Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EVE Customer Support

boncobolboncobol Member Posts: 1

I just had some dealings with EVE Customer Support they where a bunch of idiots and banned all my accounts for there own wrong doing they should be sacked for there incompetance.

Comments

• McgreagMcgreag Member UncommonPosts: 495

While they can be slow sometimes and make silly misstakes (like a corp member who got 2000 t2 torps reimbursed but they placed it in the cargo if his current ship which happened to be an interceptor. With that amount of overloaded cargo he was not allowed to warp and he was stuck in hostile space. So he contacted them again and this time they offered to move the torps to the station in the system. Only problem, it was held by enemis so he didn't have docking rights :) ).

BUT I have never seen them ban anyone who didn't deserve it. Lots of accusations but in the end it has always turned out to be a rightfull banning. So I have to assume you are lieing until proven otherwise.

"Memories are meant to fade. They're designed that way for a reason."

• TaniquetilTaniquetil Member Posts: 214

/signed

That about sums it all up

• HorashioHorashio Member Posts: 33

Originally posted by boncobol

I just had some dealings with EVE Customer Support they where a bunch of idiots and banned all my accounts for there own wrong doing they should be sacked for there incompetance.

I'm assuming you are leaving out the details because:

1.  You do not wish to bare witness against yourself
    2.  Because your account was banned because of the resulting tirade of said "dealings".
    3.  You are making this up
    4.  All of the above

If you want any pity from me you'll have to include some details.    Otherwise I'll assume you did something to deserve it.
  • AzirophosAzirophos Member Posts: 447

Bans aren't given lightly, and if it's not rightful, then CCP takes them back. I assume you did something that was not so nice and paid the price for it. Or do you think CCP bans people just for the fun of it? - especially people with more than one account.

------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by Mandolin

Designers need to move away from the old D&D level-based model which was never designed for player vs player combat in the first place.

• HerkmeckHerkmeck Member Posts: 206

I dont know what you did OP...I know I did'nt do a thing...and got my account DELEATED...Yes my 38 million sp character is no more  So I uninstalled Eve-online yesterday.  and repeat what I said before...

Careful who you piss off in game...you might lose more then you think.

And all I can think I did wrong was sneak up on a fella that just won a fight...and finished him off....of course that minor smack talk did'nt help any thing I am sure...but it was a sweet kill from 2600 meters and cruise missles....and I have been saying for years that the game needed lots of PVE content added, and I even figure out what kali is going to do to the game...and I did say that Sim comment...And I also know 15 characters/ and who their ISD/DEV alts are....and what Corp they are in...(funny thing...Not BoB)  So that is another thing they have me on....And I am NOT pissed off about this really I am not...before this I was only logging on to change skills anyway, for I had lost intrest with the game....And told them so...

Oh and their is the fact I told CCP they are not looking in the right places for new players...they completely ignore the 56k modem users...and wont support them with a "buyable" CD for the upgrades.

Tell you all what though...Got some Eve-online magazines comming I wont even open...make a serious good offer and I will pass them on to sombody that is playing the game.

• UnsivilizedUnsivilized Member Posts: 26
    All rumors and speculation......... Devs dont kick you for killing there alts...... nor do you get banned for minor offences i know from experience, ive had numerous warning for breaking EULA, im still part of the happy eve communit, ive never seen more lies and whineing other then here, and 38 mill SP i really doubt you care about PVE

• RekindleRekindle Member UncommonPosts: 1,206

I just have one question - How stupid do you think we are?

You come on these forums to slam CCP for banning your account for no reason when anyone who has ever had any dealings with multiple MMORPG companies can tell you that CCP is one of the best out there.

My bet is you did something stupid and you aren't oweing up to it.

• HerkmeckHerkmeck Member Posts: 206

You guys are really funny...they just told 940 Paying cutomers go take a hike.  We dont need you anymore.  And did they do anything wrong...they kept a good OS is all they did.  And I think 940 is low.

How can you tell if its a lie or speculation?

You cant...but your so in love with CCP that anything that happens to people like me and the OP must be a lie.

When I went to log on...account suspended.  Credit card rejected---Use Debet Card--same one for three years.  2k USD in bank.  Alpha account no less--means they pay it and charge me an overdraft.

Well when I went to update account...invalid password...funny...went to have password reset....User name...same for three years...E-mail account Same for 18 years  No match found...

Yeah tell me I am confused or somthing...

and for the record I am not slaming Eve-online or CCP.

• McgreagMcgreag Member UncommonPosts: 495

Hermeck sounds more to me like your account was hacked. I would suggest filing a petition here:
    http://support.eve-online.com/Pages/Petitions/CreatePetition.aspx
    Billing & Account Category, they are always fast in answering there.

As for the 940 people who can no longer play eve, one of the major reasons they can't is because CCP want to make it harder to hack accounts like yours.

"Memories are meant to fade. They're designed that way for a reason."

• mindspatmindspat Member Posts: 1,367

Originally posted by boncobol

I'm 99.99% confident you totally deserved it thus am glad to hear CCP is taking this action.

They are very generous in player retention through effectively handling issues that affect game play.  With the current state bannings in queue for those who exploit and cheat I am waiting to see more whine about being caught without admitting their faults.

Five Stars to CCP!!

