Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Eve Ever Grow error ridden EULA Violating game

nocromannocroman Member Posts: 15

As a player of over 1/12 years I have found that Eve has gotten worse rather than better.

With the last Patch of August 2006, the game has become riddled with errors for al players that can still play the game. Pre Windows 2000 with out service pack 2 os no longer supported.

Violations of the EULA by the GM are many.

(Here are a few)

Ships lost due to server drops, (during combat)  false screen  information, (such as theft marked ore thieves) and  major lag (during combat) are not being replaced by the GM. For a single players as myself with my own corporation this is a devestating action. This is being done for a simple reason, MAKE THE PLAYER STAY LONGER AND GENERATE MORE INCOME FOR THE GAME.

There was and is not any concern for fairness, or proper treatment of players.

Now with the new patch theer were error messages popping up on the screen at the rate of over 1000 an hour.  The GM ove does not recognize this as a problen since they state they have not had thousands of complaints about this.

Reality check time.

(1.) Eve support does not allow more than ONE (1) petition on a subject at a time. Therefore Game issues cannot be reported each time they occur.

(2.) Eve support is so far behind (by their own admission) on addressing the current petitions that there are petitions over a month old that have yet to be answered.

Ther are other failures in this game such as player increase from 10k to over 20k with no increase in the amount of ore gerneated by the game.

BP research centers that have week long waiting periods to even start researching purchased Blue Prints. (this is definatly a money maker for the game as the player must wait for weeks and cannot even research BP's to their full capabilities)

One of the biggest stress causes in the game was the ability of others to steal ore after players had spent hours on the game mining without being punished.

Example: Player puts ore into can for later pickup, thief coasts up to can, (player cannot fire upon thief until they steal ore) thief libes up thier ship with station, takes ore and warps out to station before miner can fire enough rounds to damage thief. If player fires before thief steals ore, CONCORD Blows up miners ship.

This combined withlag and errors of marking thief make it impossible to stop a thief unless the thief is really bad at the game.

Since there is only a 15 minute time allotment to kill thief, this thief can empty a whole days work by coming back every 15 mins. CONCORD TAKES NO ACTION AGAINST THIEFS UNLESS THIEF DESTRYES CAN. Even after can is emptied by a thief and implodes destrying the can CONCORD takes no action/

The gane of Eve has taken up the policy of  DO NOT FIRE, UNLESS FIRED UPON, making this a games for fighters in low space fun and NOT fun for miners, transporters, manufactures, and those that just wanted a game to relax with at the end of a long and stressful day at work.

Most of the players I met on the game are 20+ years in age and the main complaint is the fact you are forced into PVP whether you want to or not. This is due to mineral ores need to manufacture goods are not all located in high (safe) space but are many are in low (free kill) space where miners cannot come close to matching the fire power of PVP players. A single person is forced to play with others ( or pay) for protection while mining in low space. Having a battleship does not guarentee saftey.  As it is possible for battleship to destroy a mining ship before the protection battleship can kill the attacker, then  the attacking battleship warps to saftey and again the player who mines for relaxation is the big loser in the game.

Graphics are good but rules and programming errors and Lag time when more than 2 players are in space together makes this game a loser. Promises from Eves GM have worn thin after 1 /12 years.

For me ..... Its time to move on 

Comments

• mindspatmindspat Member Posts: 1,367

A lot of the OP's grief appears to be self inflicted. 

Aren't player owned structures designed for increased manufacturing effecientcies? 

Microsoft no longer supports Windows 98x.  How would you expect a game development studio to build a game around an operating system that the original company has deemed as outdated, enneficive and refuses to support? 

60 ship engagements and yes there's "some" lag although it's more obvious when confronting certain alliances and corps who like little exploits; log in traps and cargo with hundreds and hundreds of BM's.  Removing the ability to copy BM's a good thing since it's a transistion to remove them all together.

My petitions are generally resonded to within 20-35 minutes, tops.

What errors?  Are these caused due to scripting macros when minning afk?  Why are you refusing to progress outside a single system in relation to minning and manufacturing?  1.5 years and you are unable to establish a POS for your player corp for manufacturing and safety?

The OP sounds almost as if he's not at the keyboard while playing the game. 

"Ore Thieves" are such a trival matter that it's ridiculous to hear someone whine about them.  Gang your corp members or hire someone to fly cover with you.  When the theif steals your ore out of the can you and your gang get to unless their fury upon them.

This thread makes me think of the navy captain who's playing with rubber ducks in the bathtube then cries 'cs they can't get a real battleship in there. 

EVE is about progression.  Don't be left behind.

Ok...time to go play EVE and steal some ore.

YARR!!

• fizzle322fizzle322 Member Posts: 723

Buy 20 giant secure containers, anchor them all around a belt in .5, then grab your cruiser and mine into your secure cans. With max mining skills it will take you at least 1 hour to fill all the cans. Then it will take you another hour to collect all the ore with a hauler.

