Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Very annoying

tauraktaurak Member Posts: 174

There is a very annoying trend in WoW.

A new server comes out, you level to 60 as fast as possible, and hope to get into a raiding guild that won't wipe to Lucifron for 10 months.

So you hit 60 a little slower than other people, and get left in the dust. The raiding guilds are already full of your specific class. What is left to do? You guessed it, reroll when the next server comes out...

Things may be a little different on a PvE server, but on a PvP server there aren't many successful raiding guilds because most of the people in the guild only care about getting loot for PvP. They don't realise that if you give all the spell damage gear to your shamans that chances are your dps will be way too low to kill ragnaros.

If you don't get into a raiding guild there is nothing left for you to do at lvl 60. Sure you can hit high warlord, but once you do your game is over. You can only run stratholme so many times before it makes you want to vomit.

This is why new servers always die. This is why people pay a LOT of money for powerleveling services. This is one of the reasons most people can't have fun in WoW.

Comments

• jimmyman99jimmyman99 Member UncommonPosts: 3,221
    ...and this is why you shouldnt spend 10 hours daily, 70 hours weekly playing it. its not humanly possible to create a game full of content that would fit both casual and hardcore playstyles. You either make it grind-free but fast level game or you make it grind-full but slow anal leveling like EQ1 or Lineage2. Cant be both. Not possible.Pick your games carefuly.

I am the type of player where I like to do everything and anything from time to time.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holodomor - pre-WW2 genocide.
    imageimage

• AseenusAseenus Member UncommonPosts: 1,844
    one word.... lol

• giddgidd Member Posts: 89
    WOW....heh never took the time to notice thats a bad feature of wow too...but 20 bucks sas some beer and some kid wont give a danm what u said and im not the one drinking...welll to forgot what u said atleast
  • AfritAfrit Member Posts: 288

Originally posted by Aseenus
    one word.... lol

Is lol technically a word...? Hmm...
  • KazeemiaKazeemia Member Posts: 60

slow anal leveling

:) what does that mean? Anyway, you shouldn't take wow so seriously. The contents is, for me, in leveling. It's the first time I actually enjoy leveling, because 60 isnt a goal in it self. Nice feature.

• green13green13 Member UncommonPosts: 1,341

Originally posted by jimmyman99
    its not humanly possible to create a game full of content that would fit both casual and hardcore playstyles. You either make it grind-free but fast level game or you make it grind-full but slow anal leveling like EQ1 or Lineage2. Cant be both. Not possible.Pick your games carefuly.

"its not humanly possible" is almost always a bad way to start a thought :P

I disagree with you and several games in development are trying to do just this. The problem with World of Warcraft, ironically, is it totally lacks "world" factor. Players can't do a single damn thing that has any impact on the world. Once you reach end-game, it's just a long, tedious, repetitive grind for gear.

The next big step in mmos, and several are attempting to do this, is giving players more control over the world itself. It's the simplest solution to providing the game with more longevity without the need for constantly coding new content. A dynamic player-driven world means that even after players have maxed out their character and completed all of the quests etc., they progress from just playing the game to becoming the game.

• MMOKINGSMMOKINGS Member Posts: 4
    What mmo programers should do is have the players craete the content unknowly.. making the world more dynamic and ever lasting.. but how could we do that and still make it fun?

• NeonShadowNeonShadow Member UncommonPosts: 326
    ...Then roll on a PvE server? I don't see why you want to roll on a PvP server if it's PvE that you want to do anyways.
  • ShadoedShadoed Member UncommonPosts: 1,459

Haven't read all of the posts here in detail, but there does seem to be a very simple solution to your problem;

Start your own raid guild!

Now was that a major revalation or what.

It is not like you would have any problems pulling people away from other raid guilds, all you have to do is offer experienced people high positions in the guild (doesn't hurt to stroke ego's). There are usually plenty of people, like yourself, looking for another raid guild to get more time in.

It must be Thursday, i never could get the hang of Thursdays.