Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Zones? Instances?

Will this game use alot of zone or instances?  Reason I ask is because EQ had alot of zones. Zones make pvp hard when you get people jumping back and forth.

Comments

• BurrixBurrix Member Posts: 3

There will be no zoning and no instancing at all.

I agree with you that zoning in PvP wasn't a lot of fun :)

You can read the thoughts of Sigil in regards to instancing here.
  • mike3486mike3486 Member Posts: 57
    thank god...i always felt that the overdoing of instances made online games feel more cheap.
  • GnomadGnomad Member Posts: 377

Originally posted by Burrix

Total BS. Flag on the field. The game is riddled with zones, they are called chunks from what I have been told. As I stated in another post, I watched a friend zone over a dozen times while moving forward a hundred yards or so due to a jagged zone line in the middle of the desert!!!!

Check around some you will find that Burrix's post is total crap.

• solymnarsolymnar Member Posts: 85

Originally posted by Gnomad

Total BS. Flag on the field. The game is riddled with zones, they are called chunks from what I have been told. As I stated in another post, I watched a friend zone over a dozen times while moving forward a hundred yards or so due to a jagged zone line in the middle of the desert!!!!

Gnom?  What on earth are you talking about with jagged zone lines?

VG is running a seamless world using a tech method similar to the method employed by Lineage 2.  It works just peachy having played L2 quite a bit which is a PVP centric game.  The only difference is that VG's world design is volumetric so the areas can be stacked vertically in 2km by 2km by 2km segments.  Last time I checked cubes don't have jagged lines. 

• CylusSigilCylusSigil Member Posts: 65

There aren't any "jagged zone lines" in Vanguard; areas are set up as 2km x 2km squares, although you can see further.  There currently is hitching between the chunks; how noticeable depends on your computer and will eventually depend on that and how much more we get optimized.  Haven't paid much attention to it recently but I think it's a second or so on my laptop at home.

Not sure what you saw but it wasn't a "jagged zone line." Flag on the field? 

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

lol theres to much unneeded hatred in this thread::::22:: and apparently to much misinformation too! ::::21::

• BurrixBurrix Member Posts: 3

Originally posted by Burrix

Haha, having a bad hairday kid?

Please keep your personality disorder from these forums dude

Anyway, you're either talking about a different game or you've been "misinformed".
  • Povey151Povey151 Member Posts: 250
    ac has technology from the mid 90's and the only zones they have are the dungeons, rest of the world is totally seemless....how come no other MMORPG can do this?

• solymnarsolymnar Member Posts: 85

Originally posted by Povey151
    ac has technology from the mid 90's and the only zones they have are the dungeons, rest of the world is totally seemless....how come no other MMORPG can do this?

Lineage 2 does it just fine.

VG is shooting for it as well but also vertically instead of just on the xy plane.

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    Zone in Vanguard will be a bit like the open spaces in Anarchy Online or WOW, you will have an invisible line where the new zone starts, and the speed of zone loading will depend on the speed of your computer.

You will be able to see everything beyond the invisible line, which you will notice only if you have a slow computer.
    Anyway, it won't be nothing as slow as EQ2 most likely it will be as fast as WOW when it will be optimized, therefore you shouldn't notice anything.