Make instadock from last can to the station. Make insta from station to first and last can.

The nice thing is if you dont feel like hauling you can leave the ore there and haul it later.

You haul the ore to local station. Build up good faction and refine skils. Melt down ore. Either put your minerals on sell order, or haul them to market for cash.

There ya go, relax and mine.
  • kovahkovah Member UncommonPosts: 692
    ugh, i forget quote tags don't work, too lazy to take em out.  The White is his the Red is mine.

Originally posted by nocroman

[quote]As a player of over 1/12 years I have found that Eve has gotten worse rather than better.[/quote]
    Let me try to respond as someone who has only been playing for a few weeks.

[quote]With the last Patch of August 2006, the game has become riddled with errors for al players that can still play the game. Pre Windows 2000 with out service pack 2 os no longer supported.[/quote]
    Someone above me stated the obvious, Win98 and older is no longer supported by Microsoft.  IMO, anyone running a Microsoft OS older than 2000 is probably low on intelligence anyway.

[quote]Violations of the EULA by the GM are many.
    (Here are a few)
    Ships lost due to server drops, (during combat)  false screen  information, (such as theft marked ore thieves) and  major lag (during combat) are not being replaced by the GM. For a single players as myself with my own corporation this is a devestating action. This is being done for a simple reason, MAKE THE PLAYER STAY LONGER AND GENERATE MORE INCOME FOR THE GAME.[/quote]
    To address your concerns about the lag and resulting losses:  I've had one experience thus far where I lost my ship while fighting NPC rats due to an extended period of lag, that sucked tbh and I was ticked. 

To address your statement about a "time-sink":  Rubbish, EVE's skill system is BY FAR the largest form of timesink that I have ever seen in a game while at the same time it prevents the uber power levelers from running the game.

[quote]There was and is not any concern for fairness, or proper treatment of players.
    Now with the new patch theer were error messages popping up on the screen at the rate of over 1000 an hour.  The GM ove does not recognize this as a problen since they state they have not had thousands of complaints about this.
     Reality check time.[/quote]
    I've had maybe one or two error messages pop up on my screen since the patch.

[quote](1.) Eve support does not allow more than ONE (1) petition on a subject at a time. Therefore Game issues cannot be reported each time they occur.[/quote]
    I have yet to submit a petition but I agree that this policy sounds kinda crappy but at the same time I'm sure it's designed to prevent abuse.

[quote](2.) Eve support is so far behind (by their own admission) on addressing the current petitions that there are petitions over a month old that have yet to be answered.[/quote]
    I've heard this as well.  I'll agree that at this point as the game continues to grow CCP should be looking into hiring quite a few more support personnel.

[quote]Ther are other failures in this game such as player increase from 10k to over 20k with no increase in the amount of ore gerneated by the game.
    BP research centers that have week long waiting periods to even start researching purchased Blue Prints. (this is definatly a money maker for the game as the player must wait for weeks and cannot even research BP's to their full capabilities)[/quote]
    Haven't been around long enough to experience this yet.

One of the biggest stress causes in the game was the ability of others to steal ore after players had spent hours on the game mining without being punished.
    Example: Player puts ore into can for later pickup, thief coasts up to can, (player cannot fire upon thief until they steal ore) thief libes up thier ship with station, takes ore and warps out to station before miner can fire enough rounds to damage thief. If player fires before thief steals ore, CONCORD Blows up miners ship.
    This combined withlag and errors of marking thief make it impossible to stop a thief unless the thief is really bad at the game.
    Since there is only a 15 minute time allotment to kill thief, this thief can empty a whole days work by coming back every 15 mins. CONCORD TAKES NO ACTION AGAINST THIEFS UNLESS THIEF DESTRYES CAN. Even after can is emptied by a thief and implodes destrying the can CONCORD takes no action/
    The gane of Eve has taken up the policy of  DO NOT FIRE, UNLESS FIRED UPON, making this a games for fighters in low space fun and NOT fun for miners, transporters, manufactures, and those that just wanted a game to relax with at the end of a long and stressful day at work.[/quote]
    Simple response: CRY MORE PLZ
    More in depth response: I know there are player corps that offer protection while you are in the belts, spend a little ISK and use them.

[quote]Most of the players I met on the game are 20+ years in age and the main complaint is the fact you are forced into PVP whether you want to or not. This is due to mineral ores need to manufacture goods are not all located in high (safe) space but are many are in low (free kill) space where miners cannot come close to matching the fire power of PVP players. A single person is forced to play with others ( or pay) for protection while mining in low space. Having a battleship does not guarentee saftey.  As it is possible for battleship to destroy a mining ship before the protection battleship can kill the attacker, then  the attacking battleship warps to saftey and again the player who mines for relaxation is the big loser in the game.[/quote]
    Thus adding to one of the things I look forward to in this game.  The sense of danger.  This isn't some carebear, PvE server where you can expect to be safe all the time.  If you are skeer'd don't leave 0.5-1.0 space.  With great rewards come great risks, suck it up.

