Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EBAY JEDI

wookieewookiee Member Posts: 151
before the CU you could sell your Jedi for as much as 3000 real american dollars.
amazingly, people still sell elder jedi accounts for as much as 500 dollars.
i still find it amazing that people have this much extra money to spend on this sort of thing.

First Jedi on Gorath was DeeLock, a moncal and what a cocky show off he was.

Comments

• wolfmannwolfmann Member Posts: 1,159

3000$ ?

Heh, saw em go for more than that.

There's a reason many J3d-eye never got much erspect or friends... We knew they were bought.

Would you play with a guy who pays his way into a game? Instead of playing the game?

imageThe last of the Trackers

• jrscottjrscott Member Posts: 1,252

Originally posted by wolfmann

Would you play with a guy who pays his way into a game? Instead of playing the game?

Only long enough to set him up to g et Mega Ganked. 

I realize I said I quit. I never said it was forever :)

• wookieewookiee Member Posts: 151

Originally posted by jrscott

hehe yeah
  • RekrulRekrul Member Posts: 2,961
    A fool and his money are soon parted...

Originally posted by jrscott

and here is the reason I like these forums.

Despite all our differences, we're all pretty alike (And no Piirg! not you!  )

• iskareotiskareot Member Posts: 2,143

3000$ ?

There's a reason many J3d-eye never got much erspect or friends... We knew they were bought.

I had real offers over 3500 no joke.   So did alot of people I know for access to them.

But in the end, I could not even do that.

• RabiaRabia Member Posts: 622

The value of virutal property is one measure of success.  The decline in value of SWG virutal property is yet more evidence the game is not only a failure, but past its prime and due to shutdown.

Originally posted by iskareot

3000$ ?

I had real offers over 3500 no joke.   So did alot of people I know for access to them.

But in the end, I could not even do that.

I couldn't have sold my account...Not in a lifetime. The characters on my account, were my characters, my personal Star Wars characters, made for me, by me, to be the extension of the lifelong dream of experiencing a Star Wars world..they were me in Star Wars.

how can you sell something like that? I know I can't. Heck, I can't even sell my AO account...The characters mean too much after years of "being" them.

Buut..anyone need a UO account? it's like 10 years(?) since I played it, and I've forgotten all about who I had there...and besides, his tower has decayed away(with all his posessions) a long time ago.

• thefixerthefixer Member Posts: 71
    We had a guy on our server who bought his Jedi.  Was a member of the biggest idiot griefing guild.  Ended up spreading someone's personal info around out of spite and got permabanned.

All that money down the toilet.

Back in the perma death time, Ebay prices were skyhigh.

Once, me and my group of RP friends were sitting in a camp, just resting and enjoying the company after a hard hunt on Talus.

A guy entered the camp, and started asking questions about the camp, like he had never seen one or even heard of them before.

Now, this guy was wearing composite, his BIO had 50+ badges, including a master ranger badge.. So we asked him what he was..And he proudly boasted: "I'm a Jedi! Want to see my saber?"

We ofcourse said yes, and he proceeded to attack a Tortur right outside camp, and thus...gained the TEF.

Long story short: That guy now were closer to permadeath than ever, and me and my RP friends, were rather happy to have almost vanquished another Jedi abomination that did not belong in this time.

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,125

I knew of a person on our server that grinded 7 Jedi just for the hell of it. I think she was farming Jedi. :P

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• MastermartzMastermartz Member Posts: 255
    sorry...but if you WASTE 3000$ on a video game character your are officially labeled a loser with no life
  • KazaraKazara Member UncommonPosts: 1,086

Here is a recheck for some of you....$1000 is absolute chump change to more folks than you think. I salute those that make their money selling a leveled toon. Personal decisions...personal money, Thems that have the $$$$$$ could care less about these opinions...really - they 'worry' all the way to the bank.

• pirrgpirrg Member Posts: 1,443
    The best part of the NGE was the grief it caused ebay-merchants. Imagine spending thousands of dollars on something that becomes available with two clicks of the mouse after a couple of months.

Although, seeing the reaction of non-ebay jedi was pretty priceless aswell.

• RekrulRekrul Member Posts: 2,961

Originally posted by Mastermartz
    sorry...but if you WASTE 3000$ on a video game character your are officially labeled a loser with no life

As opposed to spending 8 hours/day 7 days/week over 6-9 months to grind out the Jedi properly?

You have weird standards about having a life.

Buying Jedi second-hand is one thing, especially in a highly social game like SWG, but in all honesty, this is where that mythical end-game comes into.

Assuming you do buy an account for gameplay. Why? If it makes sense, then the game is not grind based, but offers high degree of replayable, long-term activities. If leveling up is the point, then it's just a grinding game.

Keep in mind, grinding games are going out of fashion fast. Unless those newcomer MMOs offer an alternative way to progression, they will decay in WoW's shadow.
  • pirrgpirrg Member Posts: 1,443

Originally posted by Rekrul

As opposed to spending 8 hours/day 7 days/week over 6-9 months to grind out the Jedi properly?

I'd say they are both equally pathetic.

• ResetgunResetgun Member Posts: 471

Originally posted by Rekrul

You have weird standards about having a life.

Buying Jedi second-hand is one thing, especially in a highly social game like SWG, but in all honesty, this is where that mythical end-game comes into.

Assuming you do buy an account for gameplay. Why? If it makes sense, then the game is not grind based, but offers high degree of replayable, long-term activities. If leveling up is the point, then it's just a grinding game.

Keep in mind, grinding games are going out of fashion fast. Unless those newcomer MMOs offer an alternative way to progression, they will decay in WoW's shadow.

It is game!

It is not competition.

It is not work interview.

It is not entrance examination to best university.

There is no prizes.

There is no cool high class elite club waiting for you when you hit maximal level.

It is freaking game!

Get it?

"I know I said this was my last post, but you my friend are a idiotic moron." -Shadow4482

• MX13MX13 Member Posts: 2,489

Originally posted by wookiee

First Jedi on Gorath was DeeLock, a moncal and what a cocky show off he was.

First Jedi on Gorath was Blaack Widdow. I talked to "her" right after the "unlock" system message (like a day later) and she fessed up. Saw "her" a week later with her first title up... and Deelock wasn't that bad, there were worse... xRaptordeathx anyone?

And if I would have known where the game was going, I would had sold mine for a few thousand... let J-eBay suffer!!! MUHAHAHAHA!!!

I'll start my own SWG... with Black Jack... and Hookers!!!

In fact, forget the SWG!!!!