Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

new players questions

devilsindevilsin Member Posts: 43

Well I finally got the game working after reformating my computer . I started this game 2 days ago and now I am a lvl 21 palus knight on Bartz server and now I got a few normal questions that probably every new player asks.

1. With the school starting in a week I may only be able to play about 15-18 hours a week. So I really need a class that can solo and get into parties rather quickly. I am more of a melee character so I want to make my palus knight a bladedancer. So my question is can bladedancer solo, at least to some extent, and will I get party invites at a decent rate?

2. Really the only cities of the game I have been to are Giran, Gludio and Gludin (think thats how u spell it). Gludio and Gludin have barely any people in them. So I was wondering where should i go to look for raid parties and even normal exp parties?

3. If i get into a raid party as a palus knight, im probably gonna get in as a tank. I just can't afford good armour or any of the real good weapons and I was thinking of doing raids to get some money. I think im wearing bronze armour atm (no grade) so would I need to upgrade my armour/weapon to be at least a decent tank for a raid boss? (also I am sry if im wrong on this as I never actually been in any l2 raids)

Comments

• TorakTorak Member Posts: 4,905

Originally posted by devilsin (clicky's included)

Well I finally got the game working after reformating my computer . I started this game 2 days ago and now I am a lvl 21 palus knight on Bartz server and now I got a few normal questions that probably every new player asks.
    1. With the school starting in a week I may only be able to play about 15-18 hours a week. So I really need a class that can solo and get into parties rather quickly. I am more of a melee character so I want to make my palus knight a bladedancer. So my question is can bladedancer solo, at least to some extent, and will I get party invites at a decent rate?
    You should be OK soloing. You may not level as fast as some of the other classes. I believe melees are getting some love in the upcoming C5. Most non-support classes in L2 can solo throughout to some extent.
    With the 15-18 hours a week, I wouldn't worry about it. Thats about what I played. Its just going to take a longer time span to level. 100 hours is 100 hours. Some just get that 100 hours done in a week while others have it spred out over a month or more. Just enjoy the game. Understand though, the grind gets pretty tough later on. Make lots of friends and try to get into a guild.
    2. Really the only cities of the game I have been to are Giran, Gludio and Gludin (think thats how u spell it). Gludio and Gludin have barely any people in them. So I was wondering where should i go to look for raid parties and even normal exp parties?
    Go to Dion. Thats basically the D grade capital lol (don't you hate all those "G" names? I can never tell them apart)
    3. If i get into a raid party as a palus knight, im probably gonna get in as a tank. I just can't afford good armour or any of the real good weapons and I was thinking of doing raids to get some money. I think im wearing bronze armour atm (no grade) so would I need to upgrade my armour/weapon to be at least a decent tank for a raid boss? (also I am sry if im wrong on this as I never actually been in any l2 raids)
    Bronze should hold you over for a bit more. Focus on weapons. Also, you get to use that "trade in" option from the newbie helper until level 25. Do not over look this. This will save you some cash on equipment. Keep getting your free buffs from him also.
    Your primary focus should be on a weapon right now, armor is comparitively cheap and easier to come by at D Grade.
    Learn the manor system to make more money. Use the Newbie helper until level 25, start doing the "7 signs" quest and collect the "seals". You can trade them in for "Ancient Adena" and use that to buy weapons and other gear from the blacksmith of mammon.
    Its easy to make money in L2 once you get pointed in the right direction...it just takes time.