years old and had an addiction. It would suck because you would skip going to college classes/work, ruin your relationship with your girlfriend, and basically neglect everyone. At you're age, I suppose its the best time to be addicted, with most of your responsibilities out of the way...

I'm not giving you a thumbs, up saying to keep up with the addiction, because it is one that can and will be expensive, but A start would be canning 2 of your subscriptions and only subbing to only one game.

(hope I didn't take this post too seriously)

Hi! My name is paper. Nerf scissors, rock is fine.
    MMORPG = Mostly Men Online Roleplaying Girls
    http://www.MichaelLuckhardt.com

• outfctrloutfctrl Member UncommonPosts: 3,619

It all started with Ultima Online back in 1997. Played for almost 3 years.  Now that one I was trully addicted to. I would skip work to Grand master blacksmithing. Set the alarm for all hours of the nite, checking on my(ahem macroing in my house.) character.  Soon I was filthy rich, 10 vendors, huge house and everything to go with it.  I had a mule that Grand mastered 5 skills, plus 5 other toons. 

I quit playing the game, but kept the account going just so I wouldnt have to lose everything I worked so hard for.  I finally sold my acct. on Ebay for around $350.00.

Since then...All I do is Beta test and buy games, play them for awhile, buy new ones and the cycle never ends.

I am still looking for a game to call home, nothing comes close to the depth of UO though.

LOL

• Stumpy26Stumpy26 Member Posts: 189
    I find EVE-online adictive especialy the comunity but thank god i can still make time to go swimming, cycling,fishing and stuff but i have to admit im also an addict.
  • GorukhaGorukha Member Posts: 1,441

Originally posted by outfctrl

mmorpg addiction help
    I have 2-3 subscriptions to different games.  When a new game comes out, I have to buy it.
    Games I have played:
    A Tale in the Desert, Anarchy Online, Asheron's Call, Asherons Call 2,  Auto Assault, City of Heroes (Playing now), City of Villains (playing now), Dark Age of Camelot, EVE Online, EverQuest,  EverQuest II, Flyff, Graal Online, Guild Wars, Horizons, Irth Online, Jumpgate, Knight Online, Neocron, PlanetSide, Rise, Second Life, Shadowbane, Space Cowboy, Star Wars Galaxies, Matrix Online (beta), The Saga of Ryzom, The Sims Online, Toontown Online, Ultima Online(3 yrs), Vendetta Online, World of Warcraft (still playing), World War II Online, Earth and Beyond (played for 2 years) and There.

Pfft you call yourself an addict ? LOL That's only a few games son, play a 100 more and you can join the big leauges :)

It's better be hated for who you are, than loved for who you aren't.

• ApocalypticaApocalyptica Member Posts: 491
    I really do not think it bad at all. If you enjoy what you are doing and have the time to do so, why not? There is no harm don eat all. I still play UO after 7 years and also have 1 - 2 other mmorpg's which I am trying out at the same time, always. I even have time still to do rl stuff. So don't be so hard on you. Enjoy your life the way you like :)

------------------------------------------------------
    Do I ever sleep?

• joshbosh2joshbosh2 Member Posts: 29
    runescape is addictive i cant stop playin it but i wanna find a different game now

Originally posted by joshbosh2
    runescape is addictive i cant stop playin it but i wanna find a different game now

Why not try UO....Thats an upgrade from runscape.

• Originally posted by outfctrl

mmorpg addiction help
    Games I have played:

Hehe, what do you think your life will be like when we get Virtual Reality MMOGs?

thanks for the info

hang on those graphics r rubbish and it costs money too
  • ObiyerObiyer Member Posts: 511

MMORPG addiction is two-sided. There is a good kind of MMORPG addiction, similar to being addicted to self-betterment, and the bad kind e.g., spending real life funds for virtual goods. If you have a goal in an MMORPG and you are trying to reach in responsibly then do whatever you can to achieve it.

If you feel like you're addicted you more than likely are, and it's time to take a step away from it and handle the real problem. This is different for every individual, but in most cases it's probably running or hiding from real life responsibilities or guilt. Truthfully, do what you think is right. Try to imagine yourself ten years from now, if you even feel a sting of regret -- stop. Be true to yourself. Life is too short for dishonesty. But, something tells me you know better than me.

• Lt.DeadendLt.Deadend Member Posts: 325

I didnt see Roma victor on your list,.It seems you had got addicted to the crafting an maintaining a shop in Ulitma and the depth that came with that game.Right now as it stands Roma victor has got up off its knee's,(bad launch) wich I think you must have seen befor.

I really do think if you have a open mind and know what your looking for you might find your "depth" in Roma victor.It just needs to get it playerbase back now,.with in the next month the game is going to be born and I hope that its launch didnt kill the game.

Im not going to say its the do all end all,.it still needs to improve,but If you are the way you say you are,you will not feel you waisted your cash.,.go try it.

• brownhackerbrownhacker Member Posts: 60
    Hey there, you can also try the new expansion of wow-Burning Crusade which will be released by next month, it is
    the exciting new expansion to Blizzard's award-winning massively
    multiplayer online role-playing game. It expands the game by tremendous
    bounds, adding new races, lands, Battlegrounds, professions and items,
    and more. :D

I play WoW very little now.  I basically keep that acct open for my teenage son.  He plays my warrior and has him decked out in all epics.  He is a master at PvP. I will buy Burning Crusade, just to keep up with the expansions.

I have been following Roma Victor for awhile and was going to get into it until I read some of the reviews and people talking about it.  Decided not to.  I play City of Heroes mostly, because I dont have time for long MC runs and the likes in WoW. 

In City of Heroes I have a 40 Empathy defender and a 32 Invul Tank.  So I play a few hours a nite while doing shots of tequila.  It relaxes me, playing my Defender, unless I get a gunho bunch of Blasters who think they are tanks.  Then I get stressed.

I might pick up a copy of Roma Victor if only to add it to my huge collection of games.  Here I go again.

• ApocalypticaApocalyptica Member Posts: 491
    hehe, tell me how it is when you tried it. Had a beta key and then did not manange to download it, since then never tried to play it again. Supposed to be interesting.

I am like you though, I just love my mmorg's. Like I said before If you like it and have fun, than carry on with it. I do as well :)

------------------------------------------------------
    Do I ever sleep?

• karlz0rkarlz0r Member Posts: 158
    I suggest you to start playing guitar. It helps to keep me away from computer.