Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Day/Night Cycle pretty likely...

hadzhadz Member Posts: 712

...judging by the recent Leipzig screenshots of Nightfall! Although, I suppose this could be just a mission cutscene.

(Am I allowed to link directly to an image on another site?)

Comments

• freakerdfreakerd Member Posts: 60
    I think that Gaile Grey said that this feature isn't in Nightfall. But the story takes place at "nightfall".
  • AseenusAseenus Member UncommonPosts: 1,844
    errr interesting

Either way it's a B E A Utiful scene
  • DuraheLLDuraheLL Member Posts: 2,951
    Added night/day effects? Ok, not so far until we get hurricanes and rain xD

$OE lies list
    http://www.rlmmo.com/viewtopic.php?t=424&start=0
    "
    And I don't want to hear anything about "I don't believe in vampires" because *I* don't believe in vampires, but I believe in my own two eyes, and what *I* saw is ******* vampires! "

• NFWolfDudeNFWolfDude Member Posts: 304

I don't know, I would enjoy a day night cycle, most other MMO's I've played have them. It's not necessary, but wouldn't hurt. Besides, sneaking around in the dark with an assassin might be fun. I don't know about rain, snow, fog and such, they seem to cause lag in a lot of games, but then again, it's more eye candy. I guess I don't have a huge opinion either way on this. ::::06::

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    NFWolfDude

• jas0nwjas0nw Member Posts: 1
    Am l the only one who wouldn't like a day/night feature?

I usually play at night, and l do not want to only be able to play night-only elements of the game because of this.

And l think that the picture you posted was a mission cutscene ;). Apparently part of a storyline similar to the Ascalon travelers one.

• tigris67tigris67 Member UncommonPosts: 1,762

Originally posted by jas0nw
    Am l the only one who wouldn't like a day/night feature?

I usually play at night, and l do not want to only be able to play night-only elements of the game because of this.

And l think that the picture you posted was a mission cutscene ;). Apparently part of a storyline similar to the Ascalon travelers one.

*MOST* games don't have their day and night cycle coincide with the real world and considering that Guildwars is played on one server, it wouldn't work due to everyone playing from different time zones. They could simply have it be daylight for 2 hours then have it go to night time for...oh say 30 minutes. Rinse, wash and repeat.

Hi! My name is paper. Nerf scissors, rock is fine.
    MMORPG = Mostly Men Online Roleplaying Girls
    http://www.MichaelLuckhardt.com

• NvarNvar Member Posts: 5
    I'm against the day/night weather cycles. I have a high end system that would be able to handle the added memory but though it looks nice does not add to game play. Plus I have eye problems with lighting issues so I'd end up tryig to brighten the screen when in night cycle and have to darken it for day cycle. Why bother?
  • rayk3400rayk3400 Member Posts: 59

the server is split into the country your in , so in america theres only a 3 hr diff and thats not to big of one

thats a cutscene beacuse that doesent look like gw grafix

Originally posted by rayk3400
     thats a cutscene beacuse that doesent look like gw grafix

Err cutscenes in Guild Wars are gameplay gfx, and this scene is also gameplay graphics.