Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

XBOX 360 version - horrible

jevdsnnyjevdsnny Member UncommonPosts: 1
This is by the far the dumbest design for a game I have ever seen for XBOX.  It took nearly an hour to get all the patches and regsitrations done.  When you finally get to "install" the game, it says it will take an hour...yes that is right one *hour*.  The "softkey" interface is absolutely horrible.  Compared to other MMORPGs, this is simply horrible just to get started.

Comments

• WastedAgainWastedAgain Member Posts: 41
    i was also suckered into this one. i have to admite the idea of playing this game on my big screen on my lazy boy sounds nice. FFXI is missing a 'fun factor' i cant put my fingers on it. I was hoping for something to pull me away from wow but this wasnt it. I always kinda thought they should have named this something other than finalfantasy.I dunno about you guys, but it was hard for me to find groups in the dunes during the day.Id consider playing this if it was 5 bucks a month. Just my 2 cents. Thanks for reading.
  • TelakiTelaki Member Posts: 361

Originally posted by jevdsnny
    This is by the far the dumbest design for a game I have ever seen for XBOX.  It took nearly an hour to get all the patches and regsitrations done.  When you finally get to "install" the game, it says it will take an hour...yes that is right one *hour*.  The "softkey" interface is absolutely horrible.  Compared to other MMORPGs, this is simply horrible just to get started.

Its not a New MMORPG on the 360, the game is over 4 years old, Do some research next time and actually learn before you blow your money on somthing. And you're freaking out over 1 hour install.... stick to Halo, the MMORPG world doesnt' want you.
  • WastedAgainWastedAgain Member Posts: 41

I remember very clearly when this came out on ps2 (i still have the box). This game couldnt have came at a better time. my computer recently broke and all i had was a ps2.

i believe i suckered some friends to play with me. we prolly played 6 months. what positive things i can say is it felt really well made(game machanics, Auction house and towns, i liked all that stuff). I guess japan had it awhile before we had it in the states, still seemed very professional (like they really worked out all the bugs,i got that impression) like the game seem like it was worked out, was 'clean' is the best word i can use to discribe it. I still think its one of the prettier ps2 games out.

Yet (here comes the negitive) i found that it was a constant grind (afer lvl 10 you couldnt do anything solo, with very few exceptions that i didnt have the choice of picking, like the advanced job of beastmaster. You had to form a group, and alot like EQ you sit in one spot and the puller would bring mobs. at times it got mind numbing). There was just something missing from this one.. making it not quiet as fun as the other mmos. Something about it didnt 'grab' me like eq,daoc,ac,etc,etc i cant explain it. maybe someone else can pin point what it was missing. i cant figure it out myself. when i returned to the game after the xbox 360 release, i found the game alot more barren. the community seemed more assholish than i remember it being in the past and it was hard to find groups. i spent considerable time waiting for groups. (i was a whm too, yeah go figure). Oh and the market had skyrocketed. it was next to impossible for a low lvl to get a mining outfit to make cash with. On the ps2 i didnt have that problem. my galka was able to afford a set of worker tunica and was quick to mine the day away.

Just my impression of the xbox 360 release. if your reading this, thanks for considering my opinion.

• TelakiTelaki Member Posts: 361

Originally posted by WastedAgain

Yet (here comes the negitive) i found that it was a constant grind (afer lvl 10 you couldnt do anything solo, with very few exceptions that i didnt have the choice of picking, like the advanced job of beastmaster. You had to form a group, and alot like EQ you sit in one spot and the puller would bring mobs. at times it got mind numbing). There was just something missing from this one.. making it not quiet as fun as the other mmos. Something about it didnt 'grab' me like eq,daoc,ac,etc,etc i cant explain it. maybe someone else can pin point what it was missing. i cant figure it out myself. when i returned to the game after the xbox 360 release, i found the game alot more barren. the community seemed more assholish than i remember it being in the past and it was hard to find groups. i spent considerable time waiting for groups. (i was a whm too, yeah go figure). Oh and the market had skyrocketed. it was next to impossible for a low lvl to get a mining outfit to make cash with. On the ps2 i didnt have that problem. my galka was able to afford a set of worker tunica and was quick to mine the day away.
    Just my impression of the xbox 360 release. if your reading this, thanks for considering my opinion.

