Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

tuesday maintenance sucks

kanezfankanezfan Member UncommonPosts: 482

Has anyone over there ever thought about staggering the maintenance out over different days? They could do X number of servers on Monday, Y number on Tuesday, etc....

I just hate waiting grrrr...

Comments

• flubbaflubba Member Posts: 8
    lol, WoW.

• JoekabukeJoekabuke Member Posts: 191

Originally posted by kanezfan

Has anyone over there ever thought about staggering the maintenance out over different days? They could do X number of servers on Monday, Y number on Tuesday, etc....

It's not just the servers, they also lose their account management and the forums run like shit. What a fucked up company
  • PhoenixsPhoenixs Member Posts: 2,646

That is just stupid
  • kanezfankanezfan Member UncommonPosts: 482

Originally posted by Phoenixs

That is just stupid image

Why? Seriously why? The way I see it, the maintenance window would be cut down severely, maybe an hour or two at a time, instead of the 5+ hours we have now, it would allow you to play an alt while your main is unavailable too. I wanted to reply and flame you, but I decided not to and ask why you think it's stupid.

• Wolfmaster8Wolfmaster8 Member Posts: 15
    Way to go blizzard. Its ok its only the 435789365985 time you badly fucked up
  • Wolfmaster8Wolfmaster8 Member Posts: 15

Way to go Blizzard....its ok its only the 358935658743 time you badly fucked up

Originally posted by Wolfmaster8
    imageWay to go blizzard. Its ok its only the 435789365985 time you badly fucked upimage

What? Did you post in the wrong thread or something =P

• PhoenixsPhoenixs Member Posts: 2,646

That is just stupid

Why? Seriously why? The way I see it, the maintenance window would be cut down severely, maybe an hour or two at a time, instead of the 5+ hours we have now, it would allow you to play an alt while your main is unavailable too. I wanted to reply and flame you, but I decided not to and ask why you think it's stupid.

It's just not logical from all viewpoints.
    • When all servers are taken down at a special day both devs and players know when it is and the can relate to it.
    • Patches: People would get patches later or earlier, or if the decide to release patches on the same day, it would create inconvinience for the crew, and software/hardware systems.
    • It wouldn't make it any faster. You would have servers that are down for maintenance for several hours every day, instead of one day.
    • Work ethics, I'm sure the workers wouldn't be to happy if they are forced to work at night all days in the week instead of 1.
    • Salary. A night shift costs (For Blizzard) considerable more money (Atleast over here).
    Today's system is better it takes less time for Blizzard, it's easier contra patches, players have 1 day where they know that the servers are down.

Just plan something else on a Tuesday, or play later on the day. If you can't do that you should serious consider if you are too addicted to the game. Honestly, it's disturbing when players whine about not being able to play the game for a couple of hours (The maintenance is even at night!) on a tuesday. And when the night from Monday to Tuesday is the only time you can play Wow, then bad luck.
  • KerbouchardKerbouchard Member Posts: 106
    it's one day people, go outside and scrape your knee or something.

Originally posted by kanezfanOriginally posted by PhoenixsOriginally posted by kanezfanHas anyone over there ever thought about staggering the maintenance out over different days? They could do X number of servers on Monday, Y number on Tuesday, etc....I just hate waiting grrrr... That is just stupid
    It's just not logical from all viewpoints. When all servers are taken down at a special day both devs and players know when it is and the can relate to it. Patches: People would get patches later or earlier, or if the decide to release patches on the same day, it would create inconvinience for the crew. And it wouldn't make it any faster. You would have servers that are down for maintenance for several hours every day, instead of one day.Today's system is better it takes less time for Blizzard, it's easier contra patches, players have 1 day where they know that the servers are down.Just plan something else on a Tuesday, or play later on the day. If you can't do that you should serious concider if you are too addicted to the game. Honestly, it's disturbing when players whine about not being able to play the game for a couple of hours on a tuesday. And when the night from Monday to Tuesday is the only time you can play Wow, then bad luck.

Well thank you for explaining it that way, it does make sense. And I know I'm addicted, but then I'm home today so I want to play lol.

• FlaebFlaeb Member Posts: 91
    i don't care for waiting, i got other stuff i can do, but i don't really understand what blizzard is doing during the maintenance :/ I don't really see any improvements, the server has 15 second lag spikes every 2 minutes on my server, and everyone's latency is always Red, server crashes every hour about *plus my server isnt getting an hardware upgrade /cry* Blizzard made a unbelieveable game, but the company itself....is like the worse i ever seen in a game. 

Originally posted by Flaeb
    i don't care for waiting, i got other stuff i can do, but i don't really understand what blizzard is doing during the maintenance :/ I don't really see any improvements, the server has 15 second lag spikes every 2 minutes on my server, and everyone's latency is always Red, server crashes every hour about *plus my server isnt getting an hardware upgrade /cry* Blizzard made a unbelieveable game, but the company itself....is like the worse i ever seen in a game. image

What server are you on? I'm on Crushridge and we get those 10-15 second lag spikes too, but more like every 30-60 minutes. Plus I'll get random disconnects, at least 4 times a day, yesterday it happened to me in AB. Really inconvenient, when I logged back in I was still in AB but not in a group for like 30 seconds. I just kinda waited around cause I didn't know what the group was up to and couldn't see any dots on my map.

Before 1.12 I was getting D/C'd whenever I'd turn in quests. Blizz told me to check my mods, but they were all up to date and that stopped with 1.12, but now I get D/C'd randomly.

Btw, Crushridge isn't on the list of servers that will get updated either. I'm hoping that means that its running on the newer hardware already and that the upgrades mean the older servers are causing the problem. Hopefully that translates to better performance for all servers eventually.

