Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blizzard "planning" on WoW yearly expansions.

Yup ill beleive it when i see it.

Hers the linky:Article

Want to ENJOY an mmo?

Dont start a guild and dont be a leader or volunteer to be coleader or captain.

Just play the damn game:)

Comments

• ianubisiianubisi Member Posts: 4,201

So they owe everyone about 3 by the time Burning Crusade is released.

• darkedone02darkedone02 Member UncommonPosts: 581
    I hope they add in ragdoll physics in the game cause this game need a lot to work on at warfare, i want destructions, physics, battleships, air battles, and so forth. 

• ianubisiianubisi Member Posts: 4,201

Originally posted by darkedone02
    I hope they add in ragdoll physics in the game cause this game need a lot to work on at warfare, i want destructions, physics, battleships, air battles, and so forth.

Dream on, pal.

• giddgidd Member Posts: 89
    well they want it to keep  it fresh i bet and i dotn blame em wit WAR vangaurd age of conan whatever coming out theres some competion for WOW now and there gonna need to make the game better or else it aint gonna be the best MMORPG to date...and i say that as not gameplay wise but u know seller wise
  • brutotalbrutotal Member Posts: 276
    Blizzard move up from rts to a mmorpg because mmorpgs are the cash crop of the industry who don't rely on a gamble of recooping their development costs at release and can maintain a high amount of cash inflow for less invested.

It shouldn't be a suprise that they're going to use expansions to raise more funds, bring in more players and keep players looking forward to a big leap that they have already paid for with their monthly but will put down money on.

• DiatribeDiatribe Member Posts: 55

Originally posted by Puoltry

HA!  I'll believe it when I see it!  Right now, they'd have to have 10x the amount of folks working at Blizzard to get 1 expansion pack out a year, with how slow they are at things!

D.

So many games, so little time!

• ZombieBearZombieBear Member Posts: 11
    Also by every 1 WoW expansions there are 2 Guild Wars expansions ~_^

• acmtalkacmtalk Member Posts: 405
        See, I Don't play WOW anymore (did it for 2 months),  but I can tell that the reason its soo popular, is because They delivered a nearly bug free game that delivered what people expected.  U can bet that when this expanssion comes out, WOW selling numbers will Go skyrocket,  They are taking their time, and thats good...

If u ever played SOE games, u should know what happens when people try to "rush" their games/expansions...

• LudovicoLudovico Member Posts: 47
    I was really hoping too see something else from blizzard... I was hoping after burning crusade we might see some other new stuff. Starcraft 2, warcraft4, even a new fucking diablo! but alas, more years of WoW. It'll drag on with the same game style, maybe some new races, classes, or areas in the future but it'll be the same game. Newer games with better gameplay will be released durring this time and blizzard will continue to kick a dead horse. This is our future boys and girls

• VanillacreamVanillacream Member Posts: 344

Well its VERY apperant that Blizzard are copying EQ2 alot these days.

They change the pvp into "status points" just like in EQ2 you use your points to buy PvP equipment.

Now they plan to give out yearly expansion packs JUST like EQ2, altho EQ2 is better at this since they have said they will be releasing 2 exspansions and 4 adventure packs (which they have held so far".

PVP arena fights with arena titles, also from EQ2

Even map areas are copyed.....same names and even designs are the same.

BLAH, WOW is so crap my crap is insulted by using it as a referance to WOW.

Will not surprise me if they copy what EQ2 is doing with "faction" standing and what kind of path you can take, which EQ2 now has.

• ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261

Originally posted by Vanillacream

They change the pvp into "status points" just like in EQ2 you use your points to buy PvP equipment.

Now they plan to give out yearly expansion packs JUST like EQ2, altho EQ2 is better at this since they have said they will be releasing 2 exspansions and 4 adventure packs (which they have held so far".

Will not surprise me if they copy what EQ2 is doing with "faction" standing and what kind of path you can take, which EQ2 now has.

Actually, all those are/were in SWG before EQ2 :P

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

I seriously doubt they do it because Everquest 2 does it. they implant it because it works. they really won't give a damn if Eq2 does it or not. its the same thing when EQ2 implanted mail. if you think a little before you yell "Omigawd, they are going to copy WoW!" you can see that they implant it because its a great system for communication.
  • ssstupidossstupido Member Posts: 253

Originally posted by Gameloading

I seriously doubt they do it because Everquest 2 does it. they implant it because it works. they really won't give a damn if Eq2 does it or not. its the same thing when EQ2 implanted mail. if you think a little before you yell "Omigawd, they are going to copy WoW!" you can see that they implant it because its a great system for communication.

hey gameloading, i though you were going to say that this thread didnt belong here but on the WoW section... too bad, that would have given you +0.1 credibility
  • nomadiannomadian Member Posts: 3,490
    Hmm don't know even if Burning Crusade has gone Beta yet?

• ZombieBearZombieBear Member Posts: 11
    Burning Crusade ain't in beta yet...

• holythoughholythough Member Posts: 236

Originally posted by Puoltry

Pathetic, with the income the have from WoW they should have a free expansion eveery 3 months
  • RuthgarRuthgar Member Posts: 730
    This is a very funny read.
    http://nogg-aholic.blogspot.com/2006/02/why-wow-is-bad-game-reason-8.html

If you read that article, you realize that the free content patches were just things that they didn't finish, but were in the game since alpha or release. We will soon see free major content patches in WoW become extinct.
    I bet they do release them every year, it is easy to send out something. They can always save what isn't ready for the next expansion or throw their players a bone and give the content that was cut out of the expansion away free in a content patch later in the year.

Reason #1 on nogg's blog is funny and some of it is faked, but it is true. Most of the caves are the same, a little variety would be nice.