Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I hate my family.(a long rant)

So it seems that i (the black sheep as it were) have actually turned out to be the 1 child of 3 that has made something of himself through self reliance and a kickass workethic.

Before i get into a rant let me tell you about myself.

Ill be as honest as possible.Im not educated in the halls of higher learning but ive a feeling i will be going to school soon as im at a crossroads in my life.

Ive worked hard my whole life as ive been on my own since 16 and have never really asked for any help whatsover from my parents or otherwise.At this point in my life i now have a wife whom i love very much,and now even more because she gave me my beautiful daughter who just turned 3.I live in a fairly nice part of town for middle class and my mother in law lives with us too.

Now then on to the hate.

My brother is a Sociopath.I talk to this loser twice a year and only if i have to.Thanksgiving and New year's.He has 2 kids and is divorced.His exwife isnt much better.His kids are headed down a road that sickens me to no end.His now 14 year old son has needed braces for his teeth for 6 years running.

Here is what he did XMAS morning 3 years ago.We go to my parents house XMAS morning for breakfast and to open presents.This takes most of the frickin day as my control freak of a dad hands out the damn presents 1 at a time.I really hate this as i would really really really LOVE to just stay home and not do a damn thing.We are ususally there for at least 6 hours and (did i mention this) i frickin hate it.

ANYWAY>>>After the presnts are opened my brother says "i need to leave".Ok im thinking where the hell are you going?After all its CHRISTMAS DAY your whole family is HERE.Not only did he leave to take presnts to the woman's kids he met on the internet but he didnt even get his OWN kids anything for Christmas.So my father has to take his son's kids to meet the exwife at the local mall parking lot.Turns out my brother told my dad the wrong time to meet her there and he had to wait for 2 hours on her.

Yeah it was a merry xmas that year.

This is the socalled man that to this day my father puts up on a pedestal.

God i hate my family.

Now then on to my sister and her "special child".(thats the worst ill say about her kid)

So my sister has a kid with this crackhead,alchoholic F%^&*@G redneck whom i will forever be connected to because she cant keep her legs together.So my sister is mid 40's now.Every relationship she has ever had has been with a married man.Im not shittin you here folks every 1 of them.This includes the current father of her child.

So the day im moving out my mom and dad are attending a damn college football game.No big deal i planned it that way.I had an apartment to move into as well as a good job AND finishing high school.So she is living at home as well and she is in her mid 20's at the time.

So im actually making her look bad by gettin the hell out at 16 right?

Well i had some pot that i was looking forward to when i got settled in for the night.Inbetween 1 of the trips back and forth the bitch stole it from me.I called her out.It went like this:"Give me my pot or i will tell mom and dad your current boyfriend(whom they had met and loved to death)is married and has 2 kids."

She told them the next day.

So here is what really gets to me now.

I live a Tenth of a mile from my mother and father.They never call me they never come to see their 3 year old granddaughter who talks about them ALL THE FRICKING TIME!!!

It absolutley tears my heart out.

My sister on the other hand lives 55 miles away.They have her kid every weekend.Without going into detail my sister is not married and owns her business.So everytime my mom and dad want keep her little brat she is more than happy to let them do it.She will even drive down here to drop her off.Everytime i think i can get my daughter some 1 on 1 bonding time with grandma guess who is there.

So yeah i hate my family.If i could move to the other side of the world i would.

I have talked to my parents on several occasions about this.Its one of the real life conversations that you cant beleive you have to have.The reason they give is this:"Since your sister is not married we feel it is our duty to provide a more stable environment for our grandaughter.Part of this is making sure she has a father figure."

I understand this concept.Really i do.

2 things:

1.My dad is NOT my niece's father.
2.By doing this my daughter loses out on having a grandfather and a grandmother.

On the other hand my wife's family is so close and loving it is amazing.My wife's cousin and her husband and son are the godparents and "god brother" for my daughter.Without my wife's family i wouldnt know what to do.

So there ya go.I had to rant somewhere and i figured this was as good a place as any.Is there anyone else in this situation out there?How did you handle it?

More specifficaly: im considering writing my mom and dad a letter.But ive always felt regret about things being said or written down as they come back to bite ya on the ass.