[quote]Graphics are good but rules and programming errors and Lag time when more than 2 players are in space together makes this game a loser. Promises from Eves GM have worn thin after 1 /12 years.[/quote]
    The graphics are pretty damn good if you like the whole space thing.  2 players in a zone causing lag?  *laf*  Don't think so.  Now, lag in Jita?  Yeah, when local channel shows 1000+ people in the system I fully expect it to be laggy.

[quote]For me ..... Its time to move on [/quote]
    Since I was so nice and didn't come down to hard on you and since you are leaving anyway, please liquidate all of your assests in game and send resulting ISK to K0n Fus10n, k plz thx.  (thats ZERO's not O's)

/cheers

• waylanderukwaylanderuk Member Posts: 40

As a player of over 1/12 years I have found that Eve has gotten worse rather than better.
    Graphics are good but rules and programming errors and Lag time when more than 2 players are in space together makes this game a loser. Promises from Eves GM have worn thin after 1 /12 years.

Bye Bye then...

But first some points...the support backlog is for remembuetment only...in game issues like stuck, and mission fuck ups(uneless you fucked it....IE destroying a needed mission item) are normally dealt with very quickly.

Not enuff ore....get the fuck out of the hub systems...ore thiefs have combat ready ships ready to go or have a hauler setup to take from can stright away...

Have a barge in a lowsec system mining? then be pre-aligned to SS or insta dock, keep an eye on local be aware.

As for rare ores only being avalible in lowsec space...so what its not like there is none on the high sec market...

Labs? You are aware that you can now put up a POS in highsec with the correct standings and you can use this for reasch puropses yes?

The current issues with the dragon patch are pretty bad, I don't suffer from as much lag as you are claiming to suffer from. I not happy with the Q system <although its only been a minor issue for me so far>, the BM copy restiction I not to fond of, the cloaking bug sucks big style. The min OS issues, well it had to happen sometime get over it, when the manufactoer stops supporting OS then others will follow deal with it.

TBH most of your post is full of self-inlicted issues.

• ElnatorElnator Member Posts: 6,077

Originally posted by waylanderuk

Bye Bye then...

But first some points...the support backlog is for remembuetment only...in game issues like stuck, and mission fuck ups(uneless you fucked it....IE destroying a needed mission item) are normally dealt with very quickly.

Not enuff ore....get the fuck out of the hub systems...ore thiefs have combat ready ships ready to go or have a hauler setup to take from can stright away...

Have a barge in a lowsec system mining? then be pre-aligned to SS or insta dock, keep an eye on local be aware.

As for rare ores only being avalible in lowsec space...so what its not like there is none on the high sec market...

Labs? You are aware that you can now put up a POS in highsec with the correct standings and you can use this for reasch puropses yes?

The current issues with the dragon patch are pretty bad, I don't suffer from as much lag as you are claiming to suffer from. I not happy with the Q system <although its only been a minor issue for me so far>, the BM copy restiction I not to fond of, the cloaking bug sucks big style. The min OS issues, well it had to happen sometime get over it, when the manufactoer stops supporting OS then others will follow deal with it.

Minor clarification:
    EVE is a game based on the Windows Operating system.

If they code to support Windows 98/ME/SE then Microsoft will NOT support them if they need Microsoft support for the game not working properly on the OS.  They'll just say:  You need to code it for 2kSP2+ or we aren't going to talk to you.

CCP didn't really have a choice.  Upgrade or lose Microsoft Support on OS issues.

As for how 'buggy' things are after the Dragon code release?  LOL if you call this buggy I'd LOVE to see your reaction to a patch in any other game out there!!!! BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA  These "bugs" are nothing more than gnats compared to the stuff most other MMO's inflict on their players.  This is the most DRAMATIC change type that a game can go through.  Having to re-code specifically to support Win2kSP2+ was huge... I expected a LOT worse bugs than we got from it.  Frankly I was very surprised they managed to get the game back online and running that day, let alone almost entirely bug free (yeah there are a FEW hiccups... but my gameplay has been relatively unhindered by any of them other than the traffic warnings that shut down a system or 3 by mistake this weekend).  Those seem to have cleared up already though.

Currently Playing: Dungeons and Dragons Online.
    Sig image Pending
    Still in: A couple Betas

Originally posted by Elnator

Bye Bye then...

Minor clarification:

If they code to support Windows 98/ME/SE then Microsoft will NOT support them if they need Microsoft support for the game not working properly on the OS.  They'll just say:  You need to code it for 2kSP2+ or we aren't going to talk to you.

CCP didn't really have a choice.  Upgrade or lose Microsoft Support on OS issues.

