Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If there was one TV SHOW you wish never existed...

What would it be and why?

I say the Real World, because it single-handedly spawned the worst trend in TV history... Reality shows can kiss my ass.

Comments

• BababooeyBababooey Member Posts: 322

Degrassi High.

Seriously, our PE teacher made us watch it for Sex Ed...it sucked.

* Want to see how dumb you are? Click here to take the dumb test!

• ThrakkThrakk Member Posts: 1,226
    I still watch survivor and occasionally I'll watch apprentice or cooking reality shows

• XeximaXexima Member UncommonPosts: 2,697
    For sex ed?  What the hell kind of teacher was he?

well, Pee Wee's Play House.  That show deserves to die a painful death.  Dam adult swim for torturing us with that shit.

• RazorbackRazorback Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 5,253

60 Minutes Australia

*Notice: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the reviews of MMORPG.com or its management.

+-+-+-+-+-+
    "MMOs, for people that like think chatting is like a skill or something, rotflol"
    http://purepwnage.com
    -+-+-+-+-+-+
    "Far away across the field, the tolling of the iron bell, calls the faithful to their knees. To hear the softly spoken magic spell" Pink Floyd-Dark Side of the Moon

• MotorheadMotorhead Member UncommonPosts: 1,193
    Survivor.   Because it started the drivel known as reality television.    

----------------------------------------------
    "Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb." -- Batman

• TamalanTamalan Member Posts: 1,117

Nope, im pretty sure whole reality thing was started by Big Brother in the Netherlands in 1999.

Despite its origins, i concur, its a blight that should be removed. :)

Tam

• reavoreavo Member Posts: 2,173

Originally posted by Motorhead
    Survivor.   Because it started the drivel known as reality television.    

I second that.

T.V. went downhill fast from that point.

• GamewizeGamewize Member Posts: 956
    Hmmm, im going with the mother of all crap, One Peice, its an insult to all that is anime, and makes everyone cry as their braincells attempt to forget about ever watching it by commiting suicide, bashing themseves with hammers, or getting totally bombed.

I think it's the objective of your past self to make you cringe.

• SpathotanSpathotan Member Posts: 3,928
    Real World, and every single one of its dumbass spinoffs.

"There's no star system Slave I can't reach, and there's no planet I can't find. There's nowhere in the Galaxy for you to run. Might as well give up now."
    — Boba Fett

• RefnuRefnu Member Posts: 140
    SOAP OPERAS!

Current: Puzzle Pirates
    Waiting: SWTOR,Aion, CO
    Played: AC, WoW, SB, EVE

• CowinspaceCowinspace Member Posts: 671

Soap Operas, Reality TV, Chat Shows. Burn them all

• MotorheadMotorhead Member UncommonPosts: 1,193

Originally posted by Refnu
    SOAP OPERAS!

Nah.   At least Soaps served a purpose and gave the board housewives an escape.   And some of them have lasted 30+ years, let's see Dancing with the Stars pull that off !     Actually, in the 80's I was a thrash metalhead addicted to One Life to Live.  

Speaking of Soap, I just bought the 1st season DVD.   Man, was that a great show.   Benson was the greatest!

----------------------------------------------
    "Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb." -- Batman

• IIRLIIRL Member Posts: 876
    Any FOXNews show, take a pick.

I CREATED MYSELF!
    <3 "<Claus|Dev> i r pk"

SW:TOR|War40K:DMO|GW2

• AlienShirtAlienShirt Member UncommonPosts: 621
    I have to agree with the OP that the Real World should have never exsisted as I too have hated the onslaught of piss-poor reality tv that followed it.
  • JorevJorev Member Posts: 1,500

This is an easy one.

Simple Life

Paris Hilton and Nicole Richie are the "ugly Americans".

"We feel gold selling and websites that promote it damage games like Vanguard and will do everything possible to combat it."
    Brad McQuaid
    Chairman & CEO, Sigil Games Online, Inc.
    Executive Producer, Vanguard: Saga of Heroes
    www.vanguardsoh

• RefnuRefnu Member Posts: 140

Originally posted by Motorhead

Originally posted by Refnu
    SOAP OPERAS!

Nah.   At least Soaps served a purpose and gave the board housewives an escape.   And some of them have lasted 30+ years, let's see Dancing with the Stars pull that off !     Actually, in the 80's I was a thrash metalhead addicted to One Life to Live.  

Speaking of Soap, I just bought the 1st season DVD.   Man, was that a great show.   Benson was the greatest!

OO those celebrity shows, I'm so sick of those! I know theres a good number of people that want to know what these people are doing constantly but I could care less! Oh she can dance as well as act? wow good for her, guess what she probably went to drama classes in school and therefore can do everything, now there are people starving on the other side of the globe, what are you gonna do about them people with tons of money!?

I had soaps...(slippery soaps i call em) it is horrible writing/acting. This is how a soap is written, start off with tons of people, make their lives all intertwine, then make something bad happen, then another, then another, add someone, kill someone, and so on and so forth. they just iritate me!

But anyways, I would actually probably want to remove most of the shows that are on the television these days

Current: Puzzle Pirates
    Waiting: SWTOR,Aion, CO
    Played: AC, WoW, SB, EVE

• outfctrloutfctrl Member UncommonPosts: 3,619

Originally posted by IIRL
    Any FOXNews show, take a pick.

The most ridiculous statement of the day above from a bleeding heart liberal.

• hazmatshazmats Member Posts: 1,081
    if someone said O'Reilly.  I'll say that Keith Olberman thing on MSNBC.  I mean dear god he is the worst "news" guy evar.  Talk about grudges heh.
  • SlickinfinitSlickinfinit Member UncommonPosts: 1,094
    I'll say any foxnews show as well, they are plain and simple biased news with an agenda to push Bush admin policy as poor as it is lol.

{(RIP)} SWG

• nero666nero666 Member Posts: 205

the worst tv show is CNN

made for monkeys

• outfctrloutfctrl Member UncommonPosts: 3,619

Originally posted by nero666

the worst tv show is CNN
    made for monkeys

• DaEm0nDaEm0n Member Posts: 520

I'd have to say those "celebreality" shows.

Does anyone here, honestly, give a damn about what celebrities do in their daily life?

This siggy is CGI that my cousin made in 4 hours.

• 8hammer88hammer8 Member Posts: 1,812

I would have to say any show that uses twenty somethings as 15-18 yearolds in a highschool setting... because everyone else is saying reality TV.  Sooo, if we pool our resources, we can knock of all of the crap that is on TV.  I used to enjoy TV now it is a last resort for entertainment (ie. being over at someone elses house without anything to do).  All I can really stand to watch now is Sports (Espn / FSW / ESPN 2 / ESPN 8 ...the ocho (for dodgeball of course)), History Channel, TLC and Discovery.

I think the History Channel can single handedly save the human race if enough people watched it...

"It is easier to be cruel than wise. The road to wisdom is long and difficult... so most people just turn out to be assholes" Feng (Christopher Walken)