In hindsite my mom amd dad have been less and less supportive of anything i do in the last few years.Oh did i mention im the ONLY naturally born kid in my family?Yup the other 2 adopted.

Thanks for any advice you guys got for me.

Want to ENJOY an mmo?

Dont start a guild and dont be a leader or volunteer to be coleader or captain.

Just play the damn game:)

Comments

• LathialLathial Member UncommonPosts: 166

First of all- you need to grow up! NO-ONE will ever live up to your expectations- no-one ever. Once you get over that, you'll feel much better.

I dont know where to start-  you were mad at your dad because he made you stay all day opening presents and you're mad at your brother for leaving?  sounds more like jealousy than anything else.

Im not going to break down the rest of your post- but I'll leave you with a final word or two-

Stop blaming everyone else!

Good Luck-

• PuoltryPuoltry Member Posts: 956
    Well ok ...im not blaming anyone at all.I guess the core of it is this:How do i get my mom and dad to WANT to spend more time with their grandaughter.

Did you read the part where i moved out when i was 16?

Where was i blaming anyone?

This was all about hate not about someone taking responibilty for my life because in reality i really do have a good 1 just a shit family from whence i came.

Want to ENJOY an mmo?

• KuzzleKuzzle Member Posts: 1,058

Originally posted by Lathial

First of all- you need to grow up! NO-ONE will ever live up to your expectations- no-one ever. Once you get over that, you'll feel much better.
    I dont know where to start-  you were mad at your dad because he made you stay all day opening presents and you're mad at your brother for leaving?  sounds more like jealousy than anything else.
    Im not going to break down the rest of your post- but I'll leave you with a final word or two-
    Good Luck-

Wow, Lath. You're an ass.  I mean, hell, he was saying that they bug him, not "OMG, they ruined my life!"

On a different note, I've never met anyone with a good family. Well, I'm sure I have, but I haven't met their family, so if they had a good one, I don't know. I have a really messed up family as well, but, I mean... not that messed up. I mean, no offense, but it could be because I'm 17, and my brother's 18, so we don't have as many problems...

Sorry I can't offer any advice, dude, but... If I were you, I'd move further away from my own family, and closer to my wife's. That is, if they don't live in the same area. Yeah, see... I don't like people, so... I mean, I've never wanted to be around my family, so I don't really understand when people are like "I missed you!" when you talked to them on the phone just the other day, and stuff. I know that doesn't really apply to your situation, just saying that it wouldn't bother me to move. But moving gets so expensive, and I understand you probably want your little bundle of joy to have grandparents, so, yeah...

I don't know, I didn't have any family that lived near me other than my immediate family for most of the time when I was growing up. Well, if you don't count my uncle. He lived with us when I was little, but he was more like a brother. He's kind of a crazy biblethumper, though, so I don't like speaking to him anymore.

Originally posted by Kuzzle

Good Luck-

Wow, Lath. You're an ass.  I mean, hell, he was saying that they bug him, not "OMG, they ruined my life!"

On a different note, I've never met anyone with a good family. Well, I'm sure I have, but I haven't met their family, so if they had a good one, I don't know. I have a really messed up family as well, but, I mean... not that messed up. I mean, no offense, but it could be because I'm 17, and my brother's 18, so we don't have as many problems...

Sorry I can't offer any advice, dude, but... If I were you, I'd move further away from my own family, and closer to my wife's. That is, if they don't live in the same area. Yeah, see... I don't like people, so... I mean, I've never wanted to be around my family, so I don't really understand when people are like "I missed you!" when you talked to them on the phone just the other day, and stuff. I know that doesn't really apply to your situation, just saying that it wouldn't bother me to move. But moving gets so expensive, and I understand you probably want your little bundle of joy to have grandparents, so, yeah...

I don't know, I didn't have any family that lived near me other than my immediate family for most of the time when I was growing up. Well, if you don't count my uncle. He lived with us when I was little, but he was more like a brother. He's kind of a crazy biblethumper, though, so I don't like speaking to him anymore.

Interesting  i too have a general hatred for all things labled "people".

Want to ENJOY an mmo?

Originally posted by Puoltry
    Well ok ...im not blaming anyone at all.I guess the core of it is this:How do i get my mom and dad to WANT to spend more time with their grandaughter.

