Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is better???

MrLoLMrLoL Member Posts: 2

Sup all?... my quisten is whats GW is better GW original or, GW Faction(2)

i would like to hear ur opinion :D 10x Frome Mr.LoL

Comments

• DuraheLLDuraheLL Member Posts: 2,951
    Hm the bastards add more skills to the basic classes in original (GW) in Factions (Exp1)....

$OE lies list
    http://www.rlmmo.com/viewtopic.php?t=424&start=0
    "
    And I don't want to hear anything about "I don't believe in vampires" because *I* don't believe in vampires, but I believe in my own two eyes, and what *I* saw is ******* vampires! "

• VGJusticeVGJustice Member Posts: 640

That's a hard question. But, my opinion is that GW: Prophecies is the way to go.

It's a generally longer game, and it's more newbie friendly. Takes a while to get anywhere, and you don't get the 2 new classes, but that's not overly important.

GW: Factions levels you up really fast, but it's almost a requirement that you have already played the game because of how fast everything gets thrown at you. Not to mention money needs early on in the game. Add on that the fact that there just isn't as much to do in Factions comparatively.

--~~--
    Play Guild Wars? Go here - http://gw.gamewikis.org/wiki/Main_Page
    And go here for the new official Guild Wars Wiki! http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Main_Page

• AseenusAseenus Member UncommonPosts: 1,844
    original is by far better!

• ps_manps_man Member Posts: 107
    Both very good games but tbh you should defo go with gw:prophecies first not that factions is worst but prophcies brings you in to the game better than factions teachesw you stuff you need to know and you have a choice when to leave! you learn how to play the game in factions through a single mission! and it guides you in to the game btter  ! if you are a person to catch on easy and up for a real challenge then factions ! it is rumord that less than 2000 players have completed the story missions! so thats all i can say the choice is yours i have both so easy for me:D
  • mozismozis Member Posts: 436

Originally posted by ps_man
    Both very good games but tbh you should defo go with gw:prophecies first not that factions is worst but prophcies brings you in to the game better than factions teachesw you stuff you need to know and you have a choice when to leave! you learn how to play the game in factions through a single mission! and it guides you in to the game btter  ! if you are a person to catch on easy and up for a real challenge then factions ! it is rumord that less than 2000 players have completed the story missions! so thats all i can say the choice is yours i have both so easy for me:D

Punctuation would be great...

Anyway, go with Prphc, more content, newbie friendly and it will hold your interest for a longer stretch of time.

• ElnatorElnator Member Posts: 6,077
    Proph is so far and away better than Factions it's not even funny.  I'm very glad I didn't pay for factions (got it free).... I'd have really hated it.  But as a free expansion it's nice ;)

Currently Playing: Dungeons and Dragons Online.
    Sig image Pending
    Still in: A couple Betas

• Truemode2Truemode2 Member Posts: 46

So many questions on this...hehe let me sum it up on for you

Gw:Prophecies

In this Gw its more pve style..The Tiyra map is very big and has 25 mission for u to compleate.in order to get the protectores title. to do this u must do all mission bounus and get 25/25 missions done.Leveling is ratherly slower but takes about 1 week to gaine max level.This Version of Gw is much better for people who likes the PVE more.With Gw:Prophecies u will only be able to chose fro 6 proffestion to play.Witch are Warrior Ranger Monk Elementalist Necromancer Mesmer

Recomend for pve Fans or all new comers to buy first

Gw:Factions

In this Gw it is more PVP based With a new style of pvp Areanas Witch is AB(Allince Battle) ir order to join these battles ur guild must register to Lux or Kuz Faction so chose wisely.The map of cantha is rather much smaller to Tirya and is also a aisan Theme style.Leveling is seemingly Fast.it should only take a day or 2 or less if u can really hardcore te game.Even though the game is rather small but really fast leveling based the story line is aswome to follow.(some may dissagree with me)Only down side wit factions that theres not many place like FoW and UW to farm but factions is still rather good game.in this Gw u  have the choice to make 8 proffestion Witch are Warrior Raner Monk Elementalist necroamncer Mesmer Ritulist Asinssan

I Recomend this for pvp people

But my real recomendation is to get both GW at the same time.Here in there uk Gw:Prophecies is going for a bargin. you can buy it here for £9:00 so i can only imagein it being a little more or less in othere place..

Well there u have it i hope u get one of them in then end and Also

WELLCOME TO GW ENJOY YOUR STAY

• jsand199jsand199 Member Posts: 57

Tough question. I started with the original and played for about 3 weeks and leveled up my character to 20. Right after I hit 20 I went out and bought Factions. So far Factions is easier to level and has more classes to choose from. I would say buy the original since it is cheaper and then if you like it perhaps pick up Factions or just wait for Nightfall which should be out in a few months anyway. If the  $10 doesn't sway you at all then maybe Factions might be better because it seems to be a bit easier to get started.

• AquadorenAquadoren Member Posts: 12
    I would say Factions only becuse of the new profesions and skills. but if you dont like the sound of assassins or ritulasts then go prof its more pve based and takes longer to compet.

• Archangel999Archangel999 Member Posts: 6
    well id have to say propechies will be the best choice for a newb.. due to the fact that learning gameplay and other things is much easier .. the lingo takes awhile to adapt to.. but other then that.. both games are great

Arch.Angel