And to the other guy who whines about having his account deleted then goes on to brag about his innapropriate chat:  Take care and have fun in something else. 

Some people lack good social skills regardless of it's a face-to-face encounter or through online interaction. 

• HorashioHorashio Member Posts: 33

Originally posted by Herkmeck

You guys are really funny...they just told 940 Paying cutomers go take a hike.  We dont need you anymore.  And did they do anything wrong...they kept a good OS is all they did.  And I think 940 is low.

and for the record I am not slaming Eve-online or CCP.

You equate them updating their client to a point where it no longer accepts windows 98 as telling them to "take a hike?"   940 people need to update thier operating systems so the other 200,000 people can enjoy a more streamline and effiecient game. 

THE NEEDS OF THE MANY OUT WEIGHT the needs of the few.

after reading this little tid bit I can say with great certainty that your opinions about the game mean nothing to me.
  • SobaManSobaMan Member Posts: 384

Originally posted by Mcgreag

Hermeck sounds more to me like your account was hacked. I would suggest filing a petition here:
    As for the 940 people who can no longer play eve, one of the major reasons they can't is because CCP want to make it harder to hack accounts like yours.

Win98 users should be able to play after the next patch though.  I could be wrong, it could be permanent, but I do believe its only a temperary thing until they figure out some things (what things, I have no clue...), but I do believe the hacking is one.

We can agree to disagree, or we can bicker constantly... either way, I'm right.
    SobaKai.com
    There are two types of people in this world - people that suck... and me.
  • LordSlaterLordSlater Member Posts: 2,087

Originally posted by SobaMan

Win98 users should be able to play after the next patch though.  I could be wrong, it could be permanent, but I do believe its only a temperary thing until they figure out some things (what things, I have no clue...), but I do believe the hacking is one.

Actually the reason OS like windows 98 were made not to work now is because microsoft no longer supports it. CCP needs microsofts support when it comes to patches and programs dont ask me why i have no idea but that was what was basically said by the devs. Also to the OP i suspect you were either caught macromining or were caught buying money of a isk seller site thats assuming its not just a case of you forgetting your password.

• RekindleRekindle Member UncommonPosts: 1,206

This thread is evidence that ignorance is no longer bliss.

Had we believed the 'agressors' in this thread than we would be led to believe CCP randomly bans people who petition for customer support and hate anyone who uses Windows 98.

• ArcticblueArcticblue Member Posts: 270

Well I can say that a friend of mine ingame did gank a GM's ship (no not one of those jove ships) well he and some friends.

The GM came to investigate reports about the 400 shuttles that where in the system around the gate... he came in, lost his ship got mad .. warned them all that they had a few hours to remove all the shuttles.

My friend still play the game!!! -9.8 sec status but he don't complain.

All my dealings with the GM's and custom support have been positive, even when I have got a negative answer to my petitions.

• UnsivilizedUnsivilized Member Posts: 26

Exactley, and for those 940 people FFS its 2006 get a new OS its not 1998, and the main reason is because windows itself no longer offers suport for those OS's

• RAF-doodRAF-dood Member Posts: 65

I just love reading the responces of the rabid fans of this game, they defend CCP's action without having any information one way or another and yet won't even acknowledge that the guy might have a legitimate gripe. Granted he hasn't voiced what it is but you are so blinded that you immediately jump on the guy because hes venting his frustrations. Stop blasting this guy for knocking Eve without at least giving him the opportunity to lay it all out, if hes full of it then show him the error of his ways, if he has a legit gripe then you'd be wise to see what it is and work it with him otherwise you might find yourself venting here one of these days.

Yeah I know I knock this game continuously, but that doesn't invalidate this post.

• LordSlaterLordSlater Member Posts: 2,087

Originally posted by RAF-dood

I just love reading the responces of the rabid fans of this game, they defend CCP's action without having any information one way or another and yet won't even acknowledge that the guy might have a legitimate gripe. Granted he hasn't voiced what it is but you are so blinded that you immediately jump on the guy because hes venting his frustrations. Stop blasting this guy for knocking Eve without at least giving him the opportunity to lay it all out, if hes full of it then show him the error of his ways, if he has a legit gripe then you'd be wise to see what it is and work it with him otherwise you might find yourself venting here one of these days.
    Yeah I know I knock this game continuously, but that doesn't invalidate this post.

For once i agree with you true the OP is a bit suspicious but as we say in UK courts innocent till proven guilty.

Now i say to the OP please tell all.

• tennotsukaitennotsukai Member Posts: 26

Originally posted by Arcticblue

Well I can say that a friend of mine ingame did gank a GM's ship (no not one of those jove ships) well he and some friends.
    The GM came to investigate reports about the 400 shuttles that where in the system around the gate... he came in, lost his ship got mad .. warned them all that they had a few hours to remove all the shuttles.
    My friend still play the game!!! -9.8 sec status but he don't complain.
    All my dealings with the GM's and custom support have been positive, even when I have got a negative answer to my petitions.

Sorry... I'm going to have to call BS here..

The GMs fly about in Polaris frigates which... have 99.9% resists all round on both shield and armour, massive amounts of shields and armour.. a shield recharge that puts capital shield boosters to shame and most importrant;y can not be targeted..