Ooh! Ooh! I know! Give her a box of chocolate covered raisins! Old people love those things!  Just joking. Seriously, though, I wish I had some right now...  I love those things...

Ooh! Ooh! I know! Give her a box of chocolate covered raisins! Old people love those things!  Just joking. Seriously, though, I wish I had some right now...  I love those things...

LOL!!

That might work as well.BTW ill be even further down the list soon as im going catholic.Moma and dad are southern baptist.

Want to ENJOY an mmo?

• porgieporgie Member Posts: 1,516

LOL!!

That might work as well.BTW ill be even further down the list soon as im going catholic.Moma and dad are southern baptist.

I'm just curious.  How did you end up Catholic if your parents are evangelical?  What made you convert?

I always wonder about these things. 

-----------------------
    </OBAMA>

LOL!!

First tell them that you're switching to some really, uh... "foreign"? Yeah, sure, that works... Some really foreign religion, then when they're like "Why the hell would you do that?!" be like "Ok, fine, I'll be Catholic, then... sheesh." Maybe that'll soften the blow. If it doesn't, well... *shrug* They shouldn't be too annoyed with you.
  • cornoffcobcornoffcob Member Posts: 860

Originally posted by porgie

Originally posted by Puoltry Well ok ...im not blaming anyone at all.I guess the core of it is this:How do i get my mom and dad to WANT to spend more time with their grandaughter.
    Ooh! Ooh! I know! Give her a box of chocolate covered raisins! Old people love those things! Just joking. Seriously, though, I wish I had some right now... I love those things...
    LOL!!That might work as well.BTW ill be even further down the list soon as im going catholic.Moma and dad are southern baptist.I'm just curious. How did you end up Catholic if your parents are evangelical? What made you convert?
    I always wonder about these things. image

pfft but of course armanianists are so much better than calvanists.::::12::

I hope some day we can all put aside our racisms and prejudices and just laugh at people

Good Luck-

I know- I was harsh- But, I was also being honest.  Anyone who calls their sister a crackhead who cant keep her legs together needs some harsh reality- These are public forums...I just cant imagine flaying my family like this. 

In all honesty- this is not the 'proper' place to air your laundry.  Expect flames, dissension, and hard critics.

On the otherhand- if you would have said my sister hates everyone in the LotR beta- I would agree with you like all the rest of the wussy posters.

Lath

Originally posted by porgie

LOL!!

I'm just curious.  How did you end up Catholic if your parents are evangelical?  What made you convert?

I always wonder about these things. 

Well after going with the wife to services for so many years ive seen both sides of the coin here.Its a live and let live kind of religious aspect i suppose.

Most catholic churches(in my experience anyway)serve the community.I mean this in a literal sense.The church i attend runs a soup kitchen and a "thrift shop" for people who need help.I like this as it is helping people and giving a hand when it is needed most.

Baptist in my area do it at a convenient time imho Xmas thanksgiving etc etc.The church i attended as a child was in a predominatly rich part of town(buckhead in Atlanta,ga).Now what community are they actually serving?Not to mention that most priests and nuns live in a donated home and usually take vows of poverty.

A baptist preacher on the other hand gets a salary.

Ive had a bit of time to think this through as you can see.

Want to ENJOY an mmo?

Good Luck-

I know- I was harsh- But, I was also being honest.  Anyone who calls their sister a crackhead who cant keep her legs together needs some harsh reality- These are public forums...I just cant imagine flaying my family like this. 

In all honesty- this is not the 'proper' place to air your laundry.  Expect flames, dissension, and hard critics.

On the otherhand- if you would have said my sister hates everyone in the LotR beta- I would agree with you like all the rest of the wussy posters.

Lath

Um i didnt call HER a crackhead but the father of her child.I too was being honest about her legs sorry i offended you.She isnt a crackhead at all just stupid about her life choices.

BTW brutal honesty is something im a fan of its just that you apparently didnt read the posting or misinterpreted it.I find it interesting that YOU can be honest but i cant be as honest about my family whom you have never met.

From the state of my family you can see why at 16 i decided for MYSELF that i would be better off AWAY from them.Have you EVER met a 16 year old that can make such a choice?Ever met a 16 year old that lives alone holds down a full time job and actually finishes high school?

If you have then perhaps you can imagine what drove them to NOT want to live at home?

