Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Suggestion Box for improving Guild Wars

SerlingSerling Member Posts: 662

OK, this isn't a thread to begin discussing things like "get rid of instancing." Won't happen and even if it could, I wouldn't want it to happen.

I'm talking about "quality of life" details that would make missions more manageable. For instance:

Since most of the Expert and Master rewards in Factions' missions are based on a mission-timer, could we please have a mission-timer put into the user-interface? Raisu Pavilion is the only mission that has a relatively useful mission-timer. All the other reward-based-on-time missions have no way of letting you know if you've succeeded or failed in attaining a certain reward until the mission is over (BTW, no one shoots for "Expert's Reward"). This gets to be rather frustrating for groups going after Master's rewards, especially when you've had to do the same mission over and over to try and get it. Clock-watching is not an option in these missions, because of the speed at which you have to try to move through them.

A simple color-coded down-timer on the UI where the Raisu Pavilion mission-timer goes would suffice.

That's all for now. Will add more later as I come up with ideas.

Comments

• joemagjoemag Member Posts: 7
    Yeah I agree a visable timer would be very nice and helpful. Other than that the only thing that I can think of that needs to happen is an update thats makes henchies not rez you if your body is surrounded by 5+ enemies.

• SerlingSerling Member Posts: 662

Other than that the only thing that I can think of that needs to happen is an update thats makes henchies not rez you if your body is surrounded by 5+ enemies

I agree. Henchie AI could also be improved so that they were quicker to engage when you attack and quicker to disengage and retreat when you do.

• Bama1267Bama1267 Member UncommonPosts: 1,822

Originally posted by Serling

OK, this isn't a thread to begin discussing things like "get rid of instancing." Won't happen and even if it could, I wouldn't want it to happen.
    I'm talking about "quality of life" details that would make missions more manageable. For instance:
    Since most of the Expert and Master rewards in Factions' missions are based on a mission-timer, could we please have a mission-timer put into the user-interface? Raisu Pavilion is the only mission that has a relatively useful mission-timer. All the other reward-based-on-time missions have no way of letting you know if you've succeeded or failed in attaining a certain reward until the mission is over (BTW, no one shoots for "Expert's Reward"). This gets to be rather frustrating for groups going after Master's rewards, especially when you've had to do the same mission over and over to try and get it. Clock-watching is not an option in these missions, because of the speed at which you have to try to move through them.
    A simple color-coded down-timer on the UI where the Raisu Pavilion mission-timer goes would suffice.
    That's all for now. Will add more later as I come up with ideas.

...get rid of instancing, lol.

• freakerdfreakerd Member Posts: 60

HA HA funny...

• brocklesnarbrocklesnar Member Posts: 50
    Well, the good thing is that Henchmen AI is being improved in the new game majorly. However, there is one thing this game needs more than anything else and that is a damn Auction house so I don't have to come into a outpost/town and see a barrage of WT S's and WT B's streaming past at light speed.

Currently playing: World of Warcraft. Love the Recruit a Friend program!

Waiting for WAR.

• BentBent Member CommonPosts: 581

Allow players to create custom chat groups.  Or simply have "friends chat."  Allow the them to be password  protected and modded.  Simply /join Bentschat b1o2b3.  So as soon as I log into game I could type "/join bentschat b1o2b3" and be placed in a chat group with all my other friends whom type the same phrase when they log on.  If the chat group is able to have a mod and ban it could add a lot of community to GWs.  AKA you could have "Roleplayers1" and if someone joined that dicided to be a butt you could kick them from the group.  Or have TAers, as a group to help you such out people to TA with while your farming.

This was needed more before alliances came out.  But still could help alot to allow people to avoid immature people

AKA I would like to be able to chat to all my friends that are in different guilds at once instead of havinig to PM each person seperately or use 3rd party program like Xfire or AIM.

DiabloII had this as a simple word based program.  /join XXX YYY if noone is in the group you created it and become the mod.  /password set YYY to password it.  /kick Bob to kick bob.  /ban bob to ban until the group closes.  /set mod make someone else a 2nd or 3rd mod.  /leader sets someone else as the leader if not another mod is promoted when you leave.

DAoC also had custom chat group like this.  They were heavily use for raiding and mass PvP.  50 person raid you just yell "Everyone in raid join "DF1," if you are a party leader PM for an invite to a private chat."  You could also set stuff like only the leader can speak and nonone else.

• patri0tzpatri0tz Member UncommonPosts: 185

Originally posted by brocklesnar
    Well, the good thing is that Henchmen AI is being improved in the new game majorly. However, there is one thing this game needs more than anything else and that is a damn Auction house so I don't have to come into a outpost/town and see a barrage of WT S's and WT B's streaming past at light speed.

Amen to that.