Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thousand account walk out.

RabbitgodRabbitgod Member Posts: 58

3 radical changes are comming to eve that a lot of people feel will ruin game play. Instead of whining tho I suggest we get a thousand or more people to cancel their accounts for one month if this patch goes live as is in protest because actions speak louder than words.

These changes are:
  • The jump queue for systems will only occur if the system in
    question is on a node using 95% or more CPU. This has previously been
    hotfixed on TQ.
  • Bookmark copying is now limited to 5 bookmarks at a time.
    Attempting to copy more than 5 bookmarks will result in only 5 being
    copied.
  • If a ship that is being targeted, and cloaks, the lock will now guarantee the uncloak effect occurs.
***When I say cancel I DO NOT mean delete your character simply change you CC info or let your GTC expire***

Edit: Just for the record $15 x 1000ppl = $15,000 -- Mighty expencive for a little patch.

Edit 08-30-06 5:32 CST - a.k.a I just got home from work.

CCP has addressed the issue. /

P.S.

How in a flying **** was this a whine? This was the anti-whine. It was the shut up and do somthing post. I would also like to point out that I never expressed my feelings about the changes either way I was simply tried of the "OMGWTF YOU RUINED EVE !!1oneelven" posts and provived a more ballsy way to get the point accross. Result? Only 7 out of 35 people had the balls but I know for damn sure their was a lot more people making drama than just 35. Lesson? If your whine your heart out on the forums have pair to back it up with or shut up.

P.S.S

I don't have any T2 BPO's, and I don't own a hulk, in fact I can't fly any minning barge but I did just finish caldari battle ship 5 and working on using large T2 rails. Can't wait for that Teir 3 Cal BS.

Comments

• TrakenTraken Member Posts: 172

Buh bye. Please trash all your Tech 2 BPOs so some of us low-lifes can have a chance.

• Ranma13Ranma13 Member Posts: 747

Originally posted by Rabbitgod

[*]The jump queue for systems will only occur if the system in
    question is on a node using 95% or more CPU. This has previously been
    hotfixed on TQ.I fail to see how this is a bad thing.

[*]Bookmark copying is now limited to 5 bookmarks at a time.
    Attempting to copy more than 5 bookmarks will result in only 5 being
    copied.Ever tried copying a large amount of bookmarks? Wonder why it takes so long? It's because it hits the database, HARD. CCP already stated that the biggest cause of their database slowdown is from bookmark copying.

[*]If a ship that is being targeted, and cloaks, the lock will now guarantee the uncloak effect occurs.It's a good balance issue. Cloaks are overpowered because you can just cloak and run away any time you want.

• iCehiCeh Member UncommonPosts: 884

I like all those changes, they're obviously there only because they have to be.

I know they use good quality servers so those queues will be very rare.

Copying bookmarks takes forever, not because they want it to, but because their systems weren't created by gods so they have limitations.

You weren't ever supposed to be able to cloak if you've been targetted.

-iCeh

• UnsivilizedUnsivilized Member Posts: 26

Originally posted by iCeh

I like all those changes, they're obviously there only because they have to be.
    I know they use good quality servers so those queues will be very rare.
    Copying bookmarks takes forever, not because they want it to, but because their systems weren't created by gods so they have limitations.
    You weren't ever supposed to be able to cloak if you've been targetted.

I dont agree on the walk out, it wont change anything (we'll be replaced by the chinese)

And the cloak thing was considered a bug

Before : jump through a gate and cloak (only a insta locker can get you), even if there trying to target you they have to find you to uncloak you, warp off all is good

Now: jump through a gate there not even locked and you cant cloak because there atmepting to target you even if they have 30 second lock time

This week alone me and my corp have prolly obtained 10 cloaks from people not being able to cloak.

• WARCRYtmWARCRYtm Member Posts: 875

"The jump queue for systems will only occur if the system in question is on a node using 95% or more CPU. This has previously been hotfixed on TQ"

This was a mustake CCP devs are going to take it on next patch.

"All three of the items mentioned by the OP were not supposed to make it onto Tranquility. As stated elsewhere, this deployment was a convergence of the Tranquility and Serenity code bases. Serenity has some extra 'newbie' systems to lessen the tutorial load, the log-in and jump queues are also to assist with load balancing.

These changes were not supposed to be active when the code branch went live on TQ and if it was determined they were needed in the future, notification of the changes would have been made before turning them on.

