Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EvE non stop growing

WARCRYtmWARCRYtm Member Posts: 875

CCP anounced that EvE has now 170k users

http://www.eve-online.com/pressreleases/default.asp?pressReleaseID=25

and

"8/14/2006
NEW PCU RECORD.

Yesterday at 18:21 a new PCU milestone was reached as 28020 EVE Players were logged in at the same time. The dream of reaching more than 30K simultaneous users is closer to becoming a reality.

I saw more than 29k but CCP didn´t anounced yet.

EVE with 3 years is growing realy fast, i remember +- one year ago wen it had 60k users.

Today EVE have more subscribers than DAoC, EQ2, SWG or CoX, only 2 MMO´s have more subscribers in US/Eu market, EQ(200k and going down, 2 mounths and EVE will pass this one) and WoW.

Gratz CCP

Comments

• CopelandCopeland Member Posts: 1,955

Actually EVE has about 1/3 the subscribers of EQ2. Even EQ1 has about 100k more subscribers. But EVE has seen steady growth without decline since it came on the market. CCP ROCKS!

• VanillacreamVanillacream Member Posts: 344
    Actually EVE is the worlds largest MMO (that I know of).

It even beats WOW. Sure wow might have 6million++ users, but what good is that when the servers have a max of 5000 each? Were Eve has 1 server for all 20 000++ on at most times. Its amazing!

• kovahkovah Member UncommonPosts: 692
    You are 18th in queue for Jita, please wait.

(sorry, couldn't resist)

• WARCRYtmWARCRYtm Member Posts: 875

"Actually EVE has about 1/3 the subscribers of EQ2. Even EQ1 has about 100k more subscribers. But EVE has seen steady growth without decline since it came on the market.CCP ROCKS!"

EQ2 have 175k subs, i was wrong at my report, but EVE is not 1/3 of EQ2 population.

www.mmorpgchart.com you can see it here

Regards

• CopelandCopeland Member Posts: 1,955

Originally posted by WARCRYtm
    "Actually EVE has about 1/3 the subscribers of EQ2. Even EQ1 has about 100k more subscribers. But EVE has seen steady growth without decline since it came on the market.CCP ROCKS!"
    EQ2 have 175k subs, i was wrong at my report, but EVE is not 1/3 of EQ2 population.
    Regards

Yeah looks like eq2 plunged over the last year.

• MinscMinsc Member UncommonPosts: 1,353

Originally posted by Copeland

Originally posted by WARCRYtm
    Regards

Yeah looks like eq2 plunged over the last year.

TBH I think EQ2 is starting to increase again with the addition of their PVP servers and some very positive changes to the game. It still has it's flaws but IMO it's now a much better game than WoW.

EVE was at 140K like a month ago and now 170K, freakin crazy growth. When they officially launch the China server there will likely be about 200k + to start there and that will climb over time as wel. EVE will likely hit 500K subs around the end of this year, if not shortly after.

Funny how many on here started blubbering incoherently when I predicted that this would happen 8 months ago.
  • CerrianCerrian Member Posts: 141
    The growth has been awesome, but CCP and EVE's community has suffered a little bit from the growing pains.  It hasn't been compeltely smooth and it has forced CCP to upgrade their equipment well ahead of what they were scheduling.

Nonetheless, it is damn nice to see 20,000 people on during the evenings in the NA timezones.

• ElnatorElnator Member Posts: 6,077
    It's good to see EVE finally getting the population it really needs to make the universe feel populated :)

Currently Playing: Dungeons and Dragons Online.
    Sig image Pending
    Still in: A couple Betas

• mindspatmindspat Member Posts: 1,367

Originally posted by Cerrian
    The growth has been awesome, but CCP and EVE's community has suffered a little bit from the growing pains.  It hasn't been compeltely smooth and it has forced CCP to upgrade their equipment well ahead of what they were scheduling.

Nonetheless, it is damn nice to see 20,000 people on during the evenings in the NA timezones.

When I started EVE it was common to have 9k users during peak hours in the US time zones and a max concurrent user limit around 14k-15k.  It also had something of about 80k subsribers.

The largest misconeption I see here is a reference to Chinese servers dominating EVE's tranquility.  China requies a seperate dedicate server for chinese citizens.  It has not connection nor impact in the core of the game other then bringing more revenue for CCP to enhance tranquility.

• HerkmeckHerkmeck Member Posts: 206

I can remember when the highest on line was 3k during peak times.  Talk about empty space!  There was only one camp to worry about, but that was also where all the action was.

Though I wonder how many were running 2-3-4-and up to 7 accounts to make that number that high?

Gratz CCP