Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hard time finding a group...

LanmoragonLanmoragon Member Posts: 994
Hey all.  Now that I finally have a comp that can run EQ2 decently, EQ2 seems like a whole new game.  Only problem is it seems hard as hell finding a group.

Im playing on the PvP server Nagefen...could this be the problem?  Maybe I will try the PVP-RP server to see if its any better there.  My main right now is a lvl 20 fury.  I thought it would be fairly easy to find a team being a healer but it  usually takes a LONG time.  When I do find a team we usually wipe and the immature **** start yelling at each other and disband...guess thats what I get for trying a PvP server.

Do any of you play on the PvP-RP server/s?  I would just play on an RP server but I don't really like to RP so I figure I will have a better chance at finding a non-RP guild that is still mature on a PvP-RP server.  I also like PvP because it usually adds something different to do in a game, so RP only servers seem out.

Comments

• hertinhertin Member Posts: 31

That is the backlash of pvp in any given mmorpg sadly.I found the average pvper is quite immature and i seen this happen in most mmorpg.Try the RP server and join a guild as soon as you can as they are helpful.To find a guild in EQ2 is easier then most games as all you have to do is click on the guild button from the menu and if you are not guilded you will then be given a list of guilds recruiting.

Then sent a tell to the officers and ask your questions.Try to find a guild with members in lower levels if possible.

Good luck and welcome to a great game.

• zandwarfzandwarf Member Posts: 114

Also, one thing i have learned is that if your charecter is "roleplaying" or "anonymous" you will not show up in the LFG window. To make sure you are not, simply click the LFG button, then hit Y and search for players that are LFG.  If you are not listed in the window, then you are "roleplaying" or "anonymous"

To correct this, simply type /role or /anon in your chat window and you will be shown in the LFG window.

• ColdmeatColdmeat Member UncommonPosts: 3,407

Originally posted by hertin
    That is the backlash of pvp in any given mmorpg sadly.I found the average pvper is quite immature and i seen this happen in most mmorpg.Try the RP server and join a guild as soon as you can as they are helpful.To find a guild in EQ2 is easier then most games as all you have to do is click on the guild button from the menu and if you are not guilded you will then be given a list of guilds recruiting.
    Then sent a tell to the officers and ask your questions.Try to find a guild with members in lower levels if possible.
    Good luck and welcome to a great game.

Because roleplayers are the bastion of maturity, and openmindedness, yes?

You'll run into mouthbreathers just as much on AB, it's just the RP crowd fight over how the others aren't rp'ing "correctly", and it's ruining their immersion.

As to finding groups on Nagafen, the only thing I can think is it's either something about you, or at least the way you present yourself, your level might be a factor as well, since alot of people stop at lvl 24, or thereabouts, and might be wanting people at that level. It's just as likely, however, that you've just been really unlucky. I've played both Q and FP, and there was always plenty of groups to be had. If you keep at it, eventually you'll get a list of worthwhile people to play with. It might not be easy, but if easy is what you're looking for, pvp servers probably are a bad choice from the get go.