It was decided to leave the new systems active and available. The queues will be held in reserve for a future date, if TQ grows to the point of them being needed.

kieron
    Community Manager,
    EVE Online"

You can see on this tred http://myeve.eve-online.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=382976

Forguet qeues

• LordSlaterLordSlater Member Posts: 2,087

3 radical changes are comming to eve that a lot of people feel will ruin game play. Instead of whining tho I suggest we get a thousand or more people to cancel their accounts for one month if this patch goes live as is in protest because actions speak louder than words.

These changes are:

The jump queue for systems will only occur if the system in question is on a node using 95% or more CPU. This has previously been hotfixed on TQ.
    What so you want to lag the servers do yo. This seems a good way of managing numbers to me.

Bookmark copying is now limited to 5 bookmarks at a time. Attempting to copy more than 5 bookmarks will result in only 5 being copied.
    So then copy them 5 at a time you do know bookmarks were not meant to be used this way anyway.

If a ship that is being targeted, and cloaks, the lock will now guarantee the uncloak effect occurs.
    I think you will find this is a bug if you read the eve forums closely you will see this as so from the devs own mouth.

***When I say cancel I DO NOT mean delete your character simply change you CC info or let your GTC expire***

Edit: Just for the record $15 x 1000ppl = $15,000 -- Mighty expencive for a little patch.

Frankly the problems you seem to be having are really just minor ones or just bugs from such a big patch. Yes i know it was small in download size but it replaced the old structure with the dragon system which is a lot like replacing branches on a tree with new branches without disturbing the leaves.

• HerkmeckHerkmeck Member Posts: 206

These changes are:

The jump queue for systems will only occur if the system in question is on a node using 95% or more CPU. This has previously been hotfixed on TQ.
    Bookmark copying is now limited to 5 bookmarks at a time. Attempting to copy more than 5 bookmarks will result in only 5 being copied.
    If a ship that is being targeted, and cloaks, the lock will now guarantee the uncloak effect occurs.

They told 940 accounts they can no long player useing Windows 98...You think your little protest will phase them?
  • MinscMinsc Member UncommonPosts: 1,353

Originally posted by Herkmeck

These changes are:

They told 940 accounts they can no long player useing Windows 98...You think your little protest will phase them?

Correction, Microsoft told EVERYONE that they are no longer supporting Win98. Because CCP can not guarantee support from MS, they can not guarantee support to their customers under win98 either. It's as simple as that. Now quit trying to make it out like they told those customers to F off.
  • mindspatmindspat Member Posts: 1,367

Why should "we" cry like little brats throwing a tantrum and cancel our subscriptions over something that shows an intrinsic benefit to the game?

Bookmarks suck.  They need to be completely removed!  There needs to be an alternate feature which rewards exploration and players who travel to different systems.  If you've been somewhere you should have a skill that gives a relative chance to warping into the desired location without the need of BMs.

Clocking is an "I Win" button of sorts.  It's not quite as bad as stabs which are also getting "fixed".  If you're locked and try to clock it should mean nothing in the terms of being sneaky since you've already been locked.  I'm thinking Star Trek and how a cloaked ship is completly vulnerable.

Jump queues are the only thing I have a problem with.  They alledgedly upgraded to something they expected to allow them to lay claim as possessing one of the 100 fastest "computers" dedicated to a gaming server.  What happened?

If you don't like just quit.  I will continue playing EVE and enjoying it. 

Now, if they make it so starting players can fly and own Titans on their first day ingame I sure in hell will cancle immediately!

• ScarisScaris Member UncommonPosts: 5,332

I always hated the bookmark system in EVE. Too many grossly abused it and I can't imagine the amount of database bandwidth that was eaten up with them.

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World

• NatEVENatEVE Member Posts: 92
    Clocking is an "I Win" button of sorts.  It's not quite as bad as stabs
    which are also getting "fixed".  If you're locked and try to clock it
    should mean nothing in the terms of being sneaky since you've already
    been locked.  I'm thinking Star Trek and how a cloaked ship is
    completly vulnerable.

Thats the way it worked before the Dragon code patch. If you get locked (someone has finished targetting you and can now open fire if they wish) then you cannot cloak. If you cloaked before they finished targetting you, then you would cloak and they would stop trying to target you. After the patch, you could cloak while they were trying to target you but they would continue to try to target you, lock you, and you would not be cloaked. However, it would sometimes show you as being cloaked even though you showed as being uncloaked to others. This patch provides a temporary fix by adjusting it such that you will see yourself as not cloaked instead of sometimes thinking you're cloaked. Hopefully, the patch that will return this to normal will come soon.

