Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Brad McQuaid's intro to people new to Vanguard

13»

Comments

• Kem0sabeKem0sabe Member Posts: 443

Originally posted by ste2000

Originally posted by Kem0sabe
    Originally posted by ste2000

At the mininum sign of dissent in the forums, i see posters writing pearls of wisdom such as the ones i quoted before, the "go back to WoW" is the most common, if this is what i can expect from my fellow vanguard players once i buy the game, then ill pass on the whole "omg its 3rd gen mmorpg" thing that sigil is trying to sell me. ;)

I see your point, but one thing I can reassure you is that Vanguard comunity is far away from the L33T generation.
    Your experience in the game will be the opposite of the one you experience in the forums.

The answers you get in the forums are partly due to the exasperation of the original comunity which are sick of explaining to people asking for the 10.000.000 time, why Vanguard doesn't drop the Death Penalty.
    When you have hundreds of similar threads and you explain to them why this is not possible (because of Brad vision), people just don't bother anymore and answers with stupid lines like "go and play WoW".
    But I can assure you that for the first 2 years the "veterans" were more than happy to answer those kind of questions.

The other reasons why you get those kind of answers is because the "veterans" wants to alienate the "new" fans. They don't want people who is continuosly complaining about the game being too hard, to convince the developers to change the game design.
    They don't want those kind of people playing Vanguard, because of what happened to EQ and SWG.
    Because of the minority of moaners complayining all the time about wanting the games more easy, SoE kinda
    met their requasts, upsetting the more traditional players.

What the "veterans" are saying is: "Look, the game is going to have Death Penalty and all this stuff, this is a decision taken by Brad MCQuaid 4 years ago, not by the comunity. If you like the "Vision" you are welcome, if you don't stop moaning, go and find a game which suit you best".
    You can't really argue with that.

Point taken, i just dont want to see Vanguard turn into another EverRaid, when you look back at how EQ1 developed, you can see that these same types are the ones that always preasured the development team to ever increase the raiding content and the "hardcore" elements, untill the only people that could actualy play the game were those that had no social life outside the game.

I will buy and play vanguard for sure, but i dread any sign of sigil distancing themselfs from the 20% raid content mark they advertise, and take the easy way out and put out raid content as easy expansions/content patches.

All ur Mountain Dew is belong to me.

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

Originally posted by Kem0sabe
    Point taken, i just dont want to see Vanguard turn into another EverRaid, when you look back at how EQ1 developed, you can see that these same types are the ones that always preasured the development team to ever increase the raiding content and the "hardcore" elements, untill the only people that could actualy play the game were those that had no social life outside the game.I will buy and play vanguard for sure, but i dread any sign of sigil distancing themselfs from the 20% raid content mark they advertise, and take the easy way out and put out raid content as easy expansions/content patches.

i think that is a legitimate concern, if sigil did make it more raid-centric in the future i think alot of people will be pissed and rightfully so.

but all we can do is take brads word that it will only be 20% of the endgame content. if it turns out to be a lie and more raid content starts being developed post launch, overshadowing any small group content...then i assume alot of us will be looking for a new game to play.

personally i don't let things like that bother me, if they do something to make the game unfun for me ill quit....if i don't like the game to begin with i wont play, its not really a big deal to me....but that is just me. ::::19::