As for how 'buggy' things are after the Dragon code release?  LOL if you call this buggy I'd LOVE to see your reaction to a patch in any other game out there!!!! BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA  These "bugs" are nothing more than gnats compared to the stuff most other MMO's inflict on their players.  This is the most DRAMATIC change type that a game can go through.  Having to re-code specifically to support Win2kSP2+ was huge... I expected a LOT worse bugs than we got from it.  Frankly I was very surprised they managed to get the game back online and running that day, let alone almost entirely bug free (yeah there are a FEW hiccups... but my gameplay has been relatively unhindered by any of them other than the traffic warnings that shut down a system or 3 by mistake this weekend).  Those seem to have cleared up already though.

Minor clarification:

Man take a timeout pls...yes the dragon branch has introduced bugs but as I stated in mu post they are not efecting me that much...I don't like the q system for jumping through gates and the cloaking bug is a right pain the ass for those that use cloaks.

Generally the amoutn of bugs from this patch are not as bad as they have been in the past. When i posted the server had not yet came back up today that I had noticed...

My post was not a attack on eve chirst learn to read...your pointing out that the OS changes are needed due to the manufacter no longer sipporting it in respnse to a post that says the same damm thing?

Man take a timeout pls...yes the dragon branch has introduced bugs but as I stated in mu post they are not efecting me that much...I don't like the q system for jumping through gates and the cloaking bug is a right pain the ass for those that use cloaks.

Generally the amoutn of bugs from this patch are not as bad as they have been in the past. When i posted the server had not yet came back up today that I had noticed...

My post was not a attack on eve chirst learn to read...your pointing out that the OS changes are needed due to the manufacter no longer sipporting it in respnse to a post that says the same damm thing?

• nocromannocroman Member Posts: 15
    wehat in Gods name about single player with a corp did you not understand?
    at 3900 M3 it takes all day to mine and store and many moves as you cannot put locked cans within 5000 km of each other. with a covertor with strip miners you van mine 27,900 ms in 1/2 hour. as a manufacture it would takes monthes to get the ore to build a battleship. there is no plaeasure in that. and as a SINGLE player with a corp it is not a fun thing to do.

[quote]As a player of over 1/12 years I have found that Eve has gotten worse rather than better.[/quote]

Let me try to respond as someone who has only been playing for a few weeks.

[quote]With the last Patch of August 2006, the game has become riddled with errors for al players that can still play the game. Pre Windows 2000 with out service pack 2 os no longer supported.[/quote]

Someone above me stated the obvious, Win98 and older is no longer supported by Microsoft.  IMO, anyone running a Microsoft OS older than 2000 is probably low on intelligence anyway.

or hasn't the money to spend $100.00 for  updates to windows

[quote]Violations of the EULA by the GM are many.

(Here are a few)

Ships lost due to server drops, (during combat)  false screen  information, (such as theft marked ore thieves) and  major lag (during combat) are not being replaced by the GM. For a single players as myself with my own corporation this is a devestating action. This is being done for a simple reason, MAKE THE PLAYER STAY LONGER AND GENERATE MORE INCOME FOR THE GAME.[/quote]

To address your concerns about the lag and resulting losses:  I've had one experience thus far where I lost my ship while fighting NPC rats due to an extended period of lag, that sucked tbh and I was ticked.  Aparrently you have not fought level 4 mission with other players

To address your statement about a "time-sink":  Rubbish, EVE's skill system is BY FAR the largest form of timesink that I have ever seen in a game while at the same time it prevents the uber power levelers from running the game.

[quote]There was and is not any concern for fairness, or proper treatment of players.

[quote](1.) Eve support does not allow more than ONE (1) petition on a subject at a time. Therefore Game issues cannot be reported each time they occur.[/quote]

I have yet to submit a petition but I agree that this policy sounds kinda crappy but at the same time I'm sure it's designed to prevent abuse.

[quote](2.) Eve support is so far behind (by their own admission) on addressing the current petitions that there are petitions over a month old that have yet to be answered.[/quote]

I've heard this as well.  I'll agree that at this point as the game continues to grow CCP should be looking into hiring quite a few more support personnel.

[quote]Ther are other failures in this game such as player increase from 10k to over 20k with no increase in the amount of ore gerneated by the game.

BP research centers that have week long waiting periods to even start researching purchased Blue Prints. (this is definatly a money maker for the game as the player must wait for weeks and cannot even research BP's to their full capabilities)[/quote]

Haven't been around long enough to experience this yet. buy a bp and try it

The gane of Eve has taken up the policy of  DO NOT FIRE, UNLESS FIRED UPON, making this a games for fighters in low space fun and NOT fun for miners, transporters, manufactures, and those that just wanted a game to relax with at the end of a long and stressful day at work.[/quote]

Simple response: CRY MORE PLZ from a simple person grow up and leave the childish comments for your mommy

More in depth response: I know there are player corps that offer protection while you are in the belts, spend a little ISK and use them.