If anyone is in a place to judge here its me not you.

Got anything else?

Did you actually read my post?

Want to ENJOY an mmo?

Good Luck-

Lath

Um i didnt call HER a crackhead but the father of her child.I too was being honest about her legs sorry i offended you.She isnt a crackhead at all just stupid about her life choices.

BTW brutal honesty is something im a fan of its just that you apparently didnt read the posting or misinterpreted it.I find it interesting that YOU can be honest but i cant be as honest about my family whom you have never met.

From the state of my family you can see why at 16 i decided for MYSELF that i would be better off AWAY from them.Have you EVER met a 16 year old that can make such a choice?Ever met a 16 year old that lives alone holds down a full time job and actually finishes high school?

If you have then perhaps you can imagine what drove them to NOT want to live at home?

Got anything else?

Your right- you didnt acually call your sister a crackhead.  I misread that part; Although, my point was about airing your laundry on a gaming forum. (im guessing however that she smokes with him...)

I never said you can't be honest- I said expect dissent and criticism.  ie. Me

BTW- I was on my own before I was 16 (the reasons I wont air on these forums)- I didnt even have a car till I was 20.  I finished highschool while working fulltime.  Then went to college.  B.S. Comp Science from UT Austin.  Worked for Dell and General Bandwidth- embedded software-Voice over broadband.  Currently im working on my masters in administraion at UNT.  So to answer your question..yea i know someone

Lath ;)

Good Luck-

Lath

Got anything else?

Your right- you didnt acually call your sister a crackhead.  I misread that part; Although, my point was about airing your laundry on a gaming forum. (im guessing however that she smokes with him...)

BTW- I was on my own before I was 16 (the reasons I wont air on these forums)- I didnt even have a car till I was 20.  I finished highschool while working fulltime.  Then went to college.  B.S. Comp Science from UT Austin.  Worked for Dell and General Bandwidth- embedded software-Voice over broadband.  Currently im working on my masters in administraion at UNT.  So to answer your question..yea i know someone

Lath ;)

Im gonna throw down one last post before bed; I hope this has more widom than cynicism.

Have you ever posted something (or said) that you would like to take back?  I would like to take back my posts.  Im not in your shoes; I cannot fix your problem nor help you in any practical way within this forum.

You situation is a lot like mine was, years ago.  I also had anger toward my family and it drained me.  I wont be in the same zip-code as my step-father; Its dangerous for us both. I grew up in Salt Lake City, UT- you can draw your own conclusions/.

Honestly, I blame (if blame is the right inflection) the Nuclear Family Structure - thats the scientific name- or anthropological name...Its new and "western" or "American".  Its basicly the entrepeneurial family: when you are '18' your parents kick you out- to make it on your own.

The Nuclear family structure is not the dominant global family structure.  The Extended Family Structure is- this is where the grandparents-children and grandchildren all live under one roof. This is where the whole family works and lives together.  The parents take care of the children who in turn take care of them when they get older. Im sure you can see where im going with this already...

The Nuclear Family is destoying our families-relationships.  Parents have children and when they are 18- they kick them out onto the street.  The children return the favor and rent furnished closets for them to die in- alone and scared.

Thats my theory-  Good Luck to you and yours. I wish you the best.

Lath

• JackcoltJackcolt Member UncommonPosts: 2,170

Don't take lath too serious. He also posted a link to a Desert Eagle in a thread, where a guy needed help on how to talk to his father about his anger problem. He said recommended one of those.

• KhuzarrzKhuzarrz Member Posts: 578

On a different note, I've never met anyone with a good family.

I have... And they're all the people I'd HATE to be... The brainwashed christian types... Or the royalist prick type. Lovely people... I'd just hate to have such narrow perspectives as them... But their families work really well... Bastards...

Originally posted by Khuzarrz

On a different note, I've never met anyone with a good family.

I have... And they're all the people I'd HATE to be... The brainwashed christian types... Or the royalist prick type. Lovely people... I'd just hate to have such narrow perspectives as them... But their families work really well... Bastards...

