Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Am I getting too old?

Or what...  I'm 26 years old and haven't really been playing much games lately.  I have stopped playing FPS and started to gear myself more towards MMORPGs and RPGs.

Right now all I'm playing is Titan Quest and on-line Spades while I wait for Age of Conan.  I have been like this for some time now, I'm thinking it's just the lack of original games that are coming out.

Is it lack of games that are good coming out, or what.  I work a lot, but that never stopped me before.

<--- that's me.  I don't know.. who knows, I guess I'm just ranting.

Comments

• oh it's ok, it's time for a change, mmorpgs won't bring you anything except less money.

i'm playing single players nowadays too.

• RazorbackRazorback Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 5,253

I actually went through a similar phase of soul searching about my gaming future after the debacle of SWG. I put a LOT of time into SWG and the way it went I was really  about the whole thing.

Fortunately something else came along that made me see it was just a bad patch in my gaming life and not the end of it.

Hang in there, something will come along that will make you wonder why you ever questioned this excellent obsession we have and I think AoC may just be it too... The more I read about AoC the more drolly Im getting. The BEST thing about AoC is that its coming from a company that dont "need" the money. Funcom are already very financially stable and have several products in the market still earning good bucks for them. So hopefully they will take their sweet time and do it properly and we can all get back to having a good MMO to play, because the last 12 months has been pretty woeful for online gaming. (with the exception of BF2)

So yeah I feel you pain.... but it will pass....

And as for being too old.... Wanna swap ? I was 40 in April

+-+-+-+-+-+
    "MMOs, for people that like think chatting is like a skill or something, rotflol"
    http://purepwnage.com
    -+-+-+-+-+-+
    "Far away across the field, the tolling of the iron bell, calls the faithful to their knees. To hear the softly spoken magic spell" Pink Floyd-Dark Side of the Moon

• Vertex1980Vertex1980 Member Posts: 951

Originally posted by ob1sr

oh it's ok, it's time for a change, mmorpgs won't bring you anything except less money.
    i'm playing single players nowadays too.

I know that.  I know all MMORPGs are pretty much trash.  That's why I'm waiting for Age of Conan.

• BoozbazBoozbaz Member Posts: 1,918
    I've been feeling the same way bro. Last online I played was GW: factions and it didn't hook for long...

Try playing some classics like Star Control, or Civilization! I've been playing a bit of Ur-Quan masters, and surprizingly the older games are delivering.

Spades and Bejewled keeps my attention.

• XeximaXexima Member UncommonPosts: 2,697
    Has your penis become flacid and weak yet? if not, your not too old.

Originally posted by Xexima
    Has your penis become flacid and weak yet? if not, your not too old.

Not yet. It's still going strong.

• britocabritoca Member Posts: 1,484

I too am game-searching. The FPS is a bit too stressful nowadays when I get home from work. When I was in school I was a deathmatch junkie, now I wish there was a sightseeying FPS, ya know, go around looking at the bees and the flowers? lolol

MMOs are good in that aspect, the vast worlds, the more leisurly pace, etc, but while I'm smiling at the pretty graphics they're smiling at my shrinking wallet.

Then there's RTS, which are fun, but after a whole hr of playing or so I just don't care about building up the next round or armed forces, it's tiresome all that conflict.

I need relaxation

(puts arm around Vertex1980) welcome to old age buddy! ::::20::

-virtual tourist
    want your game back?

Originally posted by britoca

I too am game-searching. The FPS is a bit too stressful nowadays when I get home from work. When I was in school I was a deathmatch junkie, now I wish there was a sightseeying FPS, ya know, go around looking at the bees and the flowers? lolol
    MMOs are good in that aspect, the vast worlds, the more leisurly pace, etc, but while I'm smiling at the pretty graphics they're smiling at my shrinking wallet.
    Then there's RTS, which are fun, but after a whole hr of playing or so I just don't care about building up the next round or armed forces, it's tiresome all that conflict.
    I need relaxation
    (puts arm around Vertex1980) welcome to old age buddy! ::::20::

I tried playing some Quake 3 a little while ago... once I got the hang of it, and figured out the levels and what each weapon did... I could easily score in the top three... but it's just killing my fingers and hands and wrist after playing and "twitching" so much.

That's why I always loved MMORPGs.  They have their action, but at the same time, if I wanted to log on and just chat, I didn't have to worry about dodging a flack cannon or rail gun from 500000 meters away by a 12 year old that plays like a damn AIM bot. :)

Yeah... age is getting me. :(

• xpowderxxpowderx Member UncommonPosts: 2,078

Originally posted by Vertex1980

Or what...  I'm 26 years old and haven't really been playing much games lately.  I have stopped playing FPS and started to gear myself more towards MMORPGs and RPGs.
    Right now all I'm playing is Titan Quest and on-line Spades while I wait for Age of Conan.  I have been like this for some time now, I'm thinking it's just the lack of original games that are coming out.
    Is it lack of games that are good coming out, or what.  I work a lot, but that never stopped me before.
      <--- that's me.  I don't know.. who knows, I guess I'm just ranting.

lol, if you game you will always be a gamer. It doesnt go away with age. Only thing that goes away is time. but youll always find some time to play :-D And youll always be a gamer. I know. Been playing games(D&D, Traveller ect) since 1977! :-D Still have my 1972 gary gygax brown book edition of D&D. The first D&D books ever made only 2000 printed.
  • ValiumSummerValiumSummer Member Posts: 1,008

I turn 40 this month.   I love online games.   We have a rule at work though, whenever we are talking about mmorpgs... and a girl comes into the room we immediately change the subject to something less geeky... like football.  

Originally posted by ValiumSummer

I turn 40 this month.   I love online games.   We have a rule at work though, whenever we are talking about mmorpgs... and a girl comes into the room we immediately change the subject to something less geeky... like football.  

I just talk about it, and people are like WTF is a MMORPG?