[quote]Most of the players I met on the game are 20+ years in age and the main complaint is the fact you are forced into PVP whether you want to or not. This is due to mineral ores need to manufacture goods are not all located in high (safe) space but are many are in low (free kill) space where miners cannot come close to matching the fire power of PVP players. A single person is forced to play with others ( or pay) for protection while mining in low space. Having a battleship does not guarentee saftey.  As it is possible for battleship to destroy a mining ship before the protection battleship can kill the attacker, then  the attacking battleship warps to saftey and again the player who mines for relaxation is the big loser in the game.[/quote]

Thus adding to one of the things I look forward to in this game.  The sense of danger.  This isn't some carebear, PvE server where you can expect to be safe all the time.  If you are skeer'd don't leave 0.5-1.0 space.  With great rewards come great risks, suck it up.

[quote]Graphics are good but rules and programming errors and Lag time when more than 2 players are in space together makes this game a loser. Promises from Eves GM have worn thin after 1 /12 years.[/quote]

The graphics are pretty damn good if you like the whole space thing.  2 players in a zone causing lag?  *laf*  Don't think so.  Now, lag in Jita?  Yeah, when local channel shows 1000+ people in the system I fully expect it to be laggy. if you really read the post you would know that there were approx. 30 other enemy ships on a level 4 mission and thats where the lag comes in.

Since I was so nice and didn't come down to hard on you and since you are leaving anyway, please liquidate all of your assests in game and send resulting ISK to K0n Fus10n, k plz thx.  (thats ZERO's not O's) And give you a helping hand? the person who does not even have the intelligence to realize that problems are on MY system, which is by the way running windows xp with 256 meg video, and 1 gig of RAM.  Game does not run as great as It did when I started playing and yes I am pissed an the GM who begs players forgivness for doemtime and errors but will not reimburse for looses due to their errors. I just don't like pay and play to lose everything in a day due to their errors. $14.95 a month may not be much to a kid whose mommy pays for everything, but to some of us, disabled veterans, handicapped retiree's that our whole enetrtainment budget as we live on a fixed income. but the you could be one of those peole who spit on the homeless and kick their dog.

/cheers

/cheers

The graphics are pretty damn good if you like the whole space thing.  2 players in a zone causing lag?  *laf*  Don't think so.  Now, lag in Jita?  Yeah, when local channel shows 1000+ people in the system I fully expect it to be laggy. if you really read the post you would know that there were approx. 30 other enemy ships on a level 4 mission and thats where the lag comes in.

Since I was so nice and didn't come down to hard on you and since you are leaving anyway, please liquidate all of your assests in game and send resulting ISK to K0n Fus10n, k plz thx.  (thats ZERO's not O's) And give you a helping hand? the person who does not even have the intelligence to realize that problems are on MY system, which is by the way running windows xp with 256 meg video, and 1 gig of RAM.  Game does not run as great as It did when I started playing and yes I am pissed an the GM who begs players forgivness for doemtime and errors but will not reimburse for looses due to their errors. I just don't like pay and play to lose everything in a day due to their errors. $14.95 a month may not be much to a kid whose mommy pays for everything, but to some of us, disabled veterans, handicapped retiree's that our whole enetrtainment budget as we live on a fixed income. but the you could be one of those peole who spit on the homeless and kick their dog.

/cheers

/cheers

Haven't been around long enough to experience this yet. buy a bp and try it

Simple response: CRY MORE PLZ from a simple person grow up and leave the childish comments for your mommy

/cheers

/cheers

/cheers

/cheers

• ElnatorElnator Member Posts: 6,077

Sorry if I wasn't clear.  I was agreeing with you, not debating you :)

Currently Playing: Dungeons and Dragons Online.
    Sig image Pending
    Still in: A couple Betas

• NicoliNicoli Member Posts: 1,312

at 3900 M3 it takes all day to mine and store and many moves as you cannot put locked cans within 5000 km of each other. with a covertor with strip miners you van mine 27,900 ms in 1/2 hour. as a manufacture it would takes monthes to get the ore to build a battleship. there is no plaeasure in that. and as a SINGLE player with a corp it is not a fun thing to do.

As a single player corp you picked about the worst choice for an occupation. Solo mining is horrible and inefficent regardless what you do. Most players figure that out shortly after you see a team jetcan mining. If you want ORE thief security then use secure cans otherwise all your saying is "You gave me solutions to my problems, I don't want to use them, its your problem."

And your not going to get many people in a multiplayer game to sympathise with you for saying you want all the benefits of grouping (security, efficency, and speed), But you want to do it solo.

As for the week quefor research you  don't know the history of the old research system in where if someone wanted too they could lock up research slots whether or not they were using them. At least now you can put your stuff in que to be worked on as soon as tyhe slot frees up.

