Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Video and Reviews of Archlord (From Beta)

SW-MazSW-Maz Member Posts: 15
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-wgKGNxKwo My collection of vids of the Archlord Beta. This includes, player/npc interaction, movement, PvE and PvP.

Onto my opinion of this game...

Wow, i didnt know Runescape got upgraded! There is A LOT of room to imrpove with this game. Despite the fact that it's in its early stage of beta, you'd think a game with a good concept and enough content to keep you busy would look good.

Three Races, Three Classes. Human, Orc, and Moon Elf. Each race has different names for their 3 classes, but they are virtually all the same. Knight (melee tank), archer (ranged fighter), Mage (magic powers). However, certain races have certain items and skills for their classes. The only other way to tell them apart is from there appearances.

The level of character appearance customization in this game is almost nothing compared to SWG. At the beginning, you choose you hair style, but NOT your hair color. Each hair style has only one hair color. Then you choose your face type. You only have a certain amount of choices at the start, but you can go to a beauty artist any time in-game. Thats all there is when it comes to character customization. No height or weight or anytihng like that, just face and hair.

To engage in combat, just double click on an npc. You have one toolbar with 10 slots but multiple panes you can switch to and from (keys 1 and 2 are only used for your health potions and mana potions as there is no healing profession in this game). Grinding mainly involves killing npc's and creatures, the quests so far give out a small amount of credits and xp, and at this point in the beta, its hard to find quests. To grind up your character, you will enter a "free combat area" in which anyone lv 5 and up can engage anyone else lv 5 and up to fight. To engage a player vs player fight, you must hold the Ctrl key and double click on your selected enemy. So if you are grinding and someone is near you, but neither of you want to fight, firing of an AoE will not effect him/her.

There is no player housing system, but instead a storage npc who you give items you want to store.

You can either sell/buy items from npc's, or you can go to an "item trader" npc in which you can buy and sell items from other people and to other people.

Transportation is quite simple. You must use a portal to a travel instantly. You can loot "passports/roundtrip passports" from npcs/creatures or you can just buy a ride to another city. At a certain level, you can buy mounts and combat mounts from an "Animal Breeder" npc.

To travel, you can either click on a location in front of you (like runecape) or move around with the arrow keys. The arrow keys are sometimes non-responsive and hard to move around with. To change the camera view, you just hold down the right mouse button and rotate around. Sometimes clicking on an area does not move you there, so you might have to use the arrow keys to adjust your location for a second then try again.

There are different chat tabs. In SWG terms... Spatial, Planet, Guild, Group, /tells. To send a private message, type /w *persons name* text.

That basically covers it all, if anyone has questions or if i might have missed something out just ask or let me know.

Comments

• HeavensFeelHeavensFeel Member Posts: 23
    Basicly, its where Lineage 2 was way back in Closed Beta. 

• DeserttFoxxDeserttFoxx Member UncommonPosts: 2,402
    These game seems to be 100% about soloing. No support classes, and survival relying alot on potions. The high end game is gonna be something that is really pointless. Why would the honeslty implement a game that has no support class and doesnt encourage any grouping. Being a grindfest is bad enough, but a solo grindfest is even worst.

Quotations Those Who make peaceful resolutions impossible, make violent resolutions inevitable. John F. Kennedy

Life... is the shit that happens while you wait for moments that never come - Lester Freeman

Lie to no one. If there 's somebody close to you, you'll ruin it with a lie. If they're a stranger, who the fuck are they you gotta lie to them? - Willy Nelson

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182
    True, the high end game is about clan politics. I mean, we should all go raid molten core a few more times.

by the way, the game is not  a solo grindfest. you have the CHOICE to solo or group. there are many mobs in the world made for grouping. people just can't be bothered to take a look first.

• SuitepeeSuitepee Member Posts: 921

I see potion spamming is in for the PvP. (I think that's what the guy was using until he ran out) 

Other than that,it looks average. Not bad,not good,but I'd like the beta slot to find out.

• LilithIshtarLilithIshtar Member Posts: 667

Originally posted by Suitepee

I see potion spamming is in for the PvP. (I think that's what the guy was using until he ran out) 
    Other than that,it looks average. Not bad,not good,but I'd like the beta slot to find out.

You CANT spam your potions. They heal over time, and you can't spam then. You can make them auto, but that's it.

Independant, Shinto, Lesbian, and Proud!

• SuitepeeSuitepee Member Posts: 921

Originally posted by LilithIshtar You CANT spam your potions. They heal over time, and you can't spam then. You can make them auto, but that's it.

Ok. I wish I could get in beta.

• Thekobe8Thekobe8 Member Posts: 57
    Still in a fight where both guys are the same levels the one that is going to win is whoever has more pots. the timer on the pots should be increased to like 5 seconds for pvp

• SW-MazSW-Maz Member Posts: 15

Originally posted by Thekobe8
    Still in a fight where both guys are the same levels the one that is going to win is whoever has more pots. the timer on the pots should be increased to like 5 seconds for pvp

ATM the cooldown timer on the potions are at about 3-5 seconds (havent actually tested it).

So far, the game is laggy and non-responsive at times, and rubberbanding is a common issue.  However, its only in beta, so that was kinda expected.