• LostarLostar Member UncommonPosts: 891
    Tuesday maintnance does suck BUT I swear some people are never satisfied. They want all the bugs to be fixed and all the new content to go live but they don't want the downtime.

Quite the catch 32.

Good idea kanezfan...then we can have some servers to play on/congest ...I would imagine there would be large crowds of naked night elves filling Teldrassil. Who needs quality playtime when you can participate in a naked marathon through Kalimdor?

• RuthgarRuthgar Member Posts: 730

I prefer a weekly scheduled mainenance over the way it was at release. The servers would just crash and they'd take some down for some period of time, and they might come up soon or not. You never knew in advanced when servers would be taken down.

Trust me this is better. Now they take down some earlier and keep them down longer and all of them are offline at the same time.   It sounds stupid, but it is better this way.

I do agree that there could be a better system, but it is what we have and they won't change it.

Just to clarify, I'm not saying take em down when they need it, keep it scheduled, but scatter it out over the week. The same servers would be taken down on the same days. The same 20-30 servers would be taken down every Monday, then the second set would be every Tuesday, so on and so on. But it does make sense to get it all done at once, and probably this is the slowest time to do it and I'm just a schmoe with nothing better to do then to wait to play a video game. I suck at life ='(

• variusvarius Member Posts: 32
    If you all hate how Blizzard manages their games, quit WoW. No, I'm not a WoW fanboy or anything like that. If you're not happy with how the game you are playing is run, stop paying the company that runs it. Otherwise just shut up and be patient.

• LostarLostar Member UncommonPosts: 891
    Now telling a person to shut up on forums is never successful or productive. They are allowed to complain. If you don't like it then take your own advice and stay away. Don't read the thread! :p

• FlaebFlaeb Member Posts: 91

Originally posted by Flaeb
    i don't care for waiting, i got other stuff i can do, but i don't really understand what blizzard is doing during the maintenance :/ I don't really see any improvements, the server has 15 second lag spikes every 2 minutes on my server, and everyone's latency is always Red, server crashes every hour about *plus my server isnt getting an hardware upgrade /cry* Blizzard made a unbelieveable game, but the company itself....is like the worse i ever seen in a game.

What server are you on? I'm on Crushridge and we get those 10-15 second lag spikes too, but more like every 30-60 minutes. Plus I'll get random disconnects, at least 4 times a day, yesterday it happened to me in AB. Really inconvenient, when I logged back in I was still in AB but not in a group for like 30 seconds. I just kinda waited around cause I didn't know what the group was up to and couldn't see any dots on my map.

Before 1.12 I was getting D/C'd whenever I'd turn in quests. Blizz told me to check my mods, but they were all up to date and that stopped with 1.12, but now I get D/C'd randomly.

Btw, Crushridge isn't on the list of servers that will get updated either. I'm hoping that means that its running on the newer hardware already and that the upgrades mean the older servers are causing the problem. Hopefully that translates to better performance for all servers eventually.

I play on dragonblight, and what u say happens the same way to us. To varius, i am on the edge of quitting, its just tough cause i been Raiding with my guild for a long time, in full epics and 10 bosses in Naxxramas, but again cause of the server i am on the edge of canceling
  • kaibigan34kaibigan34 Member Posts: 1,508

That is just stupid

It's just not logical from all viewpoints.

• When all servers are taken down at a special day both devs and players know when it is and the can relate to it.
    • Patches: People would get patches later or earlier, or if the decide to release patches on the same day, it would create inconvinience for the crew, and software/hardware systems.
    • It wouldn't make it any faster. You would have servers that are down for maintenance for several hours every day, instead of one day.
    • Work ethics, I'm sure the workers wouldn't be to happy if they are forced to work at night all days in the week instead of 1.
    • Salary. A night shift costs (For Blizzard) considerable more money (Atleast over here).

Today's system is better it takes less time for Blizzard, it's easier contra patches, players have 1 day where they know that the servers are down.

Just plan something else on a Tuesday, or play later on the day. If you can't do that you should serious consider if you are too addicted to the game. Honestly, it's disturbing when players whine about not being able to play the game for a couple of hours (The maintenance is even at night!) on a tuesday. And when the night from Monday to Tuesday is the only time you can play Wow, then bad luck.

For people who only get one day off and that day is Tuesday it stinks. Especially when they could be reasonable and rotate the down days each week. Monday one week, Tuesday the next, Wednesday the third week, then back to Monday the fourth. And so on. Rotate it between those three days each week and people who only get one of those days off each week, at least get a chance to play a few times per month.

But I know that people who are off on Tuesday arent as important as everyone else.

What sucks even worse is I was given an extra day off this week. I decided to take Wednesday off so I could play WoW. And what do you know? My main server is going to be down on Wednesday as well. Sometimes I wonder if Blizzard is out to get me.

Kai
  • NobodyKnowsNobodyKnows Member Posts: 4
    Instead of just complaining about how tuesday maitnence screws up your life, get Guild Wars or just play Runescape. They both don't compare to WoW, but the time goes by faster and you'll have more fun than complaining.

• PapercutbldsPapercutblds Member Posts: 11
    What really sucks is that i ussually have Tuesdays off and always get f'd on early play time 

• HiHoEskimoHiHoEskimo Member UncommonPosts: 82
    Tuesday is the only day I can plan to get anyhting done
  • KickphatKickphat Member Posts: 189
    Tuesdays are my only day off work so that is why i hate tuesday as i can't play until 2pm.
  • PantasticPantastic Member Posts: 1,204

Aside from what's already been posted, think about what quite a few people do when one server is down for some reason. They go and make level 1 characters on other servers, especially RP servers, and run around harassing people and making login queues longer for the people actually playing. Now multiply the 'bored kid' effect by however many servers are down...