And as for the petition que. Well frankly I've had to use the support team about 3 times. All 3 petition was were of the "serious" type, Mission was completed but wouldn't allow me to complete, one exploit petition, and a Stuck pettition where I couldn't get off a roid. longest time to response about 30-45min. And I'm sure you know how well other MMOs replace stuff. Blizzard gave me a too bad your character information was deleted let alone a ITEM.

And if your haveing a bunch of error messages pop up, Reinstall a fresh copy of EVE and if that doesn't work you probably have something else causing the issue.

I'de know that YARR anywhere, and thats not a nice thing to say about a friend from the game.

and yes microsoft has stopped support of previous versions before windows 2000 only to add support for their newest release windows Vista anothe r$100.00 upgrade...KA CHING!!!!

Lag does start whith 2 players on level 4 missions in combat with 20-30 rats

Lucky you you got great service on yur petions

and finally remember the thread say SINGLE player with corp, not aligned with alliance and most of the grief is from GM not replacing ships and equiptment when lost NOT to player error but to programming error.

server disconnection from source. lag showing kill rights when none is availible, loss of ore when mining due to GManouncing they are taking system down with only a 15 minute warning ( not enough time to empty 4-5 cans 27,900 m3 each can) before system is taken down and yet the timer on the cans keeps running resulting in an implosion.

Pissed off.... yes. tired of spending a day (12 hours) mining only to lose it.  I loved the thrill of battle but not the constant desturction of unarmed ships being destroyed.

and thieves... what gang... thread said SINGLE PLayer with corp Not Corp with many players or alliance......

there are many players that just want to mine and manufacture and sell.. excuse us for being old.. but we wish to leave the fighting to the young devil may care players.

and finally.. no one gave you permission to peek into my window and watch me take a bathe ... PERVERT

Originally posted by Elnator

Sorry if I wasn't clear.  I was agreeing with you, not debating you :)

oops

Bye Bye then...

Not enuff ore....get the fuck out of the hub systems...ore thiefs have combat ready ships ready to go or have a hauler setup to take from can stright away... not in a hub system

Have a barge in a lowsec system mining? then be pre-aligned to SS or insta dock, keep an eye on local be aware. and get wiped out while traving to a gate to get to a system with a station.. brilliant.. now why didn't I think of that

As for rare ores only being avalible in lowsec space...so what its not like there is none on the high sec market... no profit in buying minerals to make things to sell

Labs? You are aware that you can now put up a POS in highsec with the correct standings and you can use this for reasch puropses yes? what in SINGLE PLAYER WITH CORP DID YOU FAIL TO COMPREHEND?

Minor clarification:

CCP didn't really have a choice.  Upgrade or lose Microsoft Support on OS issues. That wan't the issue, anyone who does not have the money to upgrade their system just has to stop playing eve. so those players who spent years on this game are cut off. upgrade cast a hnderd if you can do it your self. Thats a lot of money for retired older players on a fixed income. but hey screw them. a mojor part of theri entertaiment being missing from theri day is of no concern to us.

As for how 'buggy' things are after the Dragon code release?  LOL if you call this buggy I'd LOVE to see your reaction to a patch in any other game out there!!!! BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA  These "bugs" are nothing more than gnats compared to the stuff most other MMO's inflict on their players.  This is the most DRAMATIC change type that a game can go through.  Having to re-code specifically to support Win2kSP2+ was huge... I expected a LOT worse bugs than we got from it.  Frankly I was very surprised they managed to get the game back online and running that day, let alone almost entirely bug free (yeah there are a FEW hiccups... but my gameplay has been relatively unhindered by any of them other than the traffic warnings that shut down a system or 3 by mistake this weekend).  Those seem to have cleared up already though. My but your expectations for MMORPG'S are very low. I do hope your expectations for life are just a wee bit higher
  • kovahkovah Member UncommonPosts: 692

or hasn't the money to spend $100.00 for  updates to windows

If you have the money to P2P a GAME on the internet you can afford a copy of Win2k/XP.

Aparrently you have not fought level 4 mission with other players

Quite true, as I stated i've only been playing for a few weeks.

buy a bp and try it

TBH, I don't even know what a BP is...  Noobs with opinions ftw!

from a simple person grow up and leave the childish comments for your mommy

LOL, you ARE crying about something that you DO have the ability to prevent.

if
    you really read the post you would know that there were approx. 30
    other enemy  ships on a level 4 mission and thats where the lag comes in.

Well, I've gone back and "really" read the post 4 times now and can't find anywhere that you stated "there were 30 other enemy ships on a level 4 mission."

