Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fast take on tonights Stratics

2»

Comments

• StarnickStarnick Member Posts: 140
    If only heh...

Nearly all of the old corro's keep in touch through sekrit hidden underground networks, one of the old ones actually listed his time as a corro on his job resume and it helped him through his round of interviews (the interviewer knew about SWG).

• jrscottjrscott Member Posts: 1,252

Originally posted by Starnick
    If only heh...

Nearly all of the old corro's keep in touch through sekrit hidden underground networks, one of the old ones actually listed his time as a corro on his job resume and it helped him through his round of interviews (the interviewer knew about SWG).

No way this is true!  Lies!!!!  Maybe a job as speechwriter/spin doctor for a politician.  Just kidding, the wit gets dull if you don't use it. 

Seriously, if the job required maintaining a positive attitude in the face of serious adversity and constant verbal abuse, I can see where this would be a useful skill.  

I realize I said I quit. I never said it was forever :)

Originally posted by jrscott

If only heh...

No way this is true!  Lies!!!!  Maybe a job as speechwriter/spin doctor for a politician.  Just kidding, the wit gets dull if you don't use it. 

Seriously, if the job required maintaining a positive attitude in the face of serious adversity and constant verbal abuse, I can see where this would be a useful skill.  

If I remember right it was more listed towards the reasons of organization skills, etc. From my own experience, there's quite a lot of that and it hasn't changed since the corro times.
  • MX13MX13 Member Posts: 2,489

Btw fyi, I'm going into retirement...been thinking about it since Pub 24 and only put it off to hopefully see commando actually become decent. With college starting up and me being extremely busy (I should be asleep right now...I had 6 classes/12 hour day and Im amazed Im even awake (got a morning class later today!) let alone forming complete sentences.

Too bad, it was fun to chat... but I guess the days ofbeing pulled to play SWG are long gone...

I'll start my own SWG... with Black Jack... and Hookers!!!

In fact, forget the SWG!!!!

• Wildcat84Wildcat84 Member Posts: 2,304

Originally posted by Obraik

Originally posted by Wildcat84

They don't have the power to lock me out here.

Any SWG Senator who posts here though is going to find themself very unwelcome.  We are the people they betrayed.

A challenge:  Any Senator, please state, with specificity ONE positive thing you have accomplished.  Just one. 

Lol, what, you're going to call them names?   I'm sure they've never had to deal with that before

What's even more, wildcat...just from this thread alone (and I could go back to countless other posts and threads, hell you even said in one post a while ago that you're using piss-color for our names):

"I was banned to protect the worthless piss names."

"GarVa (who has a lower IQ than the average rock)"

"You are nothing but suck up synchophants"

Saying you never hurled an insult is lol, too funny. ALL you do when you talk about SOE and us is throw mud (mostly name calling), they're still insults regardless. You can't say, oh...that's my opinion that senators are worthless piss names, so its not an insult. Insults don't have to be vulgar to be insulting you prince of whales.

Anyways as for your challenge...you guys still hold a belief that we can, on whim, change the course and direction of game development. It's rare, very rare to have that direct influence. Does our feedback change things? Maybe, it can be too hard to tell...to be honest, I liked the corro system better but that's just me.

But in regards to direct positive change....pre-Pub 27, shortly before the revamped HWs went onto TC the plan to make them all general weapons, with commandos only having exclusive access/perks to Class-II HWs was changed in favor of just 2 general HWs, and the rest being returned to the profession where they rightfully belonged.

I remember TH in response to someone on the gameplay said that my efforts on the GS changed their minds (although I think they got too ambitious with the idea, and Class-IIs may have been far too big to bring out in a timely manner...since they haven't been re-activating the disabled HWs as they originally wanted to every few publishes...and making Pub 27 mostly a commando-HW publish probably was more economical).

