Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why I hate this game

HomiesliceHomieslice Member Posts: 156
Guild Wars is a good game, but that game is not for me. First of all, most of the game is instanced. It feels like a single player game (No offence). Theres no actual community because you can go thru the whole game saying 100 lines of words. The PvP is alright but you have to complete the game and unlock all the skills, thats okay but it seriously feels like a singe player game. The Level Cap is 20, i have no problem with this, because i like feeling equal to the other people in this game. Unlike WOW the lvl ranges from 1-70 which kind of makes me insecure lol. The problem is that most ppl in this game make 2 chars, one char to get money and the other char to reap the benefits. it Ruins the game for us noobies that are starting.

ya heard.............

Ya heard

Comments

• sushimeessushimees Member Posts: 489
    Well, this game isn't for everybody sadly. But about that character creation, I dunno, my friend has lots of characters since he later likes to patch different professions up with lots of skills unlocked, but of course he has 1 character to make money with.

• JackcoltJackcolt Member UncommonPosts: 2,170

Originally posted by Homieslice
    Guild Wars is a good game, but that game is not for me. First of all, most of the game is instanced. It feels like a single player game (No offence). Theres no actual community because you can go thru the whole game saying 100 lines of words. The PvP is alright but you have to complete the game and unlock all the skills, thats okay but it seriously feels like a singe player game. The Level Cap is 20, i have no problem with this, because i like feeling equal to the other people in this game. Unlike WOW the lvl ranges from 1-70 which kind of makes me insecure lol. The problem is that most ppl in this game make 2 chars, one char to get money and the other char to reap the benefits. it Ruins the game for us noobies that are starting.

ya heard.............

It's only a single player game if you want it to be. Engage in chatting and partying. Get inside a guild. Become friends with them. Play GvG.

If you can completely the PvE without saying 100 lines of words are up to you, but that doesn't mean there is no community.

No you don't. By playing PvP you gain faction points which can be used to purchase skills and items.

That said, I'm glad you said it's a good game. I don't like people who says a game sucks flat out just because it didn't appeal to them.

• Vertex1980Vertex1980 Member Posts: 951

I beat the game with every single class.  So after that there was nothing to do but farm.  I ran a level 2 character to the end of the game, because I could.

I agree this isn't for everyone and it's more built around PvP.  I play PvP, so I enjoy the game.

• BentBent Member CommonPosts: 581
    Well I know everyday I get on the public bus here.  I see about 20 other people on that bus.  Yet, I don't talk to any of them.  Is it the Bus's fault or my own?

AKA
    If you want you can live life or game in an anti-social manner.  Someone needs to be proactive.  Those people on the bus could of started a coverstation with me.  They didn't.  I could of started a conversation with them, I didn't.  Isn't the bus's fault.  Isn't GWs fault.

If you just talked and made one friend a day you would have >180 friends in a year. 

• Truemode2Truemode2 Member Posts: 46

Originally posted by Bent
    Well I know everyday I get on the public bus here.  I see about 20 other people on that bus.  Yet, I don't talk to any of them.  Is it the Bus's fault or my own?

AKA
    If you want you can live life or game in an anti-social manner.  Someone needs to be proactive.  Those people on the bus could of started a coverstation with me.  They didn't.  I could of started a conversation with them, I didn't.  Isn't the bus's fault.  Isn't GWs fault.

If you just talked and made one friend a day you would have >180 friends in a year. 

Nice example...I totaly agree with you there. Its Not Gw fault why people hate it.They hate it couse its not there typeing of gameing style.I dont think the community in Gw is that bad you know.i find partys easy as in Ab TA HA and wen i play pve mission.