Its not that you can't do anything solo, its that you can't experiance solo. Saying that you can't do anything, gives off the impression that when you leave town the first bunny you see is going to maul you into obilivion unless you have a 6 man team, which is not true (the party part... bunnies really are scary T.T)

FFXI isn't too newbie friendly, meaning we dont' have a tutorial, we have a Users Manual. (But nobody reads it obviouslly, or there woudnt' be so many posts about the controlls) Theres no hand holding, there arn't very many usless quests. There is a lot of grind earlyer on, and you don't quite get into the game untill 30+ when you start getting more options. (Which is quite the downside because theres not much to catch your attention earlyer on like other games have)

As to why most ppl seem assholish, theres really a good reason for that. Its somthing like "Every noob asks the same Damn questions!" Like:

Whats the best Job?

What Job is needed most in a party?

What job/sub combonation will get me the fastest party invites?

What job gets to 75 the quickest?

Can I have some gil?

What craft makes the most money?

Once you answers these 400-600 Times, You just get annoyed :( So you come off harsly (At least I do), Because the first ones your Openion, second one is  Take/healer, then support, then DD, Third You have to go into a big discussion about what jobs so what and why ( I don't wana write it out again), forth, You should NEVER  pick a job becuase it gets to 75 the quickets, its a Game, its ment to have fun, If you pick somthing just for the invites you'll go crazy and quit before you ever reach 75, 5th, Asking for gil is disrespectful, its looked down upon by most, And gil sellers have started begging aswell (Because some ppl see a noob and hand over 10k, But they don't really know you're giving gil to a gilseller to help him ruin the economy, Congrautlations ^.^), And last one, They all do, but at the same tiem they're a big sink hole, and you shoudln't start crafting untill you have some previous sorce of income.

As for your mining set, they nerfed Mining coupel years back, so it sucks now, Mining set only makes you break less pickaxes (So it saves you money) doesn't help you get any better items. The reason its rare, is because only gilsellers do it now... Because it was nerfed... and it sucks. (Better things to do to make money)

Well, I apologize for my rant >.> Got a bit off topic (Okay a whole lot) You guys can nit pick sections out, and discuss what I said or ignore it. Doesn't matter to me ^.^
  • grimbojgrimboj Member Posts: 2,102

Originally posted by jevdsnny
    Compared to other MMORPGs, this is simply horrible just to get started.

Most of the mmorps I have played have involved a huge download... 1 hour is quite frankly quick. Even if I play a retail game like EQ2, I download its ISO (2-5gb) then patch it (anything from 200mb-2gb) then whenever I get an expansion its 200-500mb after I pay. Quit moaning. Installing this now whilst playing free poker ^^ Played the game before and the graphics lagged my PC to death so hope its ok on the xbox.

--
    Note: PlayNC will refuse to allow you access to your account if you forget your password and can't provide a scanned image of the product key for the first product you purchased..... LOL

• jadan2000jadan2000 Member UncommonPosts: 508
    i know how you feel. i went through the same thing, almost 4 hours of downloading.

• benhausebenhause Member Posts: 19
    It took me 1 hour tops to download the game, the patch, and everything. I don't see how it takes so long for everybody else...
  • tjvoodootjvoodoo Member Posts: 293

Originally posted by benhause
    It took me 1 hour tops to download the game, the patch, and everything. I don't see how it takes so long for everybody else...

Its down to some ISP's claim 1mb download and then give .5mb - your average joe aint going to notice the diffrence.

If you have the game at least take the time to learn how to play it - you did it with GTA that style of gameplay was'nt the same as other games when it 1st came out but you stuck with it - think of the fun you would be missing.
  • WSIMikeWSIMike Member Posts: 5,564

Originally posted by WastedAgain

I remember very clearly when this came out on ps2 (i still have the box). This game couldnt have came at a better time. my computer recently broke and all i had was a ps2.
     i believe i suckered some friends to play with me. we prolly played 6 months. what positive things i can say is it felt really well made(game machanics, Auction house and towns, i liked all that stuff). I guess japan had it awhile before we had it in the states, still seemed very professional (like they really worked out all the bugs,i got that impression) like the game seem like it was worked out, was 'clean' is the best word i can use to discribe it. I still think its one of the prettier ps2 games out.

I dont' think it means it's "missing" anything. It's just not the game for you.

Consider that over 500k people have played this game, consistently, at least since it launched in the US, and had been out a year before that. Some people ahve been playing since the day it came out and are still enjoying themselves. The game is clearly for them.

It's just not your cup of tea. Doesn't have to mean there's anything "wrong" with it.

"If you just step away for a sec you will clearly see all the pot holes in the road,
    and the cash shop selling asphalt..."
    - Mimzel on F2P/Cash Shops