That was 1 of 2 times I actually had somewhat of a direct impact on development. The other was  after a huge stink I made on the corro forums regarding commando before Pub-24 where SOE finally put a dev on to sort out HW AoE and several commando issues to tide us over + implement (finally) HW specials, it was also the first time I really worked with a dev actively on TC sorting out bugs (almost did that with CU, but it fizzled out for some reason...prolly why AoE was never fixed during CU Beta).

Although I can't be sure if I really did have an impact or the time finally came. The Pub 24 commando fixes + specials (that...sadly needed improvement) was after 8 months of ranting and bitching....and the Pub 27 changes were after 2 or so months of some major heated discussions.

And if you say "But those are just commando stuff", I in effect represented and do continue to represent the commando community. A senator doesn't, and can't represent the entire community...that's like saying Joe Lieberman represents me as well as people in every state. But that doesn't mean that we don't agree with some of your more finer points of why the NGE sucks.

I could probably dig for a lot more various misc stuff and my posts about them, but its harder to tell if you had any real impact on the more general issues since the devs take a lot of feedback and most of those posts would come under as positive feedback/suggestions/attention to vital bugs-issues/etc more than positive accomplishments, as the dev's again don't follow our whims nor ever really develop systems exactly according to grandoise proposals from us (which I wish wasn't true). It's a lot of little stuff really, but as you said you wanted positive accomplishments and I gave you two.

Though just to comment, I really wish I could've seen the Pub 24 commando fixes/specials on live more, and have those specials actually up to snuff. Pre-CU commando was ok, but the high heat resists, scant defenses, HAR/FT not having AP, and the consumable HWs being a mess were the bane of the profession. If the NGE didn't come, the Pub 24 changes eventually would've given us a commando prof that was actually pretty good...rather than stripping it away and forcing us to wait another 2 pubs, then one more after the nerf in Pub 28 to a good commando (so far, the only real thing I support in the NGE is how commando turned out...after 3 attempts, it's actually where it should be - go figure).

I do flame here.  I admit this.  I am bitter.  I am angry.  And I take it out on you all here.

On the SWG forums, never.

Over there, Flame=criticism that is TRUE.

You are going by GarVa (who has the IQ of spit on a squirrel)'s definition of flames.

The Senate needs to commit forum sepukku if you ever want to have respect from the players.  We see you as part OF the problem, not part of the solution.

Resign or show some backbone.  Time to seperate the Senate from the NGE cocksuckers. You guys and gals are, as we say in Kentucky, "Fir" us or "again" us.  Make your choice.  Time to CHOOSE.  There is no gray area.

• UnagiUnagi Member Posts: 99
    Wildcat, your tantrums provide me endless amusement.

• Wildcat84Wildcat84 Member Posts: 2,304

Originally posted by Unagi
    Wildcat, your tantrums provide me endless amusement.

Someone needs to kick you in the nads to motivate you.

• ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261

Any SWG Senator who posts here though is going to find themself very unwelcome.  We are the people they betrayed.

A challenge:  Any Senator, please state, with specificity ONE positive thing you have accomplished.  Just one. 

Lol, what, you're going to call them names?   I'm sure they've never had to deal with that before

What's even more, wildcat...just from this thread alone (and I could go back to countless other posts and threads, hell you even said in one post a while ago that you're using piss-color for our names):

Saying you never hurled an insult is lol, too funny. ALL you do when you talk about SOE and us is throw mud (mostly name calling), they're still insults regardless. You can't say, oh...that's my opinion that senators are worthless piss names, so its not an insult. Insults don't have to be vulgar to be insulting you prince of whales.

Anyways as for your challenge...you guys still hold a belief that we can, on whim, change the course and direction of game development. It's rare, very rare to have that direct influence. Does our feedback change things? Maybe, it can be too hard to tell...to be honest, I liked the corro system better but that's just me.

But in regards to direct positive change....pre-Pub 27, shortly before the revamped HWs went onto TC the plan to make them all general weapons, with commandos only having exclusive access/perks to Class-II HWs was changed in favor of just 2 general HWs, and the rest being returned to the profession where they rightfully belonged.