• HomiesliceHomieslice Member Posts: 156
    seriously this game isn't my style

and to your bus arguement, theres a flaw there. First off when u go to a bus ride its not supposed to be fun and your not supposed to talk to anyone in the bus or your considered crazy. You can make small talk but thats cut to a minimal. IN Guild wars it claims to have a immerseve community and all that kind of stuff. You don't go to a bus to talk to ppl unless your seriously fucked. i kinda see your point. But this game doeson't really enforce u interacting with ppl. Besides in Guildwars everybody is immature. i played Guildwars for a month. If I say something somebody is going to call me a noob or something, and i only said 50 lines of words. and believe me i'm not anti-social at all. Random ppl will blurt out sex or something. idk

Ya heard

Originally posted by Jackcolt

ya heard.............

It's only a single player game if you want it to be. Engage in chatting and partying. Get inside a guild. Become friends with them. Play GvG.

If you can completely the PvE without saying 100 lines of words are up to you, but that doesn't mean there is no community.

No you don't. By playing PvP you gain faction points which can be used to purchase skills and items.

That said, I'm glad you said it's a good game. I don't like people who says a game sucks flat out just because it didn't appeal to them.

Well, when u first start playing PVP, u want to kill ppl, but theres lvl 10's and 9's with Drokks armor while i'm starting with only Ascalon Armor and all that shit, all the veterans deck out there noob char making superpowerful, I saw once a lvl 10 while pvping took out 4 other lvl 10's while all the rest of us were dead. U have to grind your ass to play pvp. And to make a only pvp char u have to finish the pve.

Ya heard

Read the poll

Ya heard

• NFWolfDudeNFWolfDude Member Posts: 304

Read the poll

And what does this poll have to do with the original post? In regards to the original post...as has been stated, it's a single player game if you want and not if you make even a minor amount of effort...like typeing "hi" or "lfg".

I, personally, love the fact that when I don't have a lot of time or know I have distractions I can grab a few henchies and do my thing without affecting other people's fun. If I have a good chunk of time, I get into a group and have a great time with others. It's win/win in my book.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    NFWolfDude

Sorry Homie...  Let us know when you find an online game that works for you.   I can't think of any other online game that has decent server populations and doesn't have a bad open-chat community.

Also, look at is this way, If you are normal.... 80% of the other people are like you.  The ones that scream "newb" and "sex" are the minority, they just happen to be the VOCAL minority.  Many people just quitely play the game and only talk to guildies.  If you are quiet and they are quiet you'll never here each other.  The only difference is they already have 20+ people in their guild and on there friends list - You probably don't.

Since I joined my guild I haven't spoken in open chat at all... except in our guild hall. 

Originally posted by NFWolfDude

Read the poll

And what does this poll have to do with the original post? In regards to the original post...as has been stated, it's a single player game if you want and not if you make even a minor amount of effort...like typeing "hi" or "lfg".

I, personally, love the fact that when I don't have a lot of time or know I have distractions I can grab a few henchies and do my thing without affecting other people's fun. If I have a good chunk of time, I get into a group and have a great time with others. It's win/win in my book.

well mainly the reason y i hate this game is because of the quests, i feel like there homework or something, all i want to do is pvp ya heard...??!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!??!?!?!? but not to get your ass pwned u have to do the quests which annoy me. thats just me

Ya heard

• DuraheLLDuraheLL Member Posts: 2,951

Too bad you don't like it because these elements ruin it for you..

Personally I like the instancing because it feels good not to worry about respawns and you can totally wipe an entire area from mobs just to zone out and zone in again to do it all again.

I don't play GW to roleplay and I don't label it as a RP game. To me there are 2 types of RPG games. One where you SHOULD roleplay and that is the main purpose, the second where the game basicly is called a RPG because you level and gain EXP.

Money is everywhere. But I wouldn't call it an inflation. Maby someday but not for some while. Good items can still cost 200k and many I know often get like 50k per week.

$OE lies list
    http://www.rlmmo.com/viewtopic.php?t=424&start=0
    "
    And I don't want to hear anything about "I don't believe in vampires" because *I* don't believe in vampires, but I believe in my own two eyes, and what *I* saw is ******* vampires! "

• MajorStormMajorStorm Member Posts: 1
    I bought this game and I'm liking more than others I've played before.

also how do u make money? In this game?