And
    give you a helping hand? the person who does not even have the
    intelligence to realize that problems are on MY system, which is by the
    way running windows xp with 256 meg video, and 1 gig of RAM.  Game does
    not run as great as It did when I started playing and yes I am pissed
    an the GM who begs players forgivness for doemtime and errors but will
    not reimburse for looses due to their errors. I just don't like pay and
    play to lose everything in a day due to their errors. $14.95 a month
    may not be much to a kid whose mommy pays for everything, but to some
    of us, disabled veterans, handicapped retiree's that our whole
    enetrtainment budget as we live on a fixed income. but the you could be
    one of those peole who spit on the homeless and kick their dog.

Aww, so mean to me...  *cries and runs to mommy*

But seriously, if the requirement for Win2k+ didn't affect you, why bring it up?  Just needed more stuff to add to your whine?  Try some good cheese.

I'll also agree that not reimbursing people is kinda shitty.  I've been playing WoW for almost 2 years now and anytime they have as much downtime as CCP gave us with the patch Blizzard offers 1 day of free play to everyone...  It's not great but it's better than "We sincerely apologize..."  IMO, CCP sould've done something beyond the apology, but...  people are still paying em so....

I could argue your calling me a kiddie but that wouldn't be very usefull, I know I'm 28 with a 50k/yr job, I could give a flying f*ck if you knew that or not.

and yes microsoft has stopped support of
    previous versions before windows 2000 only to add support for their
    newest release windows Vista anothe r$100.00 upgrade...KA CHING!!!!

I know right!!!!  God forbid businesses actually try to MAKE MONEY?!!?!?!?!?  I mean, WTF D00D!?!?!?!?!  For realz yo!!!

Lag does start whith 2 players on level 4 missions in combat with 20-30 rats

I believe that, it's unfortunate but a part of online gaming in my experience.

and finally remember the thread say SINGLE
    player with corp, not aligned with alliance and most of the grief is
    from GM not replacing ships and equiptment when lost NOT to player
    error but to programming error.

On the SINGLE player with corp issue:  That's your choice, deal with the consequences.

On the losing shit due to CCP's errors:  I agree 100% that they should be held accountable and replace/reimburse the victim.

Pissed off.... yes. tired of spending a day
    (12 hours) mining only to lose it.  I loved the thrill of battle but
    not the constant desturction of unarmed ships being destroyed.

Sounds like good ole piracy to me.  As it's been said above, secure it or get some protection.  If your protection doesn't use a webber/scrambler then get some SMART protection.

there are many players that just want to mine
    and manufacture and sell.. excuse us for being old.. but we wish to
    leave the fighting to the young devil may care players.

Then pick a different game OR stay out of non-secure systems.

/cheers(again)

[edit]Oh, and learn to quote plz, it makes your whining much easier to read.
  • NicoliNicoli Member Posts: 1,312

no profit in buying minerals to make things to sell

You can make profit off of buying minerals to make things, the key is to put up BUY orders not buy the mins from sell orders.

Labs? You are aware that you can now put up a POS in highsec with the correct standings and you can use this for reasch puropses yes? what in SINGLE PLAYER WITH CORP DID YOU FAIL TO COMPREHEND?

Again be glad with the New system. With the old systems my corp and one other were able to lock out every research slot in a station permantly. NO que, You can't use one till we decied to let you use it. now though it may take a few days to get a research slot it is at least possible to get one now.

That wan't the issue, anyone who does not have the money to upgrade their system just has to stop playing eve. so those players who spent years on this game are cut off. upgrade cast a hnderd if you can do it your self. Thats a lot of money for retired older players on a fixed income. but hey screw them. a mojor part of theri entertaiment being missing from theri day is of no concern to us.

I'm a student on a fixed income also. And why I can say its not easy to afford to upgrade windows, if it came down to it right now I'm paying $15-20 for EVE a month. Since you can't play now thats means that in a about 5-8 months you can get a upgrade. wish it was quicker but hey you take what you can get. its something that sucks for people but I won't lie that as a computer technologies student I can tell you the engine wise the game would soon stagnant if 9X was continued to be supported. They have more holes in them than I can count.

My but your expectations for MMORPG'S are very low. I do hope your expectations for life are just a wee bit higher

Can't speak for him but my expectations are EXTREMELY high for MMOs. Though that said, I temper that with a basic understanding of "mechanics" of the game system and hardware. To use my teachers analogy, in many cases these games are the equivilant of getting a Ford Escort to do 180mph. Sure with ALOT of work/modification it can be done but if everything isn't exactly perfect then visions of the Coyote from Road Runner will come to mind. CCP is pushing alot of barriers and part of the thing that was causing problems was the win9x OS, even microsoft realised that. A complete rewrite of the base code while preserving the data that is over it is a massivly dangerous undertaking. Normal procedure is that you keep the old system up and running while you run switch. However that is not a light undertaking considering EVE's unique server cluster arcitecture. So from a IT perspective what they did was frankly a combination of skill, fast thinking, and pure damn luck. So while you may think we have low expectations it is the fact that we grasped the nightmare undertaking, minor bugs from a patch are expected, but a rewrite of the underlying code we hoped for no issues but realisitically we new that it would not happen as such.