I remember TH in response to someone on the gameplay said that my efforts on the GS changed their minds (although I think they got too ambitious with the idea, and Class-IIs may have been far too big to bring out in a timely manner...since they haven't been re-activating the disabled HWs as they originally wanted to every few publishes...and making Pub 27 mostly a commando-HW publish probably was more economical).

That was 1 of 2 times I actually had somewhat of a direct impact on development. The other was  after a huge stink I made on the corro forums regarding commando before Pub-24 where SOE finally put a dev on to sort out HW AoE and several commando issues to tide us over + implement (finally) HW specials, it was also the first time I really worked with a dev actively on TC sorting out bugs (almost did that with CU, but it fizzled out for some reason...prolly why AoE was never fixed during CU Beta).

Although I can't be sure if I really did have an impact or the time finally came. The Pub 24 commando fixes + specials (that...sadly needed improvement) was after 8 months of ranting and bitching....and the Pub 27 changes were after 2 or so months of some major heated discussions.

And if you say "But those are just commando stuff", I in effect represented and do continue to represent the commando community. A senator doesn't, and can't represent the entire community...that's like saying Joe Lieberman represents me as well as people in every state. But that doesn't mean that we don't agree with some of your more finer points of why the NGE sucks.

I could probably dig for a lot more various misc stuff and my posts about them, but its harder to tell if you had any real impact on the more general issues since the devs take a lot of feedback and most of those posts would come under as positive feedback/suggestions/attention to vital bugs-issues/etc more than positive accomplishments, as the dev's again don't follow our whims nor ever really develop systems exactly according to grandoise proposals from us (which I wish wasn't true). It's a lot of little stuff really, but as you said you wanted positive accomplishments and I gave you two.

Though just to comment, I really wish I could've seen the Pub 24 commando fixes/specials on live more, and have those specials actually up to snuff. Pre-CU commando was ok, but the high heat resists, scant defenses, HAR/FT not having AP, and the consumable HWs being a mess were the bane of the profession. If the NGE didn't come, the Pub 24 changes eventually would've given us a commando prof that was actually pretty good...rather than stripping it away and forcing us to wait another 2 pubs, then one more after the nerf in Pub 28 to a good commando (so far, the only real thing I support in the NGE is how commando turned out...after 3 attempts, it's actually where it should be - go figure).

I do flame here.  I admit this.  I am bitter.  I am angry.  And I take it out on you all here.

You are going by GarVa (who has the IQ of spit on a squirrel)'s definition of flames.

The Senate needs to commit forum sepukku if you ever want to have respect from the players.  We see you as part OF the problem, not part of the solution.

Resign or show some backbone.  Time to seperate the Senate from the NGE cocksuckers. You guys and gals are, as we say in Kentucky, "Fir" us or "again" us.  Make your choice.  Time to CHOOSE.  There is no gray area.

Lawl, coming from someone who also pays for (and plays) the game

• anaicanaic Member Posts: 409

He does?
  • ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261

Originally posted by anaic

He does?

Yup, more then one account too

And you totally avoid that I pointed out two things for your challenge, yet still go back to the resign or show backbone arguement.

Anyways, look, I'm going by my own definition of what a flame is...not the mods (yes they can get a bit overzealous at times), when you attack someone's intelligence, personality, etc that's crossing the border of criticism and real insults. You can flame with those insults (which comprises most of your arguement and makes you look like a whiner) and you can flame without those insults (and pretty badly burn the other person with a better arguement).

It's not a matter of to flame or to not to flame, but what the flame consists of. It can be a fine line at times, but the amount of insults you've hurled you have crossed it. In my time, I've flamed a lot of folks who have been very ignorant non-commandos and I've responded with facts....facts that rarely or never involved putting the other person down other than their opinion, you go beyond that.