Oh my word, yes!  I love the tone of that post. Maybe it's because I'm, uh... "strange in the head", but for some reason, I find that a pleasure to read! It's like, I agree, but it's also like... I don't know how to describe it. It's mildly entertaining, and, just, I don't know... awesome! It's like when those little JuJuBees(sp?) get stuck on your teeth, but in a good way. Now, JuJuBees aren't on my top candy list, but it's the sensation. Like, if you didn't have to sit there and suck them off your teeth, I mean. I guess what I mean to say is: "Your post is chalk(?) full of stick-to-your-teeth goodness!" Awesome goodtime, yes!
  • Bama1267Bama1267 Member UncommonPosts: 1,822
    If you dont like your family...dont talk to em. Pretty sure since youve been living on your own since you were 16 ....and oh so more obviously mature and better than the rest of your family...you can get over it. For some reason, i dont think your family is probably that bad...and more so probably just an exageration of facts in your words.
  • viadiviadi Member Posts: 816

i have 7 brothers and 2 sisters. yep, you heard me right 7 brothers.

anyway after my mothers death when i was 16 family politics got a little compicated. my farther moved away to another town and only took some of my brothers and one of my sisters. he moved in with his new partner (im not that keen on her... or him for that matter) and she was very strict with my brothers/sister driving each one out of the house within 18 months

im not sure why he let it happen, for my own sanity i say greef. but i know not hell nor high water could have come between me and my kids at a time when they needed me like we needed him.

so anyway at this point i was 18 and had just started to talk with my dad again i had my 13 y/o old brother living with me (he was supposed to be in the care of the local athuorties but ran away all the time to live with me) i was his mom and dad but because of my age and inexperance i failed him my older brothers were all married but only one of them had kids my other two other younger brothers moved about one started to steel and rob and took drugs and ended up in prision that other lived with an ant my little sister lived with her mother (she is really my cousin but lived with us from 3 months old as her mother was a junkie at that time so I've allways called he my sister)

anyway my youngest brother ( that one that lived with me) failed at school and started smoking way too much pot (I've smoked it but not that much and not that often) and the family all blamed me for not doing my job and talking care of him.

anyway i managed to get him off drugs (pot) and into the army and now i stay away from my whole family i get and send xmas cards to my dad about 2-3 times a year one of my brothers will stop by and i we also send cards but not with all my brothers/sisters

in just a few short years a very close family that had dinner together every night now feel like strangers when they force themself to vist one and other and i bet (infact i know) the last time all of us siblins were together was my mothers funaral. back in 1996

Tin Foil hats dont work.. its all a conspiracy

Good Luck-

Lath

Got anything else?

Lath ;)

Im gonna throw down one last post before bed; I hope this has more widom than cynicism.

Have you ever posted something (or said) that you would like to take back?  I would like to take back my posts.  Im not in your shoes; I cannot fix your problem nor help you in any practical way within this forum.

You situation is a lot like mine was, years ago.  I also had anger toward my family and it drained me.  I wont be in the same zip-code as my step-father; Its dangerous for us both. I grew up in Salt Lake City, UT- you can draw your own conclusions/.

Honestly, I blame (if blame is the right inflection) the Nuclear Family Structure - thats the scientific name- or anthropological name...Its new and "western" or "American".  Its basicly the entrepeneurial family: when you are '18' your parents kick you out- to make it on your own.

The Nuclear family structure is not the dominant global family structure.  The Extended Family Structure is- this is where the grandparents-children and grandchildren all live under one roof. This is where the whole family works and lives together.  The parents take care of the children who in turn take care of them when they get older. Im sure you can see where im going with this already...

The Nuclear Family is destoying our families-relationships.  Parents have children and when they are 18- they kick them out onto the street.  The children return the favor and rent furnished closets for them to die in- alone and scared.

Thats my theory-  Good Luck to you and yours. I wish you the best.

Lath

Good luck to you as well nice to know im not the only 1 with a screwed up background.It just feels that way sometimes.TBH i was just looking for a place to rant.

Want to ENJOY an mmo?

Originally posted by Bama1267
    If you dont like your family...dont talk to em. Pretty sure since youve been living on your own since you were 16 ....and oh so more obviously mature and better than the rest of your family...you can get over it. For some reason, i dont think your family is probably that bad...and more so probably just an exageration of facts in your words.

Good point.We always assume that noone has it as bad as we do.

Families are psycho i think we can all agree on that.

Want to ENJOY an mmo?