Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

it's like the future but with lots of make-up

robinorobino Member Posts: 39

why do all the loons in the publicity shots wear so much make-up ?

or have rings through their noses or some other improbable fashion statement ?

If i was in the future i'd just wear some jeans and a long overcoat.... to hide my Super Plasma Shotgun.  Just because the world has gone to pot it doesn't mean we have to run around like a bunch of tribals now does it ?  If we're intending the re-civilise the world, people aren't going to listen to us if we look like a bunch of teenage Motley Crue fans are they ?

Then again, maybe I'm missing the survivalist advantage that smearing mutant dung on your face gives you....

Comments

• niakoriniakori Member Posts: 53
    You sound like a Traveler that's seen one too many CHOTA pics ;)

~dai

• wolfmannwolfmann Member Posts: 1,159

Seeing it on the screenshots doesnt mean you need to have it.

I see it as more of a "showoff" of what you can do with the system.

What other game offers that much?

imageThe last of the Trackers

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991

Originally posted by robino

If i was in the future i'd just wear some jeans and a long overcoat.... to hide my Super Plasma Shotgun.  Just because the world has gone to pot it doesn't mean we have to run around like a bunch of tribals now does it ? 

Yes, it does. Technology has pretty much been forgotten at the time of the game's release. New technologies will be "rediscovered" as the server ages. At least, that's how it's been explained anyways. So at first expect the most modern weapon in the game to be a shotgun or rifle. I would think just finding some bullets for your gun is going to be reason for celebration at first.

Joined - July 2004

• KohrathKohrath Member Posts: 35

From the interview we (FallenEarth.se) made with Icarus a while ago.

4. It is apparent that you have got a lot of inspiration from movies such as the Mad Max trilogy. Considering the fact that most of the villains have basically only fetish gear on and that you have told us that there will be "assless chaps" in the game, will it be much of that stuff of clothes and gear or is it something that you try to avoid?

We're not really trying to promote any particular type of clothing or gear. I think the screenshots you've seen include characters that are highly "colorful" just because they tend to grab people's attention. We'll have a huge variety of colors, styles and accessories available. We want people to be free to go whatever way they want to go. A lot of folks like to look outrageous and we want to provide items that will allow them to express themselves. However, there will be a ton of "ordinary" looking clothing too. We think creating your character's look is huge part of the fun in an MMOG. We'd like to make sure there are plenty of options.

FallenEarth.se - Your source for Fallen Earth information.

• maxantomaxanto Member Posts: 778

Originally posted by wolfmann

Seeing it on the screenshots doesnt mean you need to have it.
    I see it as more of a "showoff" of what you can do with the system.
    What other game offers that much?

This and the post directly above are both great reasons. That stuff is up to the player. You can choose exactly how your toon will look. Sure some of it is for protection but honestly I think its to make your toon truely unique. I agree its FE's devs showing off how truely unique you can be.

I can't wait to see this game in action!
  • green13green13 Member UncommonPosts: 1,341

Originally posted by remyburke
    Yes, it does. Technology has pretty much been forgotten at the time of the game's release.

I'm not sure that's true. Not that there are any concrete details yet, but my reading of the FE site is that much technology has been forgotten - but also a lot of it hasn't.

Eg. I'd bet a reasonable amount of money that the neuromap transference technology they talk about on the official site hasn't been forgotten and it's how players will cheat death.

One of the fantastic things about the setting they've chosen is they've given themselves incredible scope for realistically defining the gameworld. 150 years of rampant technological growth followed by the fall of civilisation - and they can realistically pick and choose what they want to keep to make the game fun.

or have rings through their noses or some other improbable fashion statement ?
    Just because the world has gone to pot it doesn't mean we have to run around like a bunch of tribals now does it ? 

I don't know about anyone else, but one of the things I loved about City of Heroes was the cosmetic character customization. And one of the things I hated about WoW (especially end-game) was the way everyone collected the same armour and weapons so Ironforge looked like some mad dwarf's cloning lab.

I think the degree of customization the devs are showing off with these shots is great. I'm looking forward to playing another game (FE) where I can recognise other players I know just from their appearance.

• BronzeFlameBronzeFlame Member Posts: 3
    I've had a few friends I tried to turn on to Fallen Earth, but a few of them said it looks like "teen angst". What I hope, though, is that it isn't all noserings and emo clothes. :-P I just want some variety, and that's what was promised (I think...)

• geckomangeckoman Member Posts: 8
    It looks like it should be called Mad Max Online! 

Originally posted by geckoman
    It looks like it should be called Mad Max Online! 

An mmo called MMO??