I don't think claoking is overpowered at all as the whole point of a cov ops ship is to be able to move through systems w/out being caught. This bug makes dictor sphere's a little more powerful as cov ops and recons can no longer escape by immediately cloaking before anyone can lock them, moving outside the bubble and warping away. There aren't many situations now where a cov ops would be used when a shuttle alt or a mwd frig or interceptor can accomplish similar uses.

Couple that with this queue system mess and you can have a 65-70m isk ship go to a gate and attempt to jump, get stuck in a queue, and just waiting for a cruiser to come by and waste it with a few volleys.

There's no point in walking out though. Bugs were said to be in the dragon code patch and thus there are. The cov ops bug at least isn't permanent and I doubt the trouble with queue's will be permanent either. What you do with your time until the situation is improved is your own choice though. As for me, I'll be enjoying EVE in ways not affected by these changes instead of quitting entirely.

EDIT: Btw, clarification from "He who holds the nerf bat" himself on the Cloaking Issue

Originally posted by Minsc

These changes are:

Correction, Microsoft told EVERYONE that they are no longer supporting Win98. Because CCP can not guarantee support from MS, they can not guarantee support to their customers under win98 either. It's as simple as that. Now quit trying to make it out like they told those customers to F off.

I do beleave your wrong, upgraded graphics is what I read.  The same happened to EQ when they upgraded graphics, Win 95 could not support Dx 8.1 I beleave was the version.  Not MS saying we are no longer supporting WIN 95.

Now quit being such a fanboi...

• GlacianNexGlacianNex Member UncommonPosts: 652

These changes are:

I do beleave your wrong, upgraded graphics is what I read.  The same happened to EQ when they upgraded graphics, Win 95 could not support Dx 8.1 I beleave was the version.  Not MS saying we are no longer supporting WIN 95.

Read: http://www.computerworld.com/blogs/node/2919

I suggest you check what you say before you say it.
  • AedosenAedosen Member Posts: 234

These changes are:

Umm lol stop being retard maybe ? The reason they dont support 98 anymore is because Microsoft just ended their support for 98 too. Bit unreasonable to ask CCP support 98 and ME longer than the corp who made them ?

Here is acticle for you conspiracy theorists proving that Microsoft support for Windows 98 and ME has ended:

you all go look at your own links, I am only talking about CCP and the new graphics.  I seen the community manager lurking around so if he would be so kind as to copy paste CCP's OFFICIAL blog notes that had this information in it...would be much appriciated.

and what does some link to some third world county tech magazine have to do with Win 98 not supporting newer graphics?

Originally posted by Aedosen

These changes are:

Umm lol stop being retard maybe ? The reason they dont support 98 anymore is because Microsoft just ended their support for 98 too. Bit unreasonable to ask CCP support 98 and ME longer than the corp who made them ?

Here is acticle for you conspiracy theorists proving that Microsoft support for Windows 98 and ME has ended:

How old are you son?  cause I have a ten year old that can insult people alot better then "retard"  Gesssh..grow up

Originally posted by Aedosen

These changes are:

How old are you son?  cause I have a ten year old that can insult people alot better then "retard"  Gesssh..grow up

Probably older than you and congrats on having such a wonder child maybe when he is insulting people with his 3rd language as well as I am you would have something to actually be proud of.
  • waylanderukwaylanderuk Member Posts: 40

you all go look at your own links, I am only talking about CCP and the new graphics.  I seen the community manager lurking around so if he would be so kind as to copy paste CCP's OFFICIAL blog notes that had this information in it...would be much appriciated.
    and what does some link to some third world county tech magazine have to do with Win 98 not supporting newer graphics?

The OS is out of date, microshaft are no longer supporting it (I belive it has left even the extended Support cycle).

The last patchnotes I saw stated there was some clainet based encrytion in the new patch and thats why 98/Me was dropped..Unfotuntaley I am unable to access this due the patch notes being down.

So CCP are droppign support for 1 OS that is 3 complete OS behind for home users and 1 that is 2 complete OS behind (not counting some rather large service packs here BTW).

98 was a passible OS in its time...its time has passed 2K (thats the OS i use) is not to resouce hungry look into that as a upgrade rather than XP.

But from someone that describes Cnet as a thirdworld tech site I don't hold up much hope for you...