Ya heard

• TheodorykTheodoryk Member Posts: 1,453
    Op, after reading your posts, I've come to the conclusion that you've never actually played the game / just got the game, and that essentially you're talking out your ass.

"Speaking haygywaygy or some other gibberish with your mum doesn't make you foreign."
    -baff

I'm finding many people like the "Idea" of guild wars more then the game itself.

To make money you kill stuff, sell stuff, or do quests.  Just remember hechman take a cut of your loot.  If you are running 8 hechman you are getting only 1/8th the loot.  If you need money you should go somewhere where you can kill stuff solo.  If you can't... do that, well all I can say is that is how 90% of the people get their "extra" money so you should be able to do it too.

• thomasward00thomasward00 Member Posts: 17
    Well I love GW, and have been playing for over a year and now playing factions also, I mainly play PVE, now i'm sorely dissapointed in factions, because of the small game world and short storyline.  Once Nightfall comes out, i'll wait for the reviews and if nightfall does not give much pve, then i'll prob just switch to WOW.  At first I thought that going with GW over Wow would save me money but purchasing expansions every 8 months or so and not having as deep a pve experience, and no in-game support, i'm gonna bite the bullet and go with WOW, but i'm still hoping that Nightfall will have a nice long PVE Campaign.

Just keep in mind an expansion is only an expansion... No future guild wars expansion will ever has as much content as the first Guild Wars... Even though they carry the same price tag.

• WantsumBierWantsumBier Member Posts: 1,079

Sorry Homie...  Let us know when you find an online game that works for you.   I can't think of any other online game that has decent server populations and doesn't have a bad open-chat community.

Also, look at is this way, If you are normal.... 80% of the other people are like you.  The ones that scream "newb" and "sex" are the minority, they just happen to be the VOCAL minority.  Many people just quitely play the game and only talk to guildies.  If you are quiet and they are quiet you'll never here each other.  The only difference is they already have 20+ people in their guild and on there friends list - You probably don't.

Since I joined my guild I haven't spoken in open chat at all... except in our guild hall. 

Thats me! I just go about my merry little way. I'm also one of those crude jerks that has a funny name for my toon. It is nothing too ofensive, but I spend most of my time PvE in the boonies not in town so the name was jsut for me to enjoy.

I shoot for the curve... anything above that is gravy.

ahahhahahahahahahahhahaha, first off you when i mean making money i mean anything else besides farming

Originally posted by Theodoryk
    Op, after reading your posts, I've come to the conclusion that you've never actually played the game / just got the game, and that essentially you're talking out your ass.

Ya heard

• Vertex1980Vertex1980 Member Posts: 951

AKA

QFT. 

*EDIT*

Or you can just roll a priest and people will be your friends and add you to their ever growing priest list... and you wouldn't even have to talk and you'd be popular. 

• FatamorganaFatamorgana Member Posts: 110

I played GW with great pleasure about 6 months but when you want to start PvP(GvG) you musta have all the skills,best armors,and i did'n have the motivation to look for the elite skills and money for the armors, and i didn't get to guild that have GvG or that guild was so good that i didn't get to the team,maybe i suck maybe but i just wanted to have some fun GvG but no.But after all this i haved great time with GW and is a good game ::::19::

• bercikPLbercikPL Member Posts: 6
    As you see this game is not for all players, that have plus and minus. Personaly i love this game, and i will never play games like a WoW!

• FatamorganaFatamorgana Member Posts: 110

Originally posted by bercikPL
    As you see this game is not for all players, that have plus and minus. Personaly i love this game, and i will never play games like a WoW!

I won't play WoW because i can't stand monthly fees but if WoW somehow came to same fee as GW i think i would try it right away::::01::

• NadrilNadril Member Posts: 1,276

This is the second post of yours which you are proclaiming WoW is so much better than Guild Wars.

Honestly give it a rest dude. Your just pulling flame bait.

And, as I said, please go back to your cave with the rest of your troll friends .

edit: Fat, you realize the "best armors" are incredibly cheap to get right?... Elite skills are just about time realy.