Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ninth Domain: Funding Lost

In another game ending shocker to everyone here at MMORPG.com, it appears Tektonic Studios has lost funding for their MMORPG "Ninth Domain". Dan Scott of Tektonic Studios had this to say on the matter:

"If we do not have funding within a month or so the team will be pretty much gone.  They have already existed with no paycheck for six weeks.  They do continue to try and work on the game but of course they need to support their families.  We lost funding through no fault of our own, we were on time and on budget, rather the funding company ran in to a contractual problem with another loan that kept them from being able to continue to fund us."<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

We will be leaving Ninth Domain on our list for a while to see how everything pans out. Hopefully everything will work out in the end and Tektonic Studios will find some new funding for the game.

To visit the official "Ninth Domain" website click here.

*Notice: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author... got sick of holding backspace.
-----------------------------------------
ParaTrooper, That guy that used to mod the MMORPG.com forums.

Comments

• cedoricedori Member Posts: 500

Wow, yet another game that might not make it, thats 2 for today.  I hope we don't see more bad news for upcoming games.

• MunkiMunki Member CommonPosts: 2,128

2 birds in 1 day... ouch

after 6 or so years, I had to change it a little...

• sammualsammual Member Posts: 6

Nonth Domain was the game I was looking forward to the most.  This makes me want to cry.

Sammual

• RJCoxRJCox Member Posts: 2,686

Same here, 9thD had me really impressed so far, sucks that such a good one is dieing... :(

Richard J. Cox
    "There were much of the beautiful, much of the wanton, much of the bizarre, something of the terrible, and not a little of that which might have excited disgust."

• XanderZaneXanderZane Member Posts: 226
    There are over 100 MMORPG games coming out in the future. I can pretty much guarantee that at least 25-35% of them will get cancelled by this time next year. I'm sure there will be some that get cancelled that you never even heard of before. Loosing Mythica and Ninth Domain is just the tip of the iceberg. Wait until World of Warcraft, Lineage 2 and EverQuest 2 are released. Then watch the announcements start rolingl in. Many companies know that the market is starting to get saturated and only the BIG boys will be the ones who make the big bucks. I had never even heard of Ninth Domain until I came to MMORPG.com . image

Xander

Xander

• BladeBlade Member UncommonPosts: 91

Just found out about this game and by the looks of it it would of been a cool game to play.

R.I.P.