The reason why we posted the links was to show that Microsoft no longer supports Windows 98 and ME. This means that they no longer make that sure that 98 and ME are compatible with the updates they have/will release after the date they ended their support. So basicly what CCP did was that they made their customers aware that since Microsoft no longer makes sure that their patches/etc. work on 98 and ME CCP cant guarantee that EVE will work on these operating systems. Hope that made sense :)

It could be for example new graphics engine as you said that needs DirectX component that aint guaranteed by Microsoft to work on 98 and ME but the basic point is still the same. You cant expect CCP to support operating systems Microsoft aint keeping updated anymore.

Edit: here is link to Microsofts own site where it is said that support for 98 and ME ended July 11, 2006.

• ElnatorElnator Member Posts: 6,077

I can't believe people are griping about dropping support for an 8+ yr old operating system.

98 was completed in 1997... that's 9 years ago folks.... Good lord... buy a new PC and it comes with XP free... you can get one for under $600 easy and it'll run EVE like the wind.  If all you need is the OS XP Home is cheap.  XP Pro aint gonna break the bank either.

Seriously... you sink $180+ into video games every year and you're griping about having to upgrade your OS?????

Bottom line:  Microsoft no longer supports those Operating Systems!  No way in hell is any game company going to.

Currently Playing: Dungeons and Dragons Online.
    Sig image Pending
    Still in: A couple Betas

• LordSlaterLordSlater Member Posts: 2,087

Originally posted by Elnator
    I can't believe people are griping about dropping support for an 8+ yr old operating system.

98 was completed in 1997... that's 9 years ago folks.... Good lord... buy a new PC and it comes with XP free... you can get one for under $600 easy and it'll run EVE like the wind.  If all you need is the OS XP Home is cheap.  XP Pro aint gonna break the bank either.

Seriously... you sink $180+ into video games every year and you're griping about having to upgrade your OS?????

Bottom line:  Microsoft no longer supports those Operating Systems!  No way in hell is any game company going to.

Actually you can buy the XP operating system for 40 quid at some online computer component sellers.

• tennotsukaitennotsukai Member Posts: 26

Don't care either way on this one... only that if the node is running at 95% cap and the whole jump queue relive pressure off the node rather then causing the node to crash.. then its a good thing..

So it mean copying insta BMs take a hell of a lot longer.. TBH i would rather insta BMs was removed from the game completly and something else take its place (excluding the warp to 0km, as that really sucked on sisi.)

Hmmm not sure why people keep failing to understand that this is a bug, rather then running around screaming the sky is failing down.. Tux has stated that this is a bug thats appeared during the dragon coding update.. and sharkbait has also stated that because its going to take some low level coding to fix, it may be sometime before its sorted out. The confusion comes from a poorly written patch notes that addresses and second bug dealing with cloaking, which has set people off running around like chicken little.

Before the small server fix patch a cloaked ship couldn't tell that he had been uncloaked by someone targeting him until he was sitting in a pod, but the fix now shows that you have been uncloaked. Once the low level code has been sorted out, cloaking will be back to normal and cloaking break the enemy lock during his locking cycle as it used to rather then the way it is with the current bug.

• NatEVENatEVE Member Posts: 92

Originally posted by tennotsukai

Don't care either way on this one... only that if the node is running at 95% cap and the whole jump queue relive pressure off the node rather then causing the node to crash.. then its a good thing..

I agree, it is a good thing. Was reading the latest dev blog when it was mentioned that the jump queue was occuring when the node was using 85% (expected for most nodes) instead of 95% like it was supposed to. Hence you had jump queues being created unnecessarily. This patch will make sure it doesn't kick in till 95% at which point its a good thing to have queues instead of the consequences.

• MagnumIIMagnumII Member Posts: 85

Dude, I'm sorry but those things you are upset about? I think they are fare and a good idea.

It seems they only evect people you are taking advantage of exploits to me anyways.

And they are not a big deal.

• MinscMinsc Member UncommonPosts: 1,353

These changes are:

As I said before and others have said after me. Microsoft dropped support for win98/ME. They were going to stop supporting it 2 years ago but people bitched so they extended it by 2 years. The Dragon patch had nothing to do with graphics, the only major changes that would have effected OS use was the security of the client and because they didn't have to worry about supporting Win98/ME they were able to upgrade it, which is a benefit to EVERYONE.

Anyone who was still using Win98/ME after being told for 2 years that support would end has only themselves to blame for not updating.