Bye Bye then...
    Not enuff ore....get the fuck out of the hub systems...ore thiefs have combat ready ships ready to go or have a hauler setup to take from can stright away... not in a hub system
    Have a barge in a lowsec system mining? then be pre-aligned to SS or insta dock, keep an eye on local be aware. and get wiped out while traving to a gate to get to a system with a station.. brilliant.. now why didn't I think of that
    As for rare ores only being avalible in lowsec space...so what its not like there is none on the high sec market... no profit in buying minerals to make things to sell

Minor clarification:

CCP didn't really have a choice.  Upgrade or lose Microsoft Support on OS issues. That wan't the issue, anyone who does not have the money to upgrade their system just has to stop playing eve. so those players who spent years on this game are cut off. upgrade cast a hnderd if you can do it your self. Thats a lot of money for retired older players on a fixed income. but hey screw them. a mojor part of theri entertaiment being missing from theri day is of no concern to us.

As for how 'buggy' things are after the Dragon code release?  LOL if you call this buggy I'd LOVE to see your reaction to a patch in any other game out there!!!! BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA  These "bugs" are nothing more than gnats compared to the stuff most other MMO's inflict on their players.  This is the most DRAMATIC change type that a game can go through.  Having to re-code specifically to support Win2kSP2+ was huge... I expected a LOT worse bugs than we got from it.  Frankly I was very surprised they managed to get the game back online and running that day, let alone almost entirely bug free (yeah there are a FEW hiccups... but my gameplay has been relatively unhindered by any of them other than the traffic warnings that shut down a system or 3 by mistake this weekend).  Those seem to have cleared up already though. My but your expectations for MMORPG'S are very low. I do hope your expectations for life are just a wee bit higher

What you can't ly a hauler in a hub system? only in a corp with a single person in it? Heres a idea recurit some other players if you can get any to put up with you. Soloing in eve is hard no doubt about it, but soloing is a choice YOU make...

The OS issue 98/me Is out of date and out of even the extended support period of microsoft, or those that are cought out with the changes and can't aford to upgrade? they have my sympathies...But that does not change the fact that the OS is out of date, harsh? maybe so but so is life. Nothing is stoping them from doing a temp stopage from eve  and putting the sub towards a OS upgrade so they can get back in at a later date.

As for the minerals I must be totaly imagining the fact that the corp I am in makes a proit on what we make when we buy the rares but mine the rest...Oh wait I am not could it be that you are just wrong?

As for the bugs, they happen and CCP do tend totake fixing then quite seriously IMO.

Insta docks for systems you work in its hardly rocket sciance...

• lowradslowrads Member UncommonPosts: 200
    Uh.. mining makes people unhappy.  It's also the most dangerous profession.

Not even miners like other miners, because mineral competition heats up.

Lots of miners are treated like newbs, and farmed by mining corp CEOs, in empire or the rim.  They get them involved in "projects" like erecting a POS, or "building up the corp bpo stockpile," or "getting on the BS queue."  Lol.  It's mostly just taking advantage of the goodwill of newer players who will probably quit long before they see any reward or a share in the profits.  Those profits by default will rarely grow without constant labor input from the members (servants). 

If you have an ounce of self-preservation, you will automatically know to avoid these types of organizations, especially those which promise you "a percent of your take."  A lot of people come into this game so innocently and naively.  I'm guessing they were picking flowers and holding hands in norath or that other place before they got the trial.  Well, probably students who have never worked a real job for real jerks and learned a thing or two about self interest and CYOA.

The route to prosperity is making a profit on every deal, and extracting a marginal surplus from clients in trades of goods or services.  When you profit on margin, you profit from the work of more and more people.  Mining has a 99% profit margin, but it has growth limits that come hard and fast like any grinding.  Any job that uses something besides grinding requires two things though: negotiation, and hamstringing the competition.

• FadeFade Member Posts: 419
    you have a solo corporation.  you shot yourself in the foot right there.  end of story.

proud member of BKB http://www.bkbhq.com/

I know how you feel.

Solo mining does suck.

That's just how the game is. As imperfect as it is, its still the best of its kind out there.

If you are really determined to make it as a solo miner, save up a few hundred mil and use the isk to buy timecodes. Use the timecodes to run multiple accounts, maybe 2 miners and a hauler and run them all yourself.

I used to know a guy who was in the US Army, all he wanted to do was mine, he would mine all day long. He used his isk to buy timecodes and ran multiple accounts, he was able to maintain those accounts by mining, basically he was playing the game on 3 accts for free as a pure miner.
    And one more thing.

No, Eve is not perfect, it has flaws, lots of them.

But there is nothing else out there like it. Basically the entire MMORPG industry is garbage. Its all just empty games for little kids. This